Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,677 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics (774 Views)

Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? / Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos) / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by equily(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2016
COPIED

On 8th December, 1854, in his Papal Bull, ‘Ineffabilis Deus’, Pius IX raised this teaching of the Church to a dogma. “To the glory of the holy and undivided Trinity, to the honour and renown of the Virgin Mother of God, the exaltation of the Catholic faith…by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, of the blessed apostles Peter and Paul, and our own authority, we declare, pronounce and define: the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary was, from the first moment of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of almighty God and in view of the merits of Christ Jesus the Saviour of the human race, preserved immune from all stain of original sin, is revealed by God and, therefore, firmly and constantly to be believed by all the faithful”.
We celebrate today one of the dogmas about Mary which states that ‘The conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the womb of her mother Saint Anne, was free from original sin by virtue of the foreseen merits of her son Jesus Christ’. It is different from the virginal conception of the child Jesus in Mary’s womb and the virgin birth of Christ; it involves the sinless conception of Mary herself. Many argue quoting Romans 5:12 that all men have sinned in Adam, they forget that “with God all things are possible” (Lk. 1:37) and him whom she conceived was and still is God couldn’t have shared in human frailty hence contaminated by sin.
Dearly beloved, understood in simpler terms, the Solemnity of Immaculate Conception of Mary marks per se, the dawn of the New Covenant, celebrating the gracious preparation by God of his people to receive their Saviour and Lord. Genesis describes how sin alongside death came into the world and engulfed it. God, all good, all loving and all merciful couldn’t abandon his children to this hopeless plight; this would have contradicted his name, person and nature. The Immaculate Conception therefore is God’s graceful, beautiful and gratuitous gift to humanity; setting in motion the incarnation.
Sons and daughters of God, what we celebrate is the divine antidote to a lost, derailed hence despairing humanity. It is also a reminder that our Mother, Mary is full of grace (Lk. 1:28) and can help us anytime we call on her son through her. May we too adopted by Christ as we are, hence sons of God (Gal. 45-6); through the merits of our brother and saviour, Jesus Christ, have a share in the numerous graces enjoyed by Mary, amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2016
The doctrine of original sin is a satanic, devilish doctrine introduced by the apostate organization called the Roman Catholic Church. It has no single biblical basis. Neither Mary, Nor me, nor the person beside me was born a sinner. We were only born with sinful tendencies. This means that our nature is inclined ordinarily towards evil. A human being left on his own would choose evil rather than good.

If you claim that babies are born sinners: what will be the fate of babies who die at infancy? Is GOD going to destroy them?

Don't worry, I know the answer your evil Catholic organization will give me: "Yes. Even babies who don't know anything will burn in hell. That is why it is good to baptize them at infancy."

That is to cajole people into practising your unbiblical child baptism. It is clear from the Bible that a baby is not to be baptised, because it does not meet the criteria for getting baptised. That is a topic for another day, anyway.
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 9:31am On Dec 08, 2016
...and him whom she conceived was and still is God couldn’t have shared in human frailty hence contaminated by sin.

This goes to show that Roman Catholicism does not teach the Bible,

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Heb. 4:15

Jesus was frail and weak just like an ordinary man. He could have fallen into sin but He chose not to. No divine immunity preserved Him from sin. The only divine immunity which kept Him from sinning is that divine immunity which available to all men, including you and me: being in constant touch with GOD. He was always drawing the much needed strength to overcome the world through prayers and communion with His Father. A human being today can also live a sin-free life by following Jesus' formula: always living in constant communion by GOD, being led by His Holy Spirit.
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 9:41am On Dec 08, 2016
If you claim that Jesus had some kind of divine immunity that is not accessible to every other man, and which preserved Him from sinning, then you mean that the Bible is lying when it says that Jesus was touched with our infirmities, as stated in the text I gave above. And do you realise that this means that there is no hope for the common man? For he cannot be able to live above sin(a criteria for entering Heaven) since He is not Jesus(who supposedly lived above sin with the aid of an immunity not accessible to man).

