Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 (7428 Views)

Nigeria, Morocco Partnership: Leeway For Tech Startups / Buhari & King Of Morocco Fertilizer Deal Now Costs N5,500 / Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by seenter84: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2016
Story
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by skate(m): 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
As long their is reduction in the price of fertilizer i think its a good development. I wonder what will be the work of N power Agric. humm
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Skie(m): 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
Another fable from the storyhouse!
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by sweetgala(m): 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
engrobidigbo:

Fertilizer is already selling below N5,000 here in Nigeria....

Subsidised fertiliser that is.
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by engrobidigbo: 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
sweetgala:

Subsidised fertiliser that is.

Not subsidized....

Direct from Indorama Eleme Fertrilizers.... They sold at N4,500 in June but now selling at N4,850
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
Handsomecole:
We have vast lands wasting and lying fallow all over the country. It's beyond just promising and forecasting.

#OrjiUzorKalu2019
You must be Orji Uzor Kalu because majority of the Igbo will not vote for you because you did not do well as a Governor
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Fundamentalist: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pavore9:

You can produce the organic fertilizer you need! From compost, liquids from earthworms, waste water from fishponds etc Waste water from fishponds is the heartbeat of aquaponics, you need no soil but can grow strawberries all year round with it!

You have just indicated that you are not an agronomist.

Just a sooth sayer.
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Pavore9: 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
Fundamentalist:

You have just indicated that you are not an agronomist.

Just a sooth sayer.

I highlighted how an individual can go organic and you call me a sooth sayer!....you make me laugh and it seems you are new to the Agric section! cheesy cheesy cheesy

If l add rabbit urine, you will brand me something else! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Fundamentalist: 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2016
Pavore9:

I highlighted how an individual can go organic and you call me a sooth sayer!....you make me laugh and it seems you are new to the Agric section! cheesy cheesy cheesy

If l add rabbit urine, you will brand me something else! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Realyy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Pavore9: 6:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
Fundamentalist:

Realyy cheesy cheesy

Am involved in an organic strawberry farm project where all we use is rabbit urine and vermicompost (earthworms are used to convert organic waste into fertilizer)
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Fundamentalist: 6:19am On Dec 07, 2016
Pavore9:

Am involved in an organic strawberry farm project where all we use is rabbit urine and vermicompost (earthworms are used to convert organic waste into fertilizer)

Where is this been practiced, Can you produce it on a commercial scale. And how acceptable will it be to our local farmers
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Pavore9: 8:19am On Dec 07, 2016
Fundamentalist:

Where is this been practiced, Can you produce it on a commercial scale. And how acceptable will it be to our local farmers
I work in Nairobi, kenya. Of course it can be done in a commercial scale as the organic strawberries is supplied weekly to the upscale Java coffee House in Nairobi.

A farmer who today wants to get the best out of his effort MUST do away with the old methods of doing things as the world has moved on.

Just take vertical sack farming as an example, with a plot of land in Lagos, l can harvest N300k worth of organic high valued veggies monthly.

Here in Kenya, a litre of rabbit urine is selling for about N750, it proves it has value as it serves as pesticide and foliar feed.

People like to copy what is practicable and higher earning.
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Fundamentalist: 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Pavore9:

I work in Nairobi, kenya. Of course it can be done in a commercial scale as the organic strawberries is supplied weekly to the upscale Java coffee House in Nairobi.

A farmer who today wants to get the best out of his effort MUST do away with the old methods of doing things as the world has moved on.

Just take vertical sack farming as an example, with a plot of land in Lagos, l can harvest N300k worth of organic high valued veggies monthly.

Here in Kenya, a litre of rabbit urine is selling for about N750, it proves it has value as it serves as pesticide and foliar feed.

People like to copy what is practicable and higher earning.

Its easier said than done. If it had been like you said, why are our farmers still many light years behind
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Pavore9: 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
Fundamentalist:

Its easier said than done. If it had been like you said, why are our farmers still many light years behind
Our farmers are not into it does not mean others outside Nigeria aren't!....knowledge increases output.
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Pavore9: 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
Fundamentalist:

Majority of farmers in Africa our rural dwellers

That is the job of the Agric extension officers, they are responsible for linking farmers with knowledge but the ministry of agriculture at the states and federal levels have failed in this. How many farmers in Nigeria have the phone numbers of the Agric extension officer who ought to be covering their localities?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by hahn(m): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2016
Pavore9:

That is the job of the Agric extension officers, they are responsible for linking farmers with knowledge but the ministry of agriculture at the states and federal levels have failed in this. How many farmers in Nigeria have the phone numbers of the Agric extension officer who ought to be covering their localities?

How many rural farmers even know that there is something called an Agric extension officer? undecided
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Pavore9: 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
hahn:

How many rural farmers even know that there is something called an Agric extension officer? undecided

But they are employed y the Agric ministry, most sit back at the office and are more interested in selling seeds and fertilizers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by hahn(m): 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
Pavore9:

But they are employed y the Agric ministry, most sit back at the office and are more interested in selling seeds and fertilizers.

The story of Nigeria sad
Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Pavore9: 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2016
hahn:

The story of Nigeria sad

When l was involved with some Agric projects in some states in the southeast, l worked with their respective ministry of agriculture and had a first hand experience with the rot there. Paddy rice that was supplied by the FG to be distributed to local rice farmers to plant was processed by these extension officers and sold in the markets!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria/morocco To Produce One Million Tons Of Fertilizer From 2017 by Fundamentalist: 10:54pm On Dec 07, 2016
Pavore9:

When l was involved with some Agric projects in some states in the southeast, l worked with their respective ministry of agriculture and had a first hand experience with the rot there. Paddy rice that was supplied by the FG to be distributed to local rice farmers to plant was processed by these extension officers and sold in the markets!

Thats why we are still light years away

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Advice On How To Run An Ugwu Farm. / How To Cultivate Yams In Cement Bags And Sacks Successfully / An Opportunity To Sell Your Products @ Shoprite Outlets Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.