Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. (70923 Views)

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why / Mysteries About Snakes / 20 Myths About Snakes That Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 3:13am On Dec 06, 2016
Haute:
Raine80 ...have you noticed how it seems like everything is trying to kill you in Australia? From tarantulas to deadly snakes, emus' and kangaroos that can disembowel you, stingrays, crocodiles, sharks, cassowarys, magpies, scorching heat...lol...it's crazy out there. I say we visit. You up for it? cheesy

Including flies, insects.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 3:28am On Dec 06, 2016
53. Because snakes shed their skin, they are often symbols of rebirth, transformation, and healing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 06, 2016
Explorer, e don do. Go sleep abi Iyawo no go complain?

Explorer kenan. BABA OF ALL THREADS

TWAILE SIR

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 3:31am On Dec 06, 2016
54. Two-headed snakes are similar to conjoined twins, an embryo begins to split to create identical twins, but the process does not finish.

Such snakes rarely survive in the wild because the two heads have duplicate senses, they fight over food, and one headmay try to eat the other head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 3:44am On Dec 06, 2016
55. In 2009, a farm worker in Kenya survived an epic 3-hour battle with a 12-foot python after accidentally stepping on the large snake.

It coiled around the man and carried him into a tree. The man wrapped his shirt over the snake’s mouth to prevent it from swallowing him, and he was finally rescued by police after calling for help on his cell phone.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 3:46am On Dec 06, 2016
56. The shortest known snake is the thread snake. It is about 4 inches long and lives on the island of Barbados in the Caribbean.

It is said to be as “thin as spaghetti” and it feeds primarily on termites and larvae.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by lionlee216(m): 3:54am On Dec 06, 2016
Explorers:
55. In 2009, a farm worker in Kenya survived an epic 3-hour battle with a 12-foot python after accidentally stepping on the large snake.

It coiled around the man and carried him into a tree. The man wrapped his shirt over the snake’s mouth to prevent it from swallowing him, and he was finally rescued by police after calling for help on his cell phone.

Wow! Thank God for the man o. He really fought for his life

21 Likes

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 3:59am On Dec 06, 2016
57. The African spitting cobra can spit venom over 8 feet away.

It can spit from any position, including lying on the ground or raised up. It prefers to aim for its victim’s eye.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 4:01am On Dec 06, 2016
lionlee216:

Wow! Thank God for the man o. He really fought for his life

Abi o, but imagine this in a country where you can't call the police

16 Likes

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 06, 2016
Explorers:

Including flies, insects.
I recall watching a documentary that explained why this was the case something to do with its geographical location , i.e. it's biodiversity evolved with very little outside interference

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 06, 2016
That was why I congratulated those students especially the lady posing with that black mamba , the other thread. You were 95% close to the grave it was God that saved you. It is not every dead animals you can play with. Immediately I saw the pics, I said these people is writing letter to death. Kudos explorers

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 7:12am On Dec 06, 2016
priceaction:
That was why I congratulated those students especially the lady posing with that black mamba , the other thread. You were 95% close to the grave it was God that saves you. It is not every dead animals you can play with. Immediately I saw the pics, I said these people is writing letter to death. Kudos explorers

The babe sef get mind.

3 Likes

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Rockyrascal(m): 7:29am On Dec 06, 2016
Peacetemi:
Nairaland should create a section for Explorers
that's gonna be a wonderful idea.

2 Likes

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by freezyprinzy(m): 7:36am On Dec 06, 2016
more plz
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Rockyrascal(m): 7:37am On Dec 06, 2016
Is Anaconda still in existence?
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Jephz(m): 7:40am On Dec 06, 2016
one day I'll av a sake as a pet.... i love snake..... but they do kill
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 8:27am On Dec 06, 2016
Rockyrascal:
Is Anaconda still in existence?

Sure, only in South America.

7 Likes

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by shumuel(m): 8:44am On Dec 06, 2016
Explorers:

Yes, but this injects more quantity.

Oh, Okay grin
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 8:52am On Dec 06, 2016
Explorers:
38. Snakes lie on rocks and roads because stone absorbs heat from sun, which warms them.

Snakes cannot function properly if the temperature reaches below 50 degree F.
I believe that's y they can't b found in cold environment like antarctica, iceland and other cold environment
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 8:58am On Dec 06, 2016
UnlimitedIfex:

I believe that's y they can't b found in cold environment like antarctica, iceland and other cold environment

Yea, they cant survive on ice.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 06, 2016
U are opiophobic lol
ken19:
i hate snakes
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 9:13am On Dec 06, 2016
Explorers:

Abi o, but imagine this in a country where you can't call the police
Like my country

2 Likes

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by deolu2000(m): 9:56am On Dec 06, 2016
Lala will be licking his lips at all these stories like say mk all these snakes enter his pot of soup.

6 Likes

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by deolu2000(m): 9:58am On Dec 06, 2016
Jephz:
one day I'll av a sake as a pet.... i love snake..... but they do kill
is that a question? I dnt think they kill they just send dumb ppl to great beyond.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Fidelismaria: 10:21am On Dec 06, 2016
hmmmmmmmmm

olorum konije ki lo si taiwan ooooo

bastards drinking nd eatin snake heart

any health benefits @ explorer
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 10:24am On Dec 06, 2016
Fidelismaria:
hmmmmmmmmm

olorum konije ki lo si taiwan ooooo

bastards drinking nd eatin snake heart

any health benefits @ explorer

Lol....I dont know o, just read somewhere on the source that it improves sexual performance & reduces chance hypertension.

4 Likes

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 10:25am On Dec 06, 2016
deolu2000:

is that a question? I dnt think they kill they just send dumb ppl to great beyond.

Lol.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Rockyrascal(m): 10:38am On Dec 06, 2016
raumdeuter:
WHats the use of snake sef
snake skin can be used for clothing designs
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Davidhero(m): 10:49am On Dec 06, 2016
Explorers:
35. In Vietnam, it is possible to order a cobra blood wine from restaurant menu.

The waiter will take a live cobra, kill it on the spot, drain the blood into a shot glass of rice wine, and top it off with the cobra’s still beating heart for you to gulp down.

are there any health benefit concerning that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rain Falls In Form Of Ice In Enugu Today(photos) / Talented Boy Manufactures ATM That Dispenses Cash In Imo State (Video) / Free Internet Browsing Using Your-freedom Client

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.