"For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted." Heb. 2:16-18

Jesus took on Himself the very nature of man!
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2016
Jesus was in all things made like His brothers(mankind). So, in frailty, in fallenness of nature, in susceptibility to sin and evil, in need for the divine power of GOD, HE WAS MADE LIKE MAN!

And because He suffered every possible temptation which man can suffer, with a possibility to yield to the temptations(though He chose not to), He is able to provide succour to those being tempted.

Tell me, how can Jesus be able to know what man is passing through in his struggle against sin if He had never been truly a man that is faced with the same challenges with which man is faced? And so, if Jesus does not really know what if feels to be a man in the real sense, what power has He to condemn(pronounce bad/unlawful/unjust) sin in the flesh, as Rom. 8:3 says?

Do you realise that Jesus admonishes us to live sin-free lives only because He has found Himself in the same position in which we are now, and still was able to live a sin-free life(by constantly being in touch with His Father)?

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 10:04am On Dec 08, 2016
and can help us anytime we call on her son through her. May we too adopted by Christ as we are, hence sons of God (Gal. 45-6); through the merits of our brother and saviour, Jesus Christ, have a share in the numerous graces enjoyed by Mary, amen.

Another brazen, typical Roman Catholic unbiblical teaching. Jesus called all those who are weary and heavy-laden to come to Him. He did not tell them to go through Mary first.

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Heb. 4:16

Which special merits did Mary enjoy?

And moreover, which Mary is going to help you now? The one that is currently resting in her grave, patiently waiting for the resurrection morning?
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Another brazen, typical Roman Catholic unbiblical teaching. Jesus called all those who are weary and heavy-laden to come to Him. He did not tell them to go through Mary first.

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Heb. 4:16

Which special merits did Mary enjoy?

And moreover, which Mary is going to help you now? The one that is currently resting in her grave, patiently waiting for the resurrection morning?

What is your business, was it your pastor that compiled the bible? FYI the Catholic Church compiled the bible and the church has been existing centuries before your pastor established his and millions of Catholics have gone to heaven afterwards so what is your point here?

Don't you think if the Catholic Church was toxic God would have destroyed it centuries ago, you think He will stand by and watch millions being led to hell? OP, do well to edit the title and write *Catholics only * I came here to read interesting contributions on this topic only to see these rants everywhere.
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by jonbellion(m): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hehe
Christians can't even agree on themselves on the right denomination
But they want us to agree with them that they have a relationship with Gods son (that is also him)
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
jonbellion:
Hehe
Christians can't even agree on themselves on the right denomination
But they want us to agree with them that they have a relationship with Gods son (that is also him)

Christians only care for your soul, no one is forcing you to accept Christ by all means. It is optional so you don't really have to hang around people who you think are delusional. We Christians have nothing to lose and all to gain. It's a win win for us but a total loss for YOU.
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by jonbellion(m): 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
Pidgin2:

Christians only care for your soul, no one is forcing you to accept Christ by all means. It is optional so you don't really have to hang around people who you think are delusional. We Christians have nothing to lose and all to gain. It's a win win for us but a total loss for YOU.
lol

Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
Pidgin2:
What is your business, was it your pastor that compiled the bible? FYI the Catholic Church compiled the bible and the church has been existing centuries before your pastor established his and millions of Catholics have gone to heaven afterwards so what is your point here?
Apostate Judaism was existing for centuries before Christ came to set the records straight. Who and who have gone to Heaven? When did they go to Heaven?

Don't you think if the Catholic Church was toxic God would have destroyed it centuries ago, you think He will stand by and watch millions being led to hell? OP, do well to edit the title and write *Catholics only * I came here to read interesting contributions on this topic only to see these rants everywhere.

That is not the way GOD works. He allows evil to grow and mature(together with good), so that at a set time, He will justly destroy evil. Remember the parable of the tares?

Satan is toxic too. GOD did not destroy him.
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Apostate Judaism was existing for centuries before Christ came to set the records straight. Who and who have gone to Heaven? When did they go to Heaven?

