Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Is Node.js A Future??? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Node.js A Future??? (3451 Views)

What Is Node.js And What Can It Do, Why Should I Learn / Free PHP, Node js ,Mongo db, Angular And C# Proje Source Code With Documentation / React + Node Js : Fullstack Web Development Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Node.js A Future??? by imdancy(f): 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
As I am seeing most of the current popular sites are moving to node.js platform. So I want to ask what makes it a choice for recent development. Is it the future of Web Development??
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by paranorman(m): 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
For the umpteenth time, programming languages are tools, they have their strengths and weaknesses.

6 Likes

Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by SeunLanLege(m): 11:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
paranorman:
For the umpteenth time, programming languages are tools, they have their strengths and weaknesses.

I agree but js is the future of everything. I'm a full stack dev and I prefer working with js than php.
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by asalimpo(m): 12:03am On Dec 09, 2016
a respected and well educated programmer said the term "full stack" as is currently thrown around is misleading and wrong.
Op, learn the fundamentals and you'll still be in season when all the trends are obsolete.
heard of web assembly? Doesnt look like js at all.

2 Likes

Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by romme2u: 1:19am On Dec 09, 2016
in few years time, it will settle down with python, ruby, php and even old perl. they will all play together as brothers
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Node js is dead.. Long live renode js
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 10, 2016
imdancy:
As I am seeing most of the current popular sites are moving to node.js platform. So I want to ask what makes it a choice for recent development. Is it the future of Web Development??
Maybe. But bear in mind that u wldn't find local hosts supporting ur node.js applications. If u r cool with going cloud, then nodejs is a really interesting world. Trust me.
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by bot101(m): 9:12am On Dec 10, 2016
Noel1:
Maybe. But bear in mind that u wldn't find local hosts supporting ur node.js applications. If u r cool with going cloud, then nodejs is a really interesting world. Trust me.

Seriously dude, node is actually a server on its own.

1 Like

Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2016
bot101:

Seriously dude, node is actually a server on its own.
U can set up a server with pure Nodejs or Express. Likewise, apache is a also a server for php applications. Even though u can serve ur pages right 4rm ur local machine. But u wouldn't dare do it, right ? U need Coud hosting for Node applications e.g Google App Engine, Amazon AWS, Heroku etc.

1 Like

Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by bot101(m): 10:47am On Dec 10, 2016
Noel1:
U can set up a server with pure Nodejs or Express. Likewise, apache is a also a server for php applications. Even though u can serve ur pages right 4rm ur local machine. But u wouldn't dare do it, right ? U need Coud hosting for Node applications e.g Google App Engine, Amazon AWS, Heroku etc.

Well, that was what I inferred.
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 10, 2016
Strange, i am seeing a great level of illiteracy amongst our programmers here. I mean, what the heck? It is as if some of you guys dont research at all sef.

Disclaimer: I am not mentioning names or speaking to anyone (as a matter of fact, i am talking to myself)
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Sibrah: 11:15am On Dec 10, 2016
dhtml18:
Strange, i am seeing a great level of illiteracy amongst our programmers here. I mean, what the heck? It is as if some of you guys dont research at all sef.

Disclaimer: I am not mentioning names or speaking to anyone (as a matter of fact, i am talking to myself)
Is there anything bad in you pointing out what 'they' are getting wrong? I dislike it when people show off carelessly.

4 Likes

Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2016
^^^Na who be this one pointing fingers carelessly at me? It is a free world, with freedom of expression. If you dislike me for that, well, go and hug an e-transformer

--- alternatively

go to your village chief, ask him for his e-well, and jump into it, in case one cannot contain you, well, you can always dig two.

1 Like

Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by sleepingdemon: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
Did I just see node is a server on its own?
I'm shook.
Jes like saying php is a server on its own, as you can invoke a php like server using php-cli php -S host:port command.

1 Like

Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Sibrah: 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^Na who be this one pointing fingers carelessly at me? It is a free world, with freedom of expression. If you dislike me for that, well, go and hug an e-transformer

--- alternatively

go to your village chief, ask him for his e-well, and jump into it, in case one cannot contain you, well, you can always dig two.
What you are saying isn't so funny. I never said I dislike the person showing off but the act itself. What's is wrong in you telling them what they are missing. I go to StackOverflow and see people ask simple question without getting bashed aimlessly. I wonder when Naija developers will see limitations in their solo mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Sibrah: 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
sleepingdemon:
I'm shook.
Jes like saying php is a server on its own, as you can invoke a php like server using php-cli php -S host:port command.
So what's nodejs according to you?
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
sleepingdemon:
I'm shook.
Me, i nearly died like seriously!
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sibrah:
What you are saying isn't so funny. I never said I dislike the person showing off but the act itself. What's is wrong in you telling them what they are missing. I go to StackOverflow and see people ask simple question without getting bashed aimlessly. I wonder when Naija developers will see limitations in their solo mentality.
Abeg waka pass and free me jare. This is nairaland and not stackoverflow, gerrahia!
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Sibrah: 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
dhtml18:

Abeg waka pass and free me jare. This is nairaland and not stackoverflow, gerrahia!
You could have 'waka pass and free' the OP and other posters instead of bashing them now . . . ABEG No vex oh.
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
How many people have I bashed on this thread? You seem to have become law and authority on this thread already?
Wait, are you even a developer at all or a learner - so that i know where to take up your case. If you are a learner/noob, i will free you ELSE we might have to start a WAR here (because the situation calls for one).

My first question for you is - can you or can you not see how people are mis-representing and murdering php and node.js on this thread (i code well in both languages, and i find it very shocking).
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Sibrah: 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
dhtml18:
How many people have I bashed on this thread? You seem to have become law and authority on this thread already?
Wait, are you even a developer at all or a learner - so that i know where to take up your case. If you are a learner/noob, i will free you ELSE we might have to start a WAR here (because the situation calls for one).

My first question for you is - can you or can you not see how people are mis-representing and murdering php and node.js on this thread (i code well in both languages, and i find it very shocking).
If they are murdering it and getting a runtime environment mixed up with a server, you as an experienced person should bail them out. These things are hard to grasp. Not everybody started learning programming at the age of 15. Some people read art and business related courses in school and are only trying to learn programming here . . .

1 Like

Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by sleepingdemon: 