Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,041 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios (20089 Views)

See Why Whatsapp Video Chat Is Still Better Than Appleā€™s Facetime For Now. / 10 Reasons Android Beats The Iphone / Google Chrome For Android Will Soon Allow Users Export Saved Passwords (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by PhonePlanet(m): 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2016
elvision1:

nice article, i entered enraged, to chop off your arrogant head but its tightly packed with important details locked in.

smiley
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by 19naia(m): 11:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
True. Apple is less variety and fixed to a high price bracket.

Apple has limited input for iPhone and iPad.

What you get in exchange though is a device that is less prone to malware because apple is careful to not let you load up or interface with just anything from anywhere.

Apple is also very long lasting. By the time you go through several other devices, one iphone will still be operating well and the long term cost savings is unbeaten unless you are one who has to get the next generation every time it is released. I Still enjoy my 4th generation iPad with upgraded ios10

Apple replaced my broken iPad with a new one of the same model for the price of a standard repair. I paid only the repair cost and got a brand new ipad of the same specs.

But its true that apple repair access has diminished as they have moved to lock out repairs from any non apple authorized repair service. The latest generation phones will black out of operation if tampered with outside of apple care. I think it has to do with security now that the phones embed banking and finger print details. Why would you trust your finger print and banking embedded data with a road side technician just anywhere?
Apple is top notch for security. People with money, like to know that their sensitive data are well secured.

Its true that Android has the bigger market advantage but i am an apple man all the way even to the laptop for the reason of security from system crashes, malware and long lasting devices.
Apple operating systems are more stable and better protected and do not install on just any hardware. You can find android on rubbish phones like Itel that failed me in the first month. You can find windows on rubbish computers that crash so often.
So while you can easily download and interface with most other devices via android, apple is not so eager to accept any old joystick prodding into it with any kind of spermatoa of data and any viruses secretly secreted with the package.
My iPad is less likely to catch AIDS and die when compared to my samsung galaxy grand prime. Because android versus ios is like a faithful housewife versus the asawo on every street corner available at every price range ,and no serious restriction in leiu of deadly virus transmission.

People are likey operating personalities similar to the operating sytem of their phone.
" By their phone, you shall know them".
Or was that originally "by their fruits.you shall know them"?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by elvision1(m): 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2016
PhonePlanet:

smiley

but you are still an arrogant SOB Though, coming to claim lord over another's thread and glory, am coming for your head..........after i finish reading your informative notes.
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by PhonePlanet(m): 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
I can't believe this topic got to front page. I'm disappointed in the mods. Lalasticlala and the team.

And who is the person liking all my post.
Seun you see why I said I wish nairaland had this feature?
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by PhonePlanet(m): 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
elvision1:

but you are still an arrogant SOB Though, coming to claim lord over another's thread and glory, am coming for your head..........after i finish reading your informative notes.
I'm ready
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by Thomsyne(m): 11:50pm On Dec 04, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Google's Android OS currently holds about 83% market share of Mobile devices,that's a huge margin compared to what Apple holds.
I'll give you 10 reasons why Android Devices will always be more popular than iOS powered phones.

1. Variety
There are different brands of Android phones. This variety gives users a lot to choose from. Some have amazing camera quality, others are beasts with amazing specifications. In iOS you're tied down to only Apple. You can only choose from the devices they have which are obviously limited.

2. Target Market
The Android OS has devices that covers every country .Google has covered virtually every country on earth and can easily detect common habits and behavioral patterns of mobile phone users in any country making it easier for them to know the best devices and features that'll work in a specific region.As for Apple, they simply lack that ability .

3. Flexibility and Control
Android gives you the freedom to do what ever you want with your phone. You can root Android devices with the touch of a button, Change your phone's UI by installing a launcher, flashing a Custom ROM or using Xposed Modules. Tips for Making Good Grades on Your Internship In iOS you hardly have any control without jailbreaking the phone. Even after jailbreaking the device, there are still limits to things you can do.

4. Connectivity
There are a variety of ways to transfer files in Android Devices. You can use Bluetooth , Xender , HotKnot, NFC and more to receive apps, music, photos and other media files. iOS on the other hand forces you to download music from iTunes and you cannot even collect music from someone via Bluetooth because some iPhones don't have Bluetooth support.

5.Budget And Cost Of Devices

Android has different phones that cut across every sector of any country's economy. There are phones for the High Class, Middle Class and Low Class. By reducing the cost of production for some devices, Android devices are able to meet the budget of almost everyone. Let's take smartphones in Nigeria as an example. Tips for Writing on Project Topics and for Project Defense

INFINIX, Tecno and Itel are owned and operated by the same company but each of these devices take care of the needs of a particular class of people. iTel devices are mostly targeted at the low income earners, while Tecno and Infinix take care of the average and high income earners.

