Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

The Word For Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Word For Today (374 Views)

Bet9ja Booking Number For Today / The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, September 11, 2017 / The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, August 1, 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:43am On Dec 05, 2016
The Word for Today, Monday, 5th December, 2016.

THE VIRTUE OF HUMILITY 2

'Humility brings honour.' Proverbs 29:23 NLT

The story's told of a young pastor who was widely known to be a gifted preacher. But as his congregation swelled - so did his head! One Sunday after he'd delivered his latest masterpiece, a church member shook his hand and said, 'You are, without a doubt, one of the greatest preachers of our generation.' It was all the young minister could do to squeeze his head into the car as he slid behind the steering wheel. And as he and his wife drove home he told her what his parishioner had said. She didn't respond, so after fishing for affirmation he said, 'I wonder just how many 'great preachers' there are in this generation?' She replied, 'One fewer than you think, dear!' 

Try to imagine Jesus kneeling with a towel and a basin to wash the dirt from your feet. In those days of unpaved streets, it was a common courtesy. When you visited someone's home they'd wash your feet as a way of saying, 'I welcome and honour you.' When Jesus' disciples protested, he said to them, 'I have given you an example to follow: do as I have done to you...That is the path of blessing' (John 13:15-17 TLB). Someone once asked Leonard Bernstein, the brilliant New York Philharmonic conductor, what the most difficult position in the orchestra was. He replied, 'Second fiddle.' 

Everybody wants to sit in the first chair. But in God's Kingdom we're called to consider others first and ourselves second. When we do, God promises to honour us.

Soulfood: Gen 32-34, John 14:26-15:4, Ps 147:1-11, Ecc 3:5-8

Credit: Grace So Amazing Foundation

(1) (Reply)

Bringing World Class Healthcare To Nigeria: Very Interested In Your Thoughts! / Pimaxchange.com - Who Has Done Any Dealings With Them? / Fiverr Payment: Urgent Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.