Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) (24891 Views)

"Sanusi Persecuted Me As He Thought I Wanted His Job At CBN" – Cecilia Ibru / Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos / Goodie Minabo Ibru Wanted By EFCC (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by madjune(m): 2:33am On Dec 08, 2016
This is supposed to be a service of songs yet I see some smiling faces.

Maybe na dem name dey his will.
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by jared007: 4:00am On Dec 08, 2016
One of the richest man in nigeria before the civil war. The 3 richest men then was Dantata, Ojukwu and Ibru.
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 4:40am On Dec 08, 2016
We are but shadow and dust. Our life is just like vapour. It disappears away. All the several billions and properties he acquired in his life, not even a pin will follow him to his grave. This is a lesson to we mortals still breathing. After death comes judgement. BE PREPARED TO MEET YOUR GRAND CREATOR! !!
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by tolexy007(m): 5:03am On Dec 08, 2016
dayleke:

This is deep...

I tell u, very deep
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by Sirjohn84(m): 6:50am On Dec 08, 2016
Rip eki ro de(big market) he affected alot of lifes
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 08, 2016
seunfly:

That one of the tricks his wife used to launder oceanic bank money, the bank will buy/buid buildings in strategic places and convert it to Ibru's family asset and the bank will pay for rent.
AMCON seized many of those properties but many still escape d radar.

But after all we will all die and go to our grave empty, nothing is worth it in this world but etarnal life should be our concern if it's truly in existence.
You are really correct. Very very true
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by lozanni(m): 7:31am On Dec 08, 2016
priceaction:
The man try oo.e be like say na half of the building in Apapa he bought. Everywhere you go na him banner on many houses. Even many uncompleted ones especially on marine road ( now ibru way). By the way where is our own lovena, your baabe,mengin # melo magic@classic FM lagos.

Elvina, you mean. Obuks, Elvina and Gloria, sorry about your loss, may the good Lord comfort you all.

Rest in peace to the highly spirited and likable Olorogun. Amen.
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by victorydreams(f): 9:07am On Dec 08, 2016
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by cuteboy2: 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ayomanor150:
A Great Man of Urhobo Nation, U came, u saw, U conquered! Rest In Peace OLOROGUN1 Of Africa

RIP to the departed. But I don't share in all these effusive eulogies.
What exactly makes this man and his family great sons of Urhobo? Is it their fat bank accounts?

Is it their vast business empires that is located in Lagos? How has these businesses helped Urhobo land and Delta state in general?

How many jobs did they create in Delta State? How many schools or hospitals did they build in home town Agbara - Otor?

It is the same story with Jim Ovia of Zenith Bank and Tony Elumelu of UBA. Together, these people can use their clout and businesses acumen and worldwide connections to transform the economy of Delta State.

Who they epp?

Their whole life begins and ends in Lagos. When they die, the family will export their dead body to Delta State. So Delta status is basically a graveyard or burial ground. What an insult.

I think Deltans should insist that Lagos should keep their corpse since it is Lagos that benefited most from them.
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by ChidiKalu: 7:01pm On May 25, 2023
cuteboy2:

RIP to the departed. But I don't share in all these effusive eulogies.
What exactly makes this man and his family great sons of Urhobo? Is it their fat bank accounts?

Is it their vast business empires that is located in Lagos? How has these businesses helped Urhobo land and Delta state in general?

How many jobs did they create in Delta State? How many schools or hospitals did they build in home town Agbara - Otor?

It is the same story with Jim Ovia of Zenith Bank and Tony Elumelu of UBA. Together, these people can use their clout and businesses acumen and worldwide connections to transform the economy of Delta State.

Who they epp?

Their whole life begins and ends in Lagos. When they die, the family will export their dead body to Delta State. So Delta status is basically a graveyard or burial ground. What an insult.

I think Deltans should insist that Lagos should keep their corpse since it is Lagos that benefited most from them.
Just came across this after a few years hahaha. You are asking what the Patriarch of the Ibru dynasty did for delta and Urhobo? Lol

1. First things first, Olorogun literally put the Urhobos on the map and uplifted the tribe's prestige and image locally and internationally (this is a well acknowledged fact). Few distinguished sons of Urhobos like Mukoro Mowoe, David Dafinone, Gamaliel Onosode also helped in uplifting the image of the Urhobos, but none like Olorogun. He supported and promoted Urhobo cultural institutions. He loved and embraced Urhobo culture, baba was even the one that popularized the use of "Olorogun" in place of Chief. He's a cultural icon.

2. The Urhobos benefited greatly from the Ibru organization in the 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s. He employed and empowered so many. He was a known philanthropist and great employer of labor.

3. He sited a few companies in Agbara otor (eg. Superbru). He donated a college to Agbara otor (Ibru college), a medical center (the Ibru center clinic), His brother, Alex Ibru, donated a world class ecumenical center to the Anglican faith in Agbara (Ibru ecumenical center). There's also Ibru university in Agbara otor. These are the ones I can remember for now.

The Ibru family is a dynasty. They contributed greatly to the development of the Urhobos and Nigeria.

And quite frankly, it will be very difficult for the Urhobos (or even delta state) to produce anyone in the mould of Olorogun Michael Ibru. He was a pioneer. A true African patriarch who built a proud dynasty.

RIP Eki Ode of the whole universe!!

1 Like

Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by ChidiKalu: 7:26pm On May 25, 2023
jared007:
One of the richest man in nigeria before the civil war. The 3 richest men then was Dantata, Ojukwu and Ibru.
Yes. You are absolutely correct. Man was already super wealthy in the 60s.

