Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 (29104 Views)

Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes / Again Naira Falls, Sells At N465 Per Dollar / Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by AroOkigbo(m): 8:45am On Dec 07, 2016
LoveMachine:

There are only 2 ways to protect assets. Either by force or dialogue/peace.

I'm not for the approach of cracking skulls. I'd prefer if no more black blood was spilled.

He just dialogued a few weeks ago . ..We all know he hasn't marginalized any region

I leave you to your opinion. ..FORCE will NEVER work. ..not with the complex network of unprotected pipelines.

You may say so for posterity but it's written all over your conscious that you'll prefer a forceful approach to end vandalism. Why are crocodiles not smiling in the north where there's "war" against insurgency. ..but rather in the SS and SE. smh!

No region has been marginalised? Pure lie. ..you may take a second look at all political appointments made so far. ..and edit that thought. Again, yes, he attempted a dialogue but chose the wrong people. So he really knows what to do instead of playing to the gallery.
Now remind me, what's the current status of the ogoni cleanup dat was launched months ago?
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by kelvyn7: 9:12am On Dec 07, 2016
BrutalJab:
[b] *Had it been Buhari did not become President*:

*1. We will think that by now fuel will be #45 per litre*.

*2. We will think that by now #1 will be equal to $1*.

*3. We will think that by now three million jobs would have been created*.

*4. We will think that by now unemployed youths would have been receiving #5,000.00 stipends*.

*5. We will think that by now pupils would have been getting at least a meal(including fruits) in school*.

*6. We will think that by now Buhari would have made his assets and liabilities public*.

*7. We will think that by now maternal and children healthcare services would be free*.

*8. We will think that by now Boko Haram will be a thing of the past*.

*9. We will think that by now all corrupt leaders will be in jail*.

*10. We will think that by now Electricity will be 24/7*

*11. We think that by now Nigeria will be the Greatest and strongest Economy in the world*.

*12. We will think by now a bag of rice will be N5000 with a boom in Agriculture*.

*13. We will think by now Nigeria would have recovered all looted funds*. [/b]

HMMMMMMNNN... VERY TRUE
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by AreaFada2: 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2016
LoveMachine:

Everytime PMB tries to dialogue they say he has slighted them and they resume bombing.
If he brings one team the bombers say the team is not recognized. If he brings another then it's another story. When has a president ever been openly threatened to not enter a territory to avoid being assassinated? If he tries to be diplomatic he is played as if he is weak. If he tries force he is played like he is a tyrant.

As far as BH business PMB did wrong in his statements. I don't support any of his actions other than sending those bastards to Allah with bombs and bullets. But GEJ handled that wrong in every way. He didn't respond to the Chibok Girls for days. Mama Peace was twerking on that man while territory was being snatched.

Both administrations have their short comings. I'm not happy with any of these people. They are all failing at present but I will be honest and say that the Naira's fall has been aided by the pipeline destruction.

First of all, I do not in anyway support bombing.

If they claim to be slighted, could it have anything to do with their/FG approach, a slave-master attitude may be?
Is it not on record how the two previous FGs did it? Can't FG seek advice from those involved in previous deals?

We can find excuses for anything, on both sides if we want though.
Whatever mistakes GEJ made, he has been lambasted enough for it. He even lost the presidency and another person/Buhari was entrusted with it.
Isn't it finally time for Buhari to begin delivering what he promised & realise that he wasn't elected to blame the past? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by blackprowler: 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
LoveMachine:

Critical reading skills are important. I'm saying that his government is honorable. Talk to all the contractors that have been paid. Contracts that have been outstanding for over a decade are being paid off. It's not only my employer but many. That's why I mentioned Ubah. He's been critical of PMB but he even said he found it odd/ironic/funny that PMB was the one who cleared his outstanding balance and not GEJ.

Poster after poster says the same thing. All we need in the SE is power and roads and we will do the rest. PMB is doing that and more but at every turn people are upset. GEJ told us everything we wanted to hear and for 6 years gave us nothing. PMB has talked tough but is actually getting work done. Barring paucity of funds things would definitely be moving for us all.

As I said if someone gives me everything I need what problem would I have if he gives another group something extra for their support?

My write up was very easy to digest. You're looking for flaws where there are none. Stop trying to argue just the sake of arguing.

Enjoy your L.

You're a good man, a good Nigerian. Sadly there's not enough of us and hence we are swallowed up and have no effect. Nigerians are the problem with Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 08, 2016
LoveMachine:

If you know the answer please enlighten us. Inquiring minds wanna know.

Our economy started crashing the day bureau De change (black market dollar sellers) were preferred by the federal government to banks in the selling of dollars to Nigerians.

What do you think will be the price of fuel if nnpc start selling to black marketers as against fuel stations?
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by LoveMachine(m): 1:03am On Dec 09, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Our economy started crashing the day bureau De change (black market dollar sellers) were preferred by the federal government to banks in the selling of dollars to Nigerians.

What do you think will be the price of fuel if nnpc start selling to black marketers as against fuel stations?

I don't disagree with your assertions but that doesn't negate my stance of the NDA achieving their goal of ruining the economy.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by LoveMachine(m): 1:04am On Dec 09, 2016
blackprowler:

You're a good man, a good Nigerian. Sadly there's not enough of us and hence we are swallowed up and have no effect. Nigerians are the problem with Nigeria

Bless you. We'll all get right. It shall be well with all of us.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by LoveMachine(m): 1:10am On Dec 09, 2016
AreaFada2:

First of all, I do not in anyway support bombing.

