Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. (71022 Views)

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why / Mysteries About Snakes / 20 Myths About Snakes That Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Gemc3(f): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
Explorers:
35. In Vietnam, it is possible to order a cobra blood wine from restaurant menu.

The waiter will take a live cobra, kill it on the spot, drain the blood into a shot glass of rice wine, and top it off with the cobra’s still beating heart for you to gulp down.

Ewwwww!!! shocked
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Phi001(m): 5:03pm On Dec 07, 2016
Abeg is there anyway we humans can be immune to snake bite... Because I dread snakes and their bites!

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Ofemmanu1: 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
those police no serious at al, the snake later escaped, why was it kept in the first place sef?
That why i trust Nigerans..

Dem go skin the fcking snake in no time.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by modsRbastard: 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
Explorers:
36. The most deadly snakes found in Australia include Brown Snakes, Copperheads, Death Adders, Red-Bellied Black Snakes, Taipan Snakes and Tiger Snakes.

37. The King Cobra is the largest of all venomous snakes, and actually eats other snakes.

Human victims may stop breathing just 30 minutes after being bitten by a cobra.

The world’s longest venomous snake is the king cobra from Asia. It can grow up to 18 feet, rear almost as high as a person, growl loudly, and inject enough venom to kill an elephant.

The king cobra is thought to be one of the most intelligent of all snakes. Additionally, unlike most snakes, who do not care for their young, king cobras are careful parents who defend and protect their eggs from enemies.

in addition... The king Cobra can grow up to 24ft (there's a record for that), it's the only snake specie that makes a nest (two layer type) for its eggs and both parents take turn to guard it.

Because the king Cobra is notorious for its taste for snake meal, it instinctively leaves the nest prior to when it's eggs will hatch, what better way to avoid eaten your own offspring.

The male king Cobras are significantly larger than its female counterpart...speaks volume of the name "King Cobra" right!

The king Cobras major meal are snakes and favorites are young python and rat snakes. However...king Cobras hardly engage in a duel with another king.

They are impervious to all snake venom except their own.

The King Cobra is the most intelligent of the snake specie.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by BALLOSKI: 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2016

Snakes are found all throughout the earth except Antarctica, Iceland, Ireland, Greenland and New Zealand because they can't survive on the frozen grounds.
I hate snake. I wish I was from any of these.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Gudiza(m): 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
alright...cool facts.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 5:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
Gemc3:

Ewwwww!!! shocked

Do u care 4 a shot cheesy
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Heavance(m): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
Of all the reptiles created by God, I hate snakes the most.
I may have to get a mongoose as a pet someday, as they love to eat snakes so much
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by modsRbastard: 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ezionye:

42. Snakes kill nearly 100,000 people every year.

And mosquito kills 10x more...

http://factsd.com/snake-facts/

Sure? That figure is damn too high
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nickymezor(f): 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2016
Wat a scary thread angry... Mehn! I don read enough. Thanks for the info OP
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nuezha(m): 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ezionye:

42. Snakes kill nearly 100,000 people every year.

http://factsd.com/snake-facts/

Sure? That figure is damn too high

Snakes have the strongest digestive chemicals. If a fully dressed human is swallowed whole, all that he's wearing; metals, beads, rubbers, bones, teeth clothing, shoes and even hairs will be fully digested and passed out as semi solid waste.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by modsRbastard: 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
Oreoo:

The world’s longest venomous snake is the king cobra from Asia. It can grow up to 18 feet, rear almost as high as a person, growl loudly, and inject enough venom to kill an elephant.
--dis is a damn lie!!..ntin y'all r gonna say dat il make me blive dis..an elephant?

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Flashh: 6:31pm On Dec 07, 2016
sod09:
rattle snake is one d most dangerous ND aggressive .
pigs are also immune to snake bite
Not even close,aggressive and dangerous like Black mamba.

Black Mamba strikes at least twice. Sometimes, it keeps striking and strike dead preys at times.

Its venom is the second most dangerous in all snakes. Rattle snake never make top 7.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by sod09(m): 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
Flashh:
Not even close,aggressive and dangerous like Black mamba.

Black Mamba strikes at least twice. Sometimes, it keeps striking and strike dead preys at times.

Its venom is the second most dangerous in all snakes. Rattle snake never make top 7.
lol
u think so??
or u sure
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Flashh: 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
Heavance:
Of all the reptiles created by God, I hate snakes the most.
I may have to get a mongoose as a pet someday, as they love to eat snakes so much
The most hated animal(snake).

Yeah, Mongoose are the slayer of all kinds on snakes on land; especially the "Indian Grey Mongoose".

2 Likes

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Flashh: 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
sod09:
lol u think so?? or u sure
I'm sure of what I am saying. Lol
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by sod09(m): 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
Flashh:
I'm sure of what I am saying. Lol
ok...google rattle snake
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Flashh: 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
sod09:
ok...google rattle snake
To do what?
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by modsRbastard: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2016
Oreoo:
op dah one u said about cobra snake killing elephants is not true..not true pls ..elephants do nt havr snake antivenom lik swines and moongoose but a single cobra bite would do harm to it..its just lik u sewing pin piercing you on ur skin to them elephants ..may b lik 15+ cobras stand a chance wit continuous bites to kill a full grown elephants ..U have tries op but dont mislead us wrongly ..i drop my pen

Tell me you know better than national geographic

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Segadem(m): 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2016
I can't believe that i read all these story from beginning to the end, I mean from page 0,1,2,3,4,5&6
it is only sport thread i read like that

Kudos to the Op, Xplorer of naija

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by FakoMaybach1: 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
modsRbastard:

Bros he meant he does not believe the snake's venom can kill an elephant...so pictures of the snake killing an elephant or we dont believe it
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by sod09(m): 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Flashh:
To do what?
to compare
wen I say aggressive
rattle snake gives warning ND strike almost immediately
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by modsRbastard: 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2016
Gudiza:

....I know you didn't write it yourself OP but, this is just one I find erroneous...

Snakes are cold blooded, they don't do well in temperate region. Reason you see them crawl up to house is for warmth or the abundant rodent, the infrared sensor on them helps them detect heat signature.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
DrMeroThaEmperor:
Lalasticlala's pets dem
cheesy
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by modsRbastard: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2016
sod09:
lol
u think so??
or u sure

That's a fact, rattle snake forewarnes you before getting to where it's curled up by rattling it's tail. A black mamba doesn't...it strikes ferociously. The only warning it gives is showing its inky black mouth but that's not alertive as the rattle snake.

Do you know you can tell how old a rattle snake is by the number of rattles on its tale.

A Viper also rattles but with its skin.
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by modsRbastard: 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
FakoMaybach1:

Bros he meant he does not believe the snake's venom can kill an elephant...so pictures of the snake killing an elephant or we dont believe it

grin grin go join national geographic na
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Gemc3(f): 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2016
Explorers:

Do u care 4 a shot cheesy

Noooo!
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Explorers(m): 7:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
Gemc3:

Noooo!

Lol..

2 Likes

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Flashh: 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
sod09:
to compare
wen I say aggressive
rattle snake gives warning ND strike almost immediately
Comparing Rattle Snake to Black Mamba. Not necessary I argue with you any further.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Gudiza(m): 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
grin
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by Abeycity93: 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2016
What about Black Mamba snake: the fastest snake
Re: Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. by masqot(m): 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
I don't like snake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Free Internet Browsing Using Your-freedom Client / Talented Boy Manufactures ATM That Dispenses Cash In Imo State (Video) / Rain Falls In Form Of Ice In Enugu Today(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.