Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

"Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole (45712 Views)

How Imported Milk Is Killing Nigerians, Africans - Aroms Aigbehi / Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More / Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by yedidiah(m): 11:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
they should have said beer and weed, or shawarma sef. Not suya or kilishi. Isi-ewu and ngwongwo are"touch not".

Besides, things wey dey kill plenty; failure of government to deliver good governance from 1960 to date has killed more than what all the diseases and unhealthy lifestyle put together, can ever kill.(but I am not encouraging unhealthy lifestyle o)

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by snapshot: 11:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
ParagaLife:
With d exception of few guys who saw reason in d ministers speech. Its laughable dat many of u guys r just showcasing ur ignorance on dis crucial topic... Hypertension, Stroke, diabetes, kidney failures e.t.c

A visit to d general hospitals will convince u. Many patients die daily as a result of all these.
Laughing and condemnin d minister won't save u wen d time comes... Kontinue eating.
Ignorance is d worst disease!!!!
ok,we hear.Now tell us the effect of this recession on the health of Nigerians.brother recession is the number one killer in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
Thunder wei go fire Buhari and his cohorts is still Doin press up
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Common, You guys know that what the Minister is saying is the truth. I know the President has messed up big time, but this issue of meat with alcohol is true. In take of Alcohol with red meat whether seasoned and barbecued or roasted with heavenly maggi.

We all know it is true.

READ THIS FROM LIVESTRONG.com

Red Meat and Blood Pressure

A study published in the "British Medical Journal" in 2008 found that red meat had an unfavorable effect on blood pressure, although the effect was very small. It isn't just red meat that may raise your blood pressure -- eating meat of any type is associated with an increased incidence of high blood pressure, according to a study published in "The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" in December 2005. If you have an increased risk for high blood pressure, you may want to follow a vegetarian diet, as this type of diet is associated with lower blood pressure, notes an article published in "JAMA Internal Medicine" in April 2014.

Let's not talk of alcohol, we all know that shit is aka liver and kidney destroyer.

I guess if life was fair, Alcohol would have been category A drug and not weed.

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by sanpipita(m): 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
This man should hush if he has nothing better to say, the wicked policies of this govt is the thing killing Nigerians rather.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by jamislaw(m): 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lucasinho:

www.nigeriatoday.ng/2016/12/consumption-of-suya-isi-ewu-kilisi-is-killing-nigerians-health‎-minister/

you can't stop us, bring on another propaganda this one can never work.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by excel101(m): 11:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
Its either this guy be SU or e no dey groove i beg you need sleep.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Greatcarly1: 11:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
make una come chop my head again make i see

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by skyfada: 11:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by kingPhidel(m): 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
This man get human feelings oo..
Hin no dey even fair God, chai....
Wetin God don give us,
Usai......
Forget that matter i dey run ma suya jare...
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by AlphaCentauri: 12:00am On Dec 06, 2016
martineverest:
dont u know how cancerous heating meat with charcoal is?
so you dont eat suya ?
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Laredojohn(m): 12:10am On Dec 06, 2016
Madam that likes suya a lot hope u see this....it's not cool, it might be a fast food, but fast foods leads to fast ailments....i shared the post because of u
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by madjune(m): 1:00am On Dec 06, 2016
It's so true.

Any heavily spiced stuff isn't good for an adult and mostly leads to bp if sustained.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by 4tune490(m): 1:17am On Dec 06, 2016
Ah they are at it again. Anoda agenda. Lord see us through
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by nwakibie3(m): 1:22am On Dec 06, 2016
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by DedeNkem: 1:31am On Dec 06, 2016
The guy is 100% right.

I've said it many times that the rate Nigerians eat junk foods and drink alcohol is overwhelming.

The most hilarious and ignorant thing is that when someone suddenly drops dead, Nigerians are always quick to blame juju. That's exactly what illiteracy causes.

You'll see one guy eat two pots of Nkwobi (has too much saturated oil and salt), add Suya (has too much salt and unhealthy seasonings) on top it and then wash them down with three big stouts. And he'll ignorantly call himself a "big boy".