If they claim to be slighted, could it have anything to do with their/FG approach, a slave-master attitude may be?
Is it not on record how the two previous FGs did it? Can't FG seek advice from those involved in previous deals?

We can find excuses for anything, on both sides if we want though.
Whatever mistakes GEJ made, he has been lambasted enough for it. He even lost the presidency and another person/Buhari was entrusted with it.
Isn't it finally time for Buhari to begin delivering what he promised & realise that he wasn't elected to blame the past? shocked shocked shocked

I'm not here saying that PMB has done a masterful job of negotiating. That's what Lai, Shehu and Femi do. Im just saying that he hasn't gone into the creeks guns ablazing. He has tried and failed at negotiating. I've been thoroughly let down by every Nigerian administration thus far. PMB has to step his game up. That's never been my argument. I'm just of the school of thought that barring the NDA's actions our economic situation could have been managed. But for now it's hopeless unless they decide to stop bombing.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by LoveMachine(m): 1:48am On Dec 09, 2016
AroOkigbo:

I leave you to your opinion. ..FORCE will NEVER work. ..not with the complex network of unprotected pipelines.

You may say so for posterity but it's written all over your conscious that you'll prefer a forceful approach to end vandalism. Why are crocodiles not smiling in the north where there's "war" against insurgency. ..but rather in the SS and SE. smh!

No region has been marginalised? Pure lie. ..you may take a second look at all political appointments made so far. ..and edit that thought. Again, yes, he attempted a dialogue but chose the wrong people. So he really knows what to do instead of playing to the gallery.
Now remind me, what's the current status of the ogoni cleanup dat was launched months ago?

You speak of me with such certainty but you obviously have no clue. How could the man who preaches black love = black power prefer a show of force to bring peace? The only time war leads to peace is genocide. I don't wish genocides upon my family in the creeks. I want whatever needs to be done to achieve long lasting solutions to occur.

I just don't want the economy to tank because that will lead to further suffering for us all. They have various operations all over the nation. There is the obvious war against BH in the NE but in the rest of the NW & NC there is an operation against cattle rustling and other forms of aggressive crime.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201605310203.html

Because PMB came to power with little SS & SE support everything he does is politicized.

Political appointments are definitely looking good for the SS & SE. Kachikwu, Amaechi, Onu, Ngige, Emefiele, Onyeama, Enelamah & Udoma literally have the prime portfolios. And if we want to include the SW with Ogbeh, Fashola, Adeosun & Fayemi he has all but given his economic structure to the south. This is why his Northern Elitist Support Base is upset. We split the 3 south into 3 and lump the North into 1. Naturally it's going to seem as though they are "winning" but when broken down the South has been given many prime positions.

The security officer position is where I would fault him. Personally, I don't care if he appoints chief officers from anywhere but federal character has to be respected. He has an Igbo man as his CSO but that's not enough for most people.

The dialogue situation is a catch 22. The ND only speaks with one voice when it comes to destruction. When it comes to peace they in-fight like no tomorrow. Stakeholders appointed Clarke but the militants don't want him. Stakeholders appointed Ameachi but militants don't want him. There is no "recognized" face nor leader of the re-newed militancy. So does he negotiate with shadows?

The Ogoni cleanup is being organized at the grassroots level to prevent embezzling of funds like all the other ND projects and there is a serious lack of funding due to oil prices plummeting and you guessed it oil pipeline attacks! The Eurobond is supposed to help facilitate the legal structures to kickstart the cleanup.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/11/25/federal-government-explains-reasons-delay-ogoni-clean/
http://guardian.ng/news/lack-of-funds-threatens-ogoni-clean-up/
http://thenationonlineng.net/fec-okays-transaction-parties-for-1-billion-eurobond/

I answered all your questions because I'm not a rude person but to honest this was an exercise in futility. All of the above doesn't in any way negate my initial statement of the NDA's attacks destroying the Naira. If you can somehow prove that the NDA's actions helped the economy then I would be wrong. But all you want to do is bash the gov't.

I've never said they were performing at a prime rate. All my initial post stated was that the same people who were happy when PMB's administration was being rabbit punched and donkey kicked by bombings should not come and complain at the drop in the value of our dear Naira.

When the elephants fight the grass suffers. My friend we are the grass.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
LoveMachine:

I don't disagree with your assertions but that doesn't negate my stance of the NDA achieving their goal of ruining the economy.

You don't need to agree, but let black market be taken out. You will see dollar crash and stabilize.

ND impact on dollar is very little because the major output of our oil doesn't go to Nigeria. Nigeria only get royalty on oil.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by LoveMachine(m): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

You don't need to agree, but let black market be taken out. You will see dollar crash and stabilize.

ND impact on dollar is very little because the major output of our oil doesn't go to Nigeria. Nigeria only get royalty on oil.

Oil gives us almost all of our forex. If we can't produce and sell oil how will we earn forex?

Furthermore are you saying BDC's should removed and everyone should have access to the interbank window?
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Emempaul(m): 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Youngest Billionaire Still Bikes To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.