That is not the way GOD works. He allows evil to grow and mature(together with good), so that at a set time, He will justly destroy evil. Remember the parable of the tares?

Did Catholics tell you that they do not believe in Jesus or that they do not accept Him as the Savior of their lives , was it your pastor that compiled the bible?

Satan is toxic but throughout the bible God warned us to be wary of Him, He also protects us from Him when we pray, He himself prayed for our protection. Did Jesus pray against the Catholic Church? If you read join 17 He prayed that believers should be one. But you people are always quick to condemn, show me where Christ warned people against catholism. You always think you are better than others why not allow God to judge?

Learn to mind your business and stop judging others
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by jonbellion(m): 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

so what denomination are you
You do realise the mother of all churches the catholic church sees all other denominations as heresy same way the protestant and orthodox churches demonize the catholic church
In the end all you people are doing is really pointing fingers
The largest church denomination is Catholicism
If you and your religion is right about 1.2 billion Catholics are already automatically on a course for hell
Wow
The kind of god you claim to serve though
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
jonbellion:
You do realise the mother of all churches the catholic church sees all other denominations as heresy same way the protestant and orthodox churches demonize the catholic church
If you and your religion is right about 1.2 billion Catholics are already automatically on a course for hell
Wow

I'm a Christian whose only creed is the Bible, and not human doctrine.

Forcing words into one's mouth is not being intellectual. I never mentioned the number of people that will go to hell, okay?

But I know that the number is big, very big, "for broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many go in it."

GOD knows those who are His, even in that evil organisation called the Catholic church.
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by jonbellion(m): 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I'm a Christian whose only creed is the Bible, and not human doctrine.

[s]Forcing words into one's mouth is not being intellectual. I never mentioned the number of people that will go to hell, okay?

[/s]But I know that the number is big, very big, "for broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many go in it."

GOD knows those who are His, even in that evil organisation called the Catholic church.
and where did I do that
I only made an assumption
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by FSMs: 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
jonbellion:
Wow
No matter how they try to deny it..
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by FSMs: 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I'm a Christian whose only creed is the Bible and not human doctrine.

Just like pidgin2 said it's a know fact Catholic compiled the Bible they choosed the book that made it into the NT so what exactly is your Point?

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
FSMs:

Just like pidgin2 said it's a know fact Catholic compiled the Bible they choosed the book that made it into the NT so what exactly is your Point?

Ask her whether her Catholic church obeys the Bible whose canons she compiled.

Jewish people in the era of Judaism compiled the canons of the OT. Did that stop GOD from discarding Judaism?
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by FSMs: 1:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Jewish people in the era of Judaism compiled the canons of the OT. Did that stop GOD from discarding Judaism?
I do know about Catholic and i do know they also obey the Bible if you think otherwise tell me what they don't obey?

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by jonbellion(m): 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

and god discarded Judaism how
Lol
You guys really believe your religion is the right one
News flash
So does everyone else

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by jonbellion(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
FSMs:

No matter how they try to deny it..
lol
Bro
Just like disowning your father grin

2 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
FSMs:

I do know about Catholic and i do know they also obey the Bible if you think otherwise tell me what they don't obey?

Go and read. Don't waste all your time on Nairaland vituperating a GOD you believe does not exist. You will achieve nothing at the end of the day.
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
jonbellion:
and god discarded Judaism how Lol You guys really believe your religion is the right one News flash So does everyone else
If you have nothing meaningful to say, don't mention me please.
Thank you.
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by jonbellion(m): 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If you have nothing meaningful to say, don't mention me please.

Thank you.

Did I insult you or anything
Nawa
Nor vex
Re: The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception : Catholics by FSMs: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Go and read. Don't waste all your time on Nairaland vituperating a GOD you believe does not exist. You will achieve nothing at the end of the day.
Cop out lol as usual...

(1) (Reply)

17 Ways To Raise A Godly Children / How Is The Flood Of Noah's Time Just? / Port-hacourt Pastor Marries A Third Wife (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.