Olorogun Michael Ibru. Sir Louis Ojukwu. Alhaji Alhassan Dantata. Sir Timothy Odutola. These were all legacy bussiness men.

1 Like

Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by cuteboy2: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2023
Is it culture and image that Delta people will use to feed their families. How many jobs does image create? Does it pay PAYE tax to Delta State.

Abeg make we rest the matter for Ibru case

How about Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia and Nduka Obaigbena? Their own contribution is also image lifting, abi?

ChidiKalu:
Just came across this after a few years hahaha. You are asking what the Patriarch of the Ibru dynasty did for delta and Urhobo? Lol

1. First things first, Olorogun literally put the Urhobos on the map and uplifted the tribe's prestige and image locally and internationally (this is a well acknowledged fact). Few distinguished sons of Urhobos like Mukoro Mowoe, David Dafinone, Gamaliel Onosode also helped in uplifting the image of the Urhobos, but none like Olorogun. He supported and promoted Urhobo cultural institutions. He loved and embraced Urhobo culture, baba was even the one that popularized the use of "Olorogun" in place of Chief. He's a cultural icon.

2. The Urhobos benefited greatly from the Ibru organization in the 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s. He employed and empowered so many. He was a known philanthropist and great employer of labor.

3. He sited a few companies in Agbara otor (eg. Superbru). He donated a college to Agbara otor (Ibru college), a medical center (the Ibru center clinic), His brother, Alex Ibru, donated a world class ecumenical center to the Anglican faith in Agbara (Ibru ecumenical center). There's also Ibru university in Agbara otor. These are the ones I can remember for now.

The Ibru family is a dynasty. They contributed greatly to the development of the Urhobos and Nigeria.

And quite frankly, it will be very difficult for the Urhobos (or even delta state) to produce anyone in the mould of Olorogun Michael Ibru. He was a pioneer. A true African patriarch who built a proud dynasty.

RIP Eki Ode of the whole universe!!
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by IkeIgboNiile(m): 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ceicila ibru, my lady crush that year. Broken my heart when the oceanic brouhaha happened
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by ChidiKalu: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2023
cuteboy2:
Is it culture and image that Delta people will use to feed their families. How many jobs does image create? Does it pay PAYE tax to Delta State.

Abeg make we rest the matter for Ibru case

How about Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia and Nduka Obaigbena? Their own contribution is also image lifting, abi?

The Ibru Organization still employs thousands of people. A few deltans who worked with the Ibru Organization in the 60s/70s subsequently branched out and became billionaires in their own right (eg. Chief Nuel Ojei), others became millionaires. Olorogun lifted atleast two generations of deltans (especially the Urhobos) out of poverty into the middle class strata.

I think you are very ignorant on this topic, and I am guessing you are under 30 — so I wouldn't expect you to know much about the Ibru Dynasty, although under-30 folks who are good students of history would know a thing or two about Olorogun. Sit down and pick up a book!!
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by ChidiKalu: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2023
seunfly:

That one of the tricks his wife used to launder oceanic bank money, the bank will buy/build properties in strategic places and convert it to Ibru's family asset and the bank will pay for rent.

But after all we will all die and go to our grave empty, nothing is worth it in this world but etarnal life should be our concern if it's truly in existence.
Lmao. AMCON seized some of Cecelia's properties not Olorogun's properties in Apapa. Miss me with the "we go to the grave empty", no, some people go to their graves happy and accomplished knowing they left a name, legacy and generational wealth to their children, grandchildren, and great grand children.
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by ChidiKalu: 9:59am On Jul 17, 2023
seunfly:

That one of the tricks his wife used to launder oceanic bank money, the bank will buy/build properties in strategic places and convert it to Ibru's family asset and the bank will pay for rent.

A lot of ignorance and falsehood on this thread. Olorogun Michael Ibru already owned almost half of Apapa (especially the waterways) well in the 70s/80s. He ran Apapa. Oceanic was incorporated in 1990 and Cecilia only became MD in 1997.
Re: Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) by cuteboy2: 12:28am On Jul 19, 2023
Your clearly missed the point of my original post, which is that these prominent Delta sons do not invest in their State, and do not use their commanding heights in banking, industry, media, etc to attract businesses and investments to Delta State. Though, the state has been very unfortunate to have a string of some of the worst civilian governors in Nigeria, from Ibru, Ibori, Uduaghan, to Okowa. Ibori was a bit better.

My post had nothing to do with Deltans having opportunity to work in their organizations. Afterall, Tony Elumelu and Jim Ovia have tried to ensure CEOs of their banks are Deltans. But we are talking of either establishing businesses back home the way Nnewi and Abriba rich men do and also using their influence to pull investments into Delta State.

I know for a fact that Ibru family brewery which was called Superbru built 33 brewery in their hometown Agbara-Otor. Though now moribund. I pass through Agbara-Otor to Ughelli so I do see the dilapidated factory.

You could have said what you said in paragraph 1, without the insult in paragraph 2 and reference to age. Another typical African disease which equates age and position with knowledge.

Thank you for the age compliment (or insult), but I'm not under 30.

ChidiKalu:
The Ibru Organization still employs thousands of people. A few deltans who worked with the Ibru Organization in the 60s/70s subsequently branched out and became billionaires in their own right (eg. Chief Nuel Ojei), others became millionaires. Olorogun lifted atleast two generations of deltans (especially the Urhobos) out of poverty into the middle class strata.

I think you are very ignorant on this topic, and I am guessing you are under 30 — so I wouldn't expect you to know much about the Ibru Dynasty, although under-30 folks who are good students of history would know a thing or two about Olorogun. Sit down and pick up a book!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 63rd Birthday Today / CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.