Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Is Devil Really A Lair? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Devil Really A Lair? (545 Views)

Is The Devil Really At Fault? / Halloween Is Devil’s Holiday, Ex-satanist Turned Evangelist Says / Apostle Suleman , Lair Lair Pants On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Devil Really A Lair? by obisage(m): 10:21am On Dec 04, 2016
I've being wondering about this topic for sometimes now.
I've read through the Bible and noticed that most time when devil had encounter with humans, he kept to his words.

the first example is when he told Eve that if you eat the forbidden fruit she shall become wiser. and that was exactly what happened.

another example is when God called Satan for a meeting about his son Job. he asked devil to tempt Job but never to take his life of which devil kept to his promise.

there are many other incidences, and that keeps me wondering if Satan is not just an imaginary creature by man to be blamed when something goes wrong?

1 Like

Re: Is Devil Really A Lair? by darnley16(m): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2016
he is Just live ur life right and just !!! weather he exists or not just live a good life
Re: Is Devil Really A Lair? by TreasuredLeidy(f): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2016
hmmmm. if u ask me, na who I go ask

1 Like

Re: Is Devil Really A Lair? by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 04, 2016
obisage:
I've being wondering about this topic for sometimes now.
I've read through the Bible and noticed that most time when devil had encounter with humans, he kept to his words.

the first example is when he told Eve that if you eat the forbidden fruit she shall become wiser. and that was exactly what happened.

another example is when God called Satan for a meeting about his son Job. he asked devil to tempt Job but never to take his life of which devil kept to his promise.

there are many other incidences, and that keeps me wondering if Satan is not just an imaginary creature by man to be blamed when something goes wrong?

You mumu no be small. In the case of eve, why didn't the devil tell eve that if eat the fruit, he(the devil) is taking man's place? Why didn't the devil tell eve that if man eat from the forbiden fruit, man will be alienated from God? And did man became wise when he ate of the fruit? No.

In the case of Job, God told the devil! With your little understanding (that I strongly doubt), you should know here that that was a command, and satan, even in his mischieviouness, recognize the supreme authority.
Why didn't you reference the case of Jesus that was tempted by the devil in the wilderness? Stupid boy!
Re: Is Devil Really A Lair? by oglalasioux(m): 11:33am On Dec 04, 2016
mikezuruki:

You mumu no be small. In the case of eve, why didn't the devil tell eve that if eat the fruit, he(the devil) is taking man's place? Why didn't the devil tell eve that if man eat from the forbiden fruit, man will be alienated from God? And did man became wise when he ate of the fruit? No.

In the case of Joshua, God told the devil! With your little understanding (that I strongly doubt), you should know here that that was a command, and satan, even in his mischieviouness, recognize the supreme authority.
Why didn't you reference the case of Jesus that was tempted by the devil in the wilderness? Stupid boy!

There's no reason to call the OP stupid. He asked a valid question and backed it up with instances. You made no point, even changing the name Job to Joshua, and you spew anger just like a deranged Boko Haram defending Islam. We should learn to be civil when responding to posts especially when it is contrary to our beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Is Devil Really A Lair? by mmsen: 11:39am On Dec 04, 2016
According to the book of Genesis the 'devil' is the speaker of truth.

If the truth is evil and satan is a truth speaker then by default god is a liar.
Re: Is Devil Really A Lair? by mrvitalis(m): 11:55am On Dec 04, 2016
mikezuruki:

In the case of Joshua, God told the devil! With your little understanding (that I strongly doubt), you should know here that that was a command, and satan, even in his mischieviouness, recognize the supreme authority.

Why would God create devil in the first place??

Ok ok why send him to earth?? Of all the trillion and trillion galaxies

And two the devil didn't lie he didn't just say the complete truth thats not a lie

And also from the Bible God did worst than devil
Re: Is Devil Really A Lair? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
oglalasioux:

There's no reason to call the OP stupid. He asked a valid question and backed it up with instances. You made no point, even changing the name Job to Joshua, and you spew anger just like a deranged Boko Haram defending Islam. We should learn to be civil when responding to posts especially when it is contrary to our beliefs.

Shut up abeg! Not all beliefs(an example is that of the OP) deserve respect and also require one to act civil about it. However, I respect that the OP is entitle to his belief.
Re: Is Devil Really A Lair? by obisage(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
mikezuruki:

I would have called you a Moro.n but that will be an insult to all the morons in the world. because your level of senselessness is so low that you're not even qualified to be a fool.

to the topic, I said Job not Joshua ( you talk from your anus because you don't pay attention to details)

Job 1:6-9. 6 Now the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them. 7 Then Jehovah said to Satan: “Where have you come from?” Satan answered Jehovah: “From roving about on the earth and from walking about in it.” 8 And Jehovah said to Satan: “Have you taken note of my servant Job? There is no one like him on the earth. He is an upright man of integrity, fearing God and shunning what is bad.” 9 At that Satan answered Jehovah: “Is it for nothing that Job has feared God?

does this look like a command to you? anu mpama!
read you Bible you said no. that you'll sheepishly fool you foolish pastor.
Re: Is Devil Really A Lair? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
oglalasioux:

Shut up abeg! Not all beliefs(an example is that of the OP) deserve respect and also require one to act civil about it. However, I respect that the OP is entitle to his belief..

(1) (Reply)

Shiloh 2016 From Glory To Glory – Venue, Time And Activities / Who You Help. / “I Am Through With Sin!”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.