Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija (34568 Views)

8 Cheap Suvs Tougher Than A Jeep Wrangler (and 8 That Don’t Live Up) / China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria / 9 Cheap Cars Cost Less Than An Iphone X (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 06, 2016
ivoryhouse:
Nice one op. Car tuning is a process that takes interest and passion to even comprehend so for those asking for a definition just google (car tuning) and enjoy the read. For those asking about cost, it depends on how far you want to go so it can cost from as little as N5000 to N100m. I personally like the feel and look of 'old' cars with upgraded engines and interiors, especially SUVs. Has anyone noticed how good the first generation G-wagons, and Land Cruisers look? Then imagine them wearing new rubber and upgraded interiors and exhaust systems..then add diesel engines to the mix and you have monsters that will go almost anywhere, especially where other cars just dream about grin
For the record, i am a land rover man, and i feel the most rugged and beautiful land rover ever created is the land rover defender; it also remains the most 'pimpable' SUV (along with the jeep wrangler) on the planet! If you want to enjoy these SUVs, go diesel!

[img][/img]

Your head dey there! That's why the Defender was called the 4X4XFAR cool

1 Like

Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by NaijaEfcc: 9:22am On Dec 06, 2016
xvbill:
About the clk benz. I gat some intel now.
Its a clk 350
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by austinesteve(m): 9:34am On Dec 06, 2016
xvbill:

Dude car tuning is not about the age of the car, its not about latest airbag technology, it all about building your own machine, the passion, the fun, and the love of building your own project. we are not taking of the latest new generation cars. We talking about driving a built not bought.

Pls a petroleum head should help me explain to him.

His one of those clueless dudes with hunger for FTC without taking time to read d post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by bryan360: 11:12am On Dec 06, 2016
this is hw i did mine..smoked tail lights..black wheels..racing exhaust..sounds rili gr8 too

4 Likes

Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 06, 2016
Reminds me of MTV's show_ Pi-mp My Ride.
I've nursed this idea a long time ago, I would prefer those vintage SUVs that are so four-corner like a box. smiley

Would it be worth the stress? undecided
Lemme bookmark this thread first.

nawa!
Nairaland changed my pi-mp to love-vendor! grin

2 Likes

Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by oduz: 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
ItsBolaji:
The Benz 190e is 'Shagari' right?

NO

190 is what Naija calls Baby Benz.

Shagari is much bigger
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by kayo80(m): 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
Crixie:

I thought I was the only one admiring Mercedes w123...A clean one one is an astonishing example of a classic

Yup!
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by lordmayor213: 1:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
Wow!!! what a lovely compilation, but where can we get our cars pimped

1 Like

Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by sixtus3606(m): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
xvbill:
About the clk benz. I gat some intel now.
Its a clk 350
make i run go buy one!

the benz make sens. @ least, luvu2 go gree for me this time grin
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by sixtus3606(m): 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
bryan360:
this is hw i did mine..smoked tail lights..black wheels..racing exhaust..sounds rili gr8 too

YOU ARE A G!!!![b][/b]
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by Arewa12: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
Love this
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by dafe99: 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
xvbill:
Before I start with the list, you should know that these cars are my own personal opinion, and tunung is not widely done in naija but its still done by some petrolheads. So for those of us in that "petrolhead" category.
If u consider going into to the car tuning world, here is a list of cars to consider.

8. Vw golf mk1 and mk2
Never underestimate this bad german, its light, cheap, parts are very available. Price range 200k-300k

7. Audi tt. Mk1
Very nimble, solid engine to begin with 160hp RWD . audi parts are not so widely in available in my place (Abj) maybe its in lagos. Price range ?

6. Mercedes benz 190E 2.6
This one was used by our elders and even if u asked them about the performance of the car they will tell u its a beast. Go for the 2.6 litre straight six version. The chasis is very good. This car was overengineered. U can get one from. 190k- 260k. Parts are very available

5.Older mustangs. 1990s
Not too common on the roads but if u like most car guys and you like visiting junk yard, mechanic garages you can find one lying around. If in good condition, especially the v8s, its a nice platform to work with. price range depends on the car condition. What I do know is, its never gonna be above 400k.

4.Mercedes benz clk
If am not mistaking, I mean that Benz a guy named sultan (drift king) owns. And if u are used to abj stunts there is also a white one owned by top sports team. A v6 engine that produces around 231hp. (According to owner) i don't really know the exact year and model but pls any one that knows the car better should help me describe it better.
As far as I know they are mostly AT. Price 270k-400k.

3. BMW e36.
Haha no much to say, u all know what this machine is, with different variants i4s and i6s. But the best deal to go for is a coupe 325. That's what most drifters use in abj. If u watch the stunts @ wuye, idu u should notice that. And what more. They sound incredible with straight pipes. HP 102 to 193hp depending on variant. The 325 produces 192 hp @ 5200rpm and 250Nm @ 4k rpm.
manual trannys are miles better than the autos. Price 200k- 350k

2. Nissan S13 and S14
So much love and support from car community, but i think maybe your average nissan mechanic doesnt know the "SX" Nissan. Not so common on our roads but u might one day stumble across one and if its for sale and you dont buy it, u may end up regreting. (Just a car guy thing). Its very cheap and I found one in gwags for 170k. It was a 180sx S13 1.8ltr turbocharged. both s13 and s14 use light i4 engines with huge power output due to force induction systems. For instant a 200sx produces 200hp from an 2.0ltr i4 which is good for hooning around, and burning rubber. My problem is these cars are rare in naija.