This strategy has enabled these phones have a larger market share if devices in Nigeria. This is the same method all Android OEMs are using all over the world to cover every part of any country they're targeting. However , Apple devices are stuck to the price that Apple has set. iPhones are targeted at high income earners.

6. Availability Of Repair Centres
Nobody wants to use a phone that can't be fixed when it has a fault. Many Android devices can be fixed by third-party repair centers or personnel quite easily as their parts are readily available. The cost of repair is also relatively affordable. Unlike in iOS, The cost of repairing an Apple product is always high and the parts are always scarce.
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by olisaEze(m): 11:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
PhonePlanet:

First of all, before I correct you. this article is trash. Please and please, if you are not sure about something, google it out before you write it. You don't just write from your head. It takes me days to write articles sometimes just So I can be sure of what I'm saying. Do t just try to drive home a point using rubbish facts and your own believes. 'Cos this you wrote is just .....

*picks up phone*
Me: Hello is that lawma?

I'm coming... Scroll down

Broda u really ddnt need to quote the whole write-up to get ur point across undecided
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by PhonePlanet(m): 11:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
olisaEze:

Broda u really ddnt need to quote the whole write-up to get ur point across undecided
Alright. Will edit it...
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by emymeeky: 12:04am On Dec 05, 2016
PhonePlanet:
I can't believe this topic got to front page. I'm disappointed in the mods. Lalasticlala and the team.

And who is the person liking all my post.
Seun you see why I said I wish nairaland had this feature?

Such a pained nincom.....

Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by PhonePlanet(m): 12:20am On Dec 05, 2016
emymeeky:

Such a pained nincom.....
Oh please I only talk with people that have something to offer
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by internetgangste: 12:27am On Dec 05, 2016
PhonePlanet:

See this one? your knowledge is so low as i just schooled you so really, I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE!!! I'm way better than you.

And this is what a real article from someone who has the knowledge looks like.
https://www.nairaland.com/3077978/lets-talk-android

Please you that bought data. Spend it wisely and educate yourself.

By all means you're correct. The op has trash Android could have some advantages over iPhone, bit not just any in he's mentioned. He doesn't seem like he knows much

all his points are irrelevant as per why ppl prefer Android. If you've ever used both before and you have the money and you need to choose again you'd go for iPhone.
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by InvertedHammer: 12:36am On Dec 05, 2016
/
Either way, it doesn't make sense to me to spend N400k on a phone that will be obsolete in 1 year.

Folks who bought iphone 5s two years ago will be feeling like crap right now.

And the ones that threw down thousands for iphone 6s last year will be envious of iphone 7 braggarts.

At least developed countries will let you trade in your old iphone for upgrade.

But for Africans, I believe it is an outright buy.

Funny thing is that iphone 7 has functionalities that about 90% of users will never know or use.

\

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by Ignyte(m): 1:02am On Dec 05, 2016
Greatzeus:
Actually, the number one reason will always be the price. Cost of iPhone is no doubt out of range for majority of Africans. If the price of iPhone will by someway be like that of most android devices,many will dumb their Android for iPhone.
But we all know the probability of an iPhone price being on the same scale with Android is probably not probable grin

Bruh, Even if an iphone sold for 25k, I wouldn't buy... Android OS rocks... the only thing that can be better than it is AI and it isn't available anywhere yet
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 05, 2016
-
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by fkdmods: 2:01am On Dec 05, 2016
PhonePlanet:

First of all, before I correct you. this article is trash. Please and please, if you are not sure about something, google it out before you write it. You don't just write from your head. It takes me days to write articles sometimes just So I can be sure of what I'm saying. Do t just try to drive home a point using rubbish facts and your own believes. 'Cos this you wrote is just .....

*picks up phone*

*modified
For all those people saying I was rude and ish.
I'm sorry that I found the op's post offensive, inaccurate and extremely false. And I could only call it trash cos it's actually trash. So sorry for being so blunt and not taking the gentle man approach.

What exactly is false about the OP's post?
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by PhonePlanet(m): 2:28am On Dec 05, 2016
fkdmods:

What exactly is false about the OP's post?
Scroll down on that page
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by ZoneBslayer(m): 2:29am On Dec 05, 2016
ermm someone said apple has a better hardware than android phones..pitch the best of apple against the Sony xperia Z1...lemme see which phone will outlast each other after a year..there are rugged android phones in the market so be specific..
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by PhonePlanet(m): 2:29am On Dec 05, 2016
oladom2:
I like Sony Xperia Z Ultra with 6 or 6.4 inches screen.I also like the sharp edges than the curvy edge of iphone .Another thing I dislike about iphone is the small screen size
The iPhone 6 plus, 6s plus and 7plus has 5.5 inch screen
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by PhonePlanet(m): 2:30am On Dec 05, 2016
ZoneBslayer:
ermm someone said apple has a better hardware than android phones..pitch the best of apple against the Sony xperia Z1...lemme see which phone will outlast each other after a year..there are rugged android phones in the market so be specific..
The iPhone would outlast the z1
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by fkdmods: 2:31am On Dec 05, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Scroll down on that page

