Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. (961 Views)

Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) / Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her / A Chartered Accountant Attempted To Commit Suicide On 3rd Mainland Bridge(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by Fmartin(m): 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2016
Hmm.. Was i right to involve the police?

I only informed them bcoz he refuse to hand over d fake money to me. I wanted to get hold of d money nd destroy it.

Nw he is in d police custody for failing to co-operate wit me wen he had d chance.

Did i do any wrong?
Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by yomi007k(m): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
Bros u didnt do any wrong.....

If ds scammers have shown u pepper u will knw dt u suppose carry am go barracks.

U can bust him again for being an as.shole
Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by Fidelismaria: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
cry NAWA for u ooo ur oversabi too much u shud av let d guy go now y involve d police? dat may be his last card u shud av let him go nd let him try his luck sumwere else

4 Likes

Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by thesicilian: 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2016
Fmartin:

I only informed them bcoz he refuse to hand over d fake money to me. I wanted to get hold of d money nd destroy it.

Nw he is in d police custody for failing to co-operate wit me wen he had d chance.

Did i do any wrong?
Mr. Man, you did the right thing. You are a true patriot.
Its people like the poster above me that make me weep for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
Fmartin:

Did i do any wrong?

you did not sell him what he came there to buy anyway, so
why did he have to? you had no right to demand it from him.

1 Like

Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by dotman4real007(m): 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2016
you are on point. you did the right thing.
Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by Fmartin(m): 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2016
iliketheSunrise:

so i should hv let hm go wt d fake money nd decieve some inocent illitrates ?
Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
Fmartin:
so i should hv let hm go wt d fake money nd decieve some inocent illitrates ?
you only called the police b/c he didn't give it to you (b/c you wanted to confiscate it or whatever your intentions were), which to me doesn't make much sense. besides the fact that it's his (though it's a fake bill, it's still his, so it wasn't your place to demand it from him), collecting it wouldn't solve anything b/c he probably has other fake bills he could still use. you were going to let him go after collecting it anyway, so he could've still gone on to use his other fake bills elsewhere. as you can see, taking the fake bill away from him doesn't get to the root of the problem.

3 Likes

Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by bmxshop: 3:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
You did the right thing.
Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by Franky826: 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
Oga well done o.
If everyone behaves like you we'd rid this land of corruption and phony crimes. It's not snitching bro.
Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by andyanders: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
iliketheSunrise:

you only called the police b/c he didn't give it to you (b/c you wanted to confiscate it or whatever your intentions were), which to me doesn't make much sense. besides the fact that it's his (though it's a fake bill, it's still his, so it wasn't your place to demand it from him), collecting it wouldn't solve anything b/c he probably has other fake bills he could still use. you were going to let him go after collecting it anyway, so he could've still gone on to use his other fake bills elsewhere. as you can see, taking the fake bill away from him doesn't get to the root of the problem.

stop the rubbish herein. He has every right to collect it from him and his refusal prompted op to call in the police.

It all depend on on the attitude of the culprit when he asked him to hand over the fake money hence op decided to involve the police.

Your action shows that you too can do same. If maybe he had explained to op how he came about it, maybe op wouldn't have involved the police.By allowing him go with the fake money is wrong.
Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by Nobody: 4:32am On Dec 09, 2016
andyanders:

stop the rubbish herein. He has every right to collect it from him and his refusal prompted op to call in the police.

It all depend on on the attitude of the culprit when he asked him to hand over the fake money hence op decided to involve the police.

Your action shows that you too can do same. If maybe he had explained to op how he came about it, maybe op wouldn't have involved the police.By allowing him go with the fake money is wrong.
1) i repeat: he does not.
2) i repeat: taking the money from him doesn't solve a thing.
3) the logos of his argument is wrong, which throws off his entire argument.
4) op didn't ask for the man's story, so there's no way the man could've explained the motivation/s behind his action.
5) i'm a big fan of throwing people in jail but in a situation like this restorative justice would be more effective than retributive.
6) Nigeria is still backwards in 2016 b/c her people (like all y'all in this thread supporting op) refuse to learn and think outside the box.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 09, 2016
I support you wholeheartedly. His (op) actions (reporting to the police) may b right but his motive was wrong. A lot of factors are at play. The guy may be a victim too,
iliketheSunrise:

1) i repeat: he does not.
2) i repeat: taking the money from him doesn't solve a thing.
3) the logos of his argument is wrong, which throws off his entire argument.
4) op didn't ask for the man's story, so there's no way the man could've explained the motivation/s behind his action.
5) i'm a big fan of throwing people in jail but in a situation like this restorative justice would be more effective than retributive.
6) Nigeria is still backwards in 2016 b/c her people (like all y'all in this thread supporting op) refuse to learn and think outside the box.

1 Like

Re: A Man Attempted To Buy Something In My Shop With Fake N 1000. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
iliketheSunrise:

I love your dimples, you're beautiful.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: EFCC Agents Raid Home Of Former GMD Of NNPC, Find $9.2m & £72k / Why Do Nigerians Burn Thieves / Rapid Exchange Of Gunshots In IBB WAY, CALABAR: Nigerian Navy Vs Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.