Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 (1404 Views)

Nigerian Used Nissan Murano 2006 650k (sold) / 2001 honda oddeysey firstbody 950k / Nissan Murano 2006 Nothing To Fix U Are Getting It From Direct User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 by velociraptor: 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
i need to know if its kk to go for murano 2006. its within ma budget. but want to no if
its very reliable. thnks
Re: Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 by Baawaa(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
My candid advise is don't buy it,simple

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 by Nutase: 7:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
Run away from cheap classy cars my dear. The cheaper a classy car is the more problem it will give you.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 by joceey(m): 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
Guy if you no wan get high BP at this age if you hear mu before dem say rano make u pick race for that name talk less of the car

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
Run for your life! But if u want to learn how to become a mechanic then proceed with the transaction. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 by defolman(m): 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
Have you asked yourself why the owner wants to dispose of the. Vehicle
Re: Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 by stpat1(m): 10:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
hahahahahah chai. I just Love NL.
Op do you need to hear more?
Re: Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 by SpaceAngel: 10:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
the main problem with murano if not handled well is with the Gear box.
Re: Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 by VeeBabs(m): 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
CHECK the transmission (gear box) very well, especially the fluid (first clue). The transmission fluid for the Murano gearbox is very, very specific because it is a CVT. Any attempt to use anything else (e.g. ATF) is sure to kill the gearbox. And it is very expensive to find and replace. Costs up to N400,000 or more.

A cheap Murano is a definitely a Murano with a failing or failed CVT transmission. That's the MAIN problem with the Murano.
Re: Pls I Need Info Regardin Reliability On Nissan Murano 2006 by oblo(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2016
@ Op I have used a 2004 nissan murano for over 3 years and it would surprise you and other commenters here that I am still on its original engine and gearbox. Its well over 290k MILES which if converted to kilometres that makes it well.into 300k plus kilometres on the odometer.

Now to the vehicle.itself apart from its acceleration style which is more like when you drive a clutchless motocycle the car is quite rugged honestly. Fuel economy is good and ac works well. Apart from pulley belt changes I have only topped up gas once and nothing else to the ac system. Servicing is done regularly with recommended engine oil and of cuz gear oil change is done with only certified Nissan CVT fluid(NS2). Thats the reason my muranon is still going strong.

The bad vibes that still l linger around the murano till now was due to ignorance then when the Murano started flooding the nigerian market and of cuz everyone except a few did not know that the gearbox used a different special transmission fluid hence kazeems go just pour non spec gear oil (ATF) I have seen someone pour ABRO ATF in his murano gear system. and kaput went the gear.

That was when the stories started and Murano now became bad market. The high cost for a replacement gear was not even helping matters at all. Ask anyone they all say the same thing. Gearbox issues and not engine issues. Most times the gear was gone even before the engine clocked 5000 klm In naija after gear oil change.

So.my OP if you ask me...Murano is a good ride. Lovin its shape and if like you said its within your budget go for it(i hope say na tokunbo sha) if naija used please go with a certified mechanic who knows the workings of a CVT transmission to verify that the gear Is without issues. Before you purchase I would advise you test run the car till the transmission and engine has gotten to normal working temperature to be very sure as sometimes transmission issues are hidden when cold.

After due diligence pay for your Murano and thank me later.

(1) (Reply)

###########cleanest 2008 Toyota Camry, Buy And Drive..price 2.480m / Mint Tok Toyota Camry 2011 - Maitama / Just In! Awoof Toks Car For 750k Non Negotiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.