The other time, I went to a burial and was so shocked to see a woman finish two big bowls of rice, a full chicken on one sitting, and then wash them down with three bottles of Star beer while standing! After two hours, she requested for a second round of food (this time garri and soup)!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Maski87: 2:00am On Dec 06, 2016
Suya and isiewu that we have been eating for the last 100 years,ok how am I suppose to entertain my girlfriend before I take her to the other room.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Qualer: 2:32am On Dec 06, 2016
1bkaye:
Something must kill a man

i trust you for that one... you must kill me today! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Qualer: 2:39am On Dec 06, 2016
DedeNkem:
The guy is 100% right.

I've said it many times that the rate Nigerians eat junk foods and drink alcohol is overwhelming.

The most hilarious and ignorant thing is that when someone suddenly drops dead, Nigerians are always quick to blame juju. That's exactly what illiteracy causes.

You'll see one guy eat two pots of Nkwobi (has too much saturated oil and salt), add Suya (has too much salt and unhealthy seasonings) on top it and then wash them down with three big stouts. And he'll ignorantly call himself a "big boy".

The other time, I went to a burial and was so shocked to see a woman finish two big bowls of rice, a full chicken on one sitting, and then wash them down with three bottles of Star beer while standing! After two hours, she requested for a second round of food (this time garri and soup)!

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by WizBLANCE(m): 2:39am On Dec 06, 2016
E be like suya people no gree settle him... It is juts for a moment na them go talk say shooop suya it is good for your health.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by DedeNkem: 2:53am On Dec 06, 2016
Qualer:

If you got nothing to say, get off the internet! Go breastfeed or something.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Qualer: 2:59am On Dec 06, 2016
DedeNkem:

If you got nothing to say, get off the internet! Go breastfeed or something.

...and you think that crap you have up there is 'something'? Please do us a favour and shut down your ignorant brain!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by DedeNkem: 3:14am On Dec 06, 2016
Qualer:

...and you think that crap you have up there is 'something'? Please do us a favour and shut down your ignorant brain!

Go to bed as*shole!
Nobody is stopping you from eating yourself to death!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by seguno2: 4:01am On Dec 06, 2016
joe4real12:
They want to stop our enjoyment.

Am beginning to suspect these people.

You obviously have not heard that phrase- Consume with moderation!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by ManMountain(m): 4:34am On Dec 06, 2016
Ever since Buhari took over, more Nigerians have developed Hbp and stroke than those food items listed by the minister.
I regret campaigning and voting for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Qualer: 5:00am On Dec 06, 2016
DedeNkem:

Go to bed as*shole!
Nobody is stopping you from eating yourself to death!

sad is that all you can muster??

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Qualer: 5:01am On Dec 06, 2016
ManMountain:
Ever since Buhari took over, more Nigerians have developed Hbp and stroke than those food items listed by the minister.
I regret campaigning and voting for Buhari.

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Qualer: 5:08am On Dec 06, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
get out!! wich kind cancer, my ground father eat suya til age 104.

ground father ke? shocked

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by mapet: 5:09am On Dec 06, 2016
Richy4:

SUYA is red meat and Some red meats are high in saturated fat, which raises blood cholesterol. High levels of LDL cholesterol increase the risk of heart disease..

Bros,

Pls save your breadth.....you're trying to preach to pathetically ignorant people
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Qualer: 5:12am On Dec 06, 2016
DJMCOTTY:
Something I dont seldomly eat , ow will it kill me?

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Qualer: 5:16am On Dec 06, 2016
AkinPhysicist:
cool The concept of excessive intake of sodium (Na) is misunderstood by many in the medical community. Studies has shown that what is pertinent is actually the ratio of sodium to potassium (K) consumed. This two elements compliment each other. The problem in Nigeria is that people consume sodium without the complimentary consumption of potassium. A ratio of 4:1 (sodium : potassium) is still within the healthy range. cool

...and isi-ewu and nkwobi contain enough potassium by virtue of the basic ingredients therein! grin grin grin them no know!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by phemmie06(m): 5:41am On Dec 06, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, looking for ways to stop spending cos of recession

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abuja Hospital In Search Of Relatives Of An Unconscious Accident Patient (Photo) / My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) / Austrian Man Bitten By Albino Snake "In Genital Area" As He Sat On Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.