Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,905 members, 7,952,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:16 PM

How Do I Stop Giving Up So Easily? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Giving Up So Easily? (1540 Views)

How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? / How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? / Truly , I'm Giving Up On Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop Giving Up So Easily? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
In the past year, I have noticed something about myself and it's being making me so worried. I have noticed I give up so easily. I wasn't always this way until i came to the university. In secondary school I was a very young enthusiastic boy who believed I will one day make an impact in the world of science. I had a dream of going to a world class university, i still do but my grades are so subpar. I am graduating with a 2 2 in marine engineering (a 2.8 on a 4.0) and it's making me so depressed. I wake up everyday feeling like shi.t. I just don't see the need to try anymore, my project supervisor tells me I can still make it to a top institution even with my grades. But I still can't get over it. And it's not just academics, I have given up on almost everything else in my life even girls, i never kissed a girl until i turned 20. Most of my friends had fun in the university and i didnt do anything worthwhile.I dont particularly have anything that's exciting to me. Am just 21 but I would really wanna do something about this. I need suggestions on how I can stop giving up so easily and continue feeling motivated.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Giving Up So Easily? by Divay22(f): 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
we can't do it for you,you just have to repeatedly tell yourself what you wanna become,you can't do anything about the past,so why not let it go and focus on the future(which is now),you've gat greatness ahead of you if only you can dust yourself and try, d'nt wait for others to motivate you,have an intrinsic motivation,for every goal you achieve,reward yourself......DON'T STOP BECAUSE YOU ARE TIRED,BUT STOP BECAUSE YOU ARE DONE......
you'll go far in life...

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Giving Up So Easily? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
Divay22:
we can't do it for you,you just have to repeatedly tell yourself what you wanna become,you can't do anything about the past,so why not let it go and focus on the future(which is now),you've gat greatness ahead of you if only you can dust yourself and try, d'nt wait for others to motivate you,have an intrinsic motivation,for every goal you achieve,reward yourself......DON'T STOP BECAUSE YOU ARE TIRED,BUT STOP BECAUSE YOU ARE DONE......
you'll go far in life...
Thank you is there any way or anything you can suggest to be motivated and optimistic everyday.
Re: How Do I Stop Giving Up So Easily? by Divay22(f): 11:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
tensazangetsu20:

Thank you is there any way or anything you can suggest to be motivated and optimistic everyday.
pray,yea put God first,be happy, speak positively to yourself, always remember if you fail 2day,you can try tomorrow and get it,stay away from people who have nothing good to say, either about you or others, and lastly always look forward to a better tomorrow........
I hope this help
Re: How Do I Stop Giving Up So Easily? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:13am On Dec 08, 2016
I'm not in any position to give you advice. But if you can afford a professional therapist / psychologist, try see one.
Re: How Do I Stop Giving Up So Easily? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
Join a gym.
Re: How Do I Stop Giving Up So Easily? by Elxandre(m): 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
I think you have this fierce desire to succeed, and it always makes you feel inadequate. smiley
Forget about the grades. there's nothing you can do about it, and I can tell you're smart, so why do you think your life is crumbling?
Because you kissed a girl at twenty? lmao.

You still never mentioned why you always feel like shiiiiit every morning.
Is it specifically because of the grades?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Giving Up So Easily? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
Elxandre:
I think you have this fierce desire to succeed, and it always makes you feel inadequate. smiley
Forget about the grades. there's nothing you can do about it, and I can tell you're smart, so why do you think your life is crumbling?
Because you kissed a girl at twenty? lmao.

You still never mentioned why you always feel like shiiiiit every morning.
Is it specifically because of the grades?
That and seeing how well all my peers are doing.
Re: How Do I Stop Giving Up So Easily? by MummyIMadeIt: 11:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
singing in dbang's voice "oya come and take banana till you go know"

Visit this link bro

https://www./time-come-respect-your-zone-rajan-arya

(1) (Reply)

My Mum Favours My Older Sister At Our Detriment, How Do I Deal With This? / Household Items For Sale / Share Your Experience Living With A Brother Who Was Single And Later Married..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.