Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Trouble In Portharcourt City!! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Trouble In Portharcourt City!! (544 Views)

Facebook In Trouble For Racist Advertising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trouble In Portharcourt City!! by MrCyril(m): 10:10pm On Dec 07, 2016
TROUBLE IN PORTHARCOURT CITY!!

Please, all PHC resident:
Have you all noticed
that thick black soothes are all over Portharcourt - even inside the homes- the sole of your feet is very black and we inhale quantities everyday.

Early in the morning your cars are all covered with the same thick soothes.

Nobody seem to be saying anything about it.

Please, my people, what is going on? Could it be that a company is messing up the environment so massively and threatening our survival and we don't seem to know and care?

I am worried.

Let's push this until it gets to the appropriate quarters for answers and solutions
Re: Trouble In Portharcourt City!! by anibi9674: 10:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
yes . my friend complains about this.
Re: Trouble In Portharcourt City!! by psucc(m): 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2016
Push what? Op not sure you're a true Niger Delta. Either paid or impersonating.

Have you ever heard of gas flaring? Have you not been hearing of the cries of this people or it is the pipeline bombing that has suddenly saturate the atmosphere? This has been the key issue in the ND struggle. This is what the inhabitants had been suffering for decades past.

Go and ask Shell, et al to quench the burning furnace for one week and see if the sooth will still be there. They and then you blame the boys.
Re: Trouble In Portharcourt City!! by MrCyril(m): 10:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
psucc:
Push what? Op not sure you're a true Niger Delta. Either paid or impersonating.

Have you ever heard of gas flaring? Have you not been hearing of the cries of this people or it is the pipeline bombing that has suddenly saturate the atmosphere? This has been the key issue in the ND struggle. This is what the inhabitants had been suffering for decades past.

Go and ask Shell, et al to quench the burning furnace for one week and see if the sooth will still be there. They and then you blame the boys.
are u ok? Always think before you type to avoid embarrassing yourself the way you just did. I know comprehension is not easy but try your best to comprehend before quoting anyone. Some of us on this forum are responsible, hard working and comfortable, so know that some persons on this forum are bigger than internet touting. Did I say anything about being a Niger Deltan? I live in Portharcourt and am raising alarm about a potential health hazard/environmental pollution. My health and that of my family are important to me. This is an important issue to talk about and take to the knowledge of the concerned regulatory bodies, not everything is political. It's a disturbing environmental hazard, it's important we know who is responsible for this, what it is, it's effects,etc If u don't have what to say just keep quiet . Mind u am talking about PH city not Niger Delta. I have been living here for years, this is new
Re: Trouble In Portharcourt City!! by BossLadyF(f): 2:03am On Dec 08, 2016
I was doing a research recently on these environmental hazards and the major problem is Flaring.
If you've been to Bonny island, you'll observe that the ozone layer is being destroyed daily, Reason being that there's always Gas flaring by NLNG. Just last year, someone told me never to go to Bonny Island without a sun glass cos of it.
Truth be told, the problems with most Nigerians is that they decide to live with the livelong effects of this environmental hazards than speak out. Once this company gives them left over money, they keep silent. They are greedy.
These oil companies who flare their unwanted products daily are causing issues to us. They need to go on trainings and learn how to divert these products they burn into the atmosphere into something useful.
I'm based in PH and can relate to what you've just said.

(1) (Reply)

Ping Express Xmas Giveaway! Win 1 Million Naira For Your Beneficiary Back Home / 31ST DECEMBER WHATSAPP DATELINE / New Technology May Make Interplanetary Travel On Electromagnetic Propulsion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.