1. BMW e30.
Respect your elders. Since 1983, this devil was a star. With so much love in the car community, tuning an e30 would not be difficult due to fact that there is so much forums and information about this car on the web, so much tutorial videos and how to, DIY and everything that can even make u mental about the e30.
With so much variants to choose, I recommend the coupe 325i . its very cheap with 250k u can get yourself one. But be fast if u want a clean one. Because dark night motorsports and superbike Nigeria collects them and influenced it on our car guys. Every one now wants an e30. Prices will ramp up and I can bet it. Get one now. Its gonna be a bit difficult to get the coupe, then u might want to go for the sedan but still a 325i sedan
Wow, I love all these cars. They are not common and can be tunned easily to beauties.

1 Like

Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by Arewa12: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
I wish we had tuning shop like South Africa...

1 Like

Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
Arewa12:
I wish we had tuning shop like South Africa...
There is this Arewa Customz in the North (Kaduna_ not so sure).
I almost thought you were them, going by your sobriquet.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by Arewa12: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
PaperLace:
There is this Arewa Customz in the North (Kaduna_ not so sure). I almost thought you were them, going by your sobriquet.
@U Arewa is just my buziness name... Lol
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by uvalued(m): 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
xvbill:
Notice.
Not brand new cars. Used cars we mean.

Tips.
And just a tip for used cars before u get yourself one. For me personally i know a used car can't be 100% as good as new so what I consider is the engine, a good engine with no issue. Secondly the chassis, and frame, if it has no serious rust and its not broken then it's good for consideration.
An easy way to know if a car has rust open the trunk, where the spare tire is will tell the condition. The floor of the car, raise the carpet u should notice if there is rust.
Open the door the sound made by the hinge will tell how the car was maintained. I can't describe the sound but if the hinge sound weird then that's bad.
thanks you for this advice... and for the price range of those cars.. wuld have been nice if you posted images... on cars nissan sunny is it 1990 model what is your opinion on it....
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by ItsBolaji: 7:34am On Dec 07, 2016
kayo80:

No o! 190 is what the old timers called baby benz. That's the picture below. And below it I have included the picture of the Shagari benz, so you know the difference. The Shagari Benz is what was used by Hakeem's (Eddie Murphy's) parents when they came to New York, America from Africa in the Coming to America movie.
the love I have for that Shagari model mehn!

1 Like

Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by kayo80(m): 7:35am On Dec 07, 2016
ItsBolaji:
the love I have for that Shagari model mehn!

smiley
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by AKMoney1(m): 8:26am On Dec 07, 2016
lordmayor213:

Xvbill, oya come and answer this... At least we need where to tune our rides after getting them. I'm highly interested and wish 400 -500k can complete the job on a bmw car.
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
kayo80:
OP, what of this Benz? I have been looking for a clean on in Ibadan for a while now. I am hoping to get one next month sha.
. Nice car but if u looking for an old benz with good peeformance get the 190e. 2.6

1 Like

Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
lordmayor213:

Nice question, my own intention for creating this list is more targeted to individuals with the passion to build there own very project car, but that's not all yes some people want a project car but they also want it done for them for so many reasons. I know of only one garage that tunes car, which is located at Abuja garki, ahmedu bellow way, Q CUSTOM GARAGE. They built two drift cars, bmw e36 325coupe and a bmw e36 328 sedan.
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by kayo80(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
xvbill:
. Nice car but if u looking for an old benz with good peeformance get the 190e. 2.6

Okay. Thank you.
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
Check Google to know the supporting mods for your car and price range.
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
QCUSTOMS garage Abuja, located at garki Ahmadu bello way after slot phone shop. That's a garage I know of that also tune cars, but mostly they do basic tuning such as, LSD for drift cars, performance air intake, performance exhaust systems and exhaust flow système, ECU remap heat decepation, also they do roll cage fabrication and general safety harness fabrication, braking system upgrades, engine swap. et c

Now let's say u want something more extraordinary like force induction system. (Turbo charging) most cases it have to be purchased and imported into the country then the neccesary fittings are done in the garage.
Re: 8 Cheap Cars To Get You Into Tuning In Naija by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
an engine swap is also another option for greater performance. All u need for such is a good rewire man also u have the internet that's ur greatest advantage. I know of two successful bmw engine swaps. Here is one, Bmw e30 with an e36 m50 engine swapped in. Nigeria video link. https://www.instagram.com/p/BDbmMTzOMpq/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Escape Being Burnt To Dead While Sleeping. / 25 Cool Cars At The 2019 Autofest In Lagos (photos) / Rarest Cars In The World And What Their Price Tags Are Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.