Still haven't said anything.
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 05, 2016
-
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by ZoneBslayer(m): 2:51am On Dec 05, 2016
PhonePlanet:

The iPhone would outlast the z1
I disagree... heck even my old Sammy s3 outlasted my sister's iPhone 5..she doesn't even use it anymore..she has changed batteries a couple of times yet it drops from 100-40 in minutes..her rear camera has gone blurry..my old Sammy is still kicking..
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by ancientbanana: 5:38am On Dec 05, 2016
Greatzeus:
Actually, the number one reason will always be the price. Cost of iPhone is no doubt out of range for majority of Africans. If the price of iPhone will by someway be like that of most android devices,many will dumb their Android for iPhone.
But we all know the probability of an iPhone price being on the same scale with Android is probably not probable grin
don't knw for u o! But for me even if Apple was 10k I no fit buy am. I have used Android n I haven't seen anything beta when it comes to user freedom. Am not in jail so y do I need to break out of jail (jailbreak) to enjoy freedom on Apple ios. Mtcheww apple na beans. Beside Android has phones as expensive as Apple. Android is so sweet to the point blackberry dumped their os for Android.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by ZUBY77(m): 5:42am On Dec 05, 2016
PhonePlanet:

First I need a trusted site link that confirms this. Then if actually google pick info from my phone, it's just info it needs to know, which every company even apple does. Buy when it gets extra, then that's privacy invasion!!

And yet google play music is not available in Nigeria.....?

But apple iTunes is! For years now.

I'm not done with you. I'm taking them one by one....to the end.

Illiterate
Arguing because it's called argument
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by ancientbanana: 5:48am On Dec 05, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Seriously

Where do I start from now.....time to School some people....

Any android phone that is just as good as the iPhone is also just as expensive or more expensive than the iPhone. A Google pixel is more expensive than the iPhone. You can afford an android phone because those are cheaper substandard models which apple does not make for the iPhone. So shuuuuuu. Check the pic uploaded below or google it out to comfirm

Next!!!!
if them fall dem no go break? Than keke u put for Pocket so o.
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 05, 2016
It's evident that op wrote this trash without a single research rather, pulled them all from his as$. Everything is just bullshit and i'm still wondering if you're truly a tech blogger.. And again, learn to manage criticism well, you need it more. Going through all the thread, all your post were quite a repulsive to me and immediately, i disliked you. You were enlisting your achievements despite being so young. The truth is, you're too proud and might not go far with that trait, work on it. Next time, gather your facts write. Tech is about facts not lame assumptions.

Good luck bro..
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by bareal(m): 6:34am On Dec 05, 2016
PhonePlanet:

*picks up phone*

*modified
For all those people saying I was rude and ish.
I'm sorry that I found the op's post offensive, inaccurate and extremely false. And I could only call it trash cos it's actually trash. So sorry for being so blunt and not taking the gentle man approach.
Truly, you have typed 'talked' but sincerely you have not said anything. No basis for outburst!
How old are you?
Why are you so angry?
Are you going through a phase?
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:42am On Dec 05, 2016
HenryDion:
It's evident that op wrote this trash without a single research rather, pulled them all from his as$. Everything is just bullshit and i'm still wondering if you're truly a tech blogger.. And again, learn to manage criticism well, you need it more. Going through all the thread, all your post were quite a repulsive to me and immediately, i disliked you. You were enlisting your achievements despite being so young. The truth is, you're too proud and might not go far with that trait, work on it. Next time, gather your facts write. Tech is about facts not lame assumptions.

Good luck bro..

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try.
Re: 6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios by caesaraba(m): 6:49am On Dec 05, 2016
jomoh:

honestly I've never seen anyone go from iPhone back to android because of it's functionality.

Ihe only reason I see that make people go back to android is MONEY.

I for one met android before I met iphone but when I met iphone it was like a divine love story. Though am back to using android albeit temporarily due to finance because my iPhone was stolen. In spite of this I still own an iPad. Still everytime I hold my android phone, I can but feel as if there's something missing.

Let me state some reasons I personally prefer an iPhone to android anyday.

security
camera
guaranteed functionality/stability
simplicity
completeness

second hand value

God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

USSD Charge Scrapped As Ecobank's MD Challenges Other Banks & Telcos To Follow / More Telecoms Subscribers' Woes Loom / Which App Can I Use To Change Voice During Call On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.