Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

How Valuable Are You To A Recruiter? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Valuable Are You To A Recruiter? (5961 Views)

Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter / Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter / How To Answer ''Tell Us About Yourself'' When A Recruiter Asks You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: How Valuable Are You To A Recruiter? by amicable09(f): 10:00am On Dec 06, 2016
eph12:

Just wondering how that means more money in their pockets when they're not in charge of finance.
Okay. I see you are asking this question because you genuinely care to know the answer. I'll respond like a teacher now.

You know we have recruitment agencies/companies in Nigeria right? Do you also know what they do in these recruitment companies?

One of their major functions is headhunting. It's not a new concept in Developed countries but here in Nigeria it is more often than not abused. These headhunters in Nigeria match candidates whose skills align with a position they are seeking to fill on behalf of their client. This act seemingly small cost money. Their clients (hiring company) pay for the service.

Now, if the hiring company is paying 50,000 per head for a role for instance, the recruitment agency will have its cut because of course the process isn't entirely free. A candidate who negotiates less say 25-30,000 will most likely have the job going by the OP's topic. Do you understand?

They want high value for less cost.
Which means, they keep the balance in their pockets, more money for them.

1 Like

Re: How Valuable Are You To A Recruiter? by ItsawrapOutfit: 11:33am On Dec 06, 2016
I remember an oil company telling me I was overqualified instead of them to just say the obvious that they cannot afford me as they were looking for a trainee

Know your worth/value and add tax to it, never ever devalue yourself to fit in

1 Like

Re: How Valuable Are You To A Recruiter? by nenergy(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
ItsawrapOutfit:
I remember an oil company telling me I was overqualified instead of them to just say the obvious that they cannot afford me as they were looking for a trainee

Know your worth/value and add tax to it, never ever devalue yourself to fit in
Hahahaha. I feel you. I'm not advising people to undervalue themselves. It is important to research industry salary figures (or post on Nairaland asking salary questions) and negotiate within that range.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Work From Home: 92 Million Jobs To Be Done Remotely By 2030 / Diya Fatimilehin / Skye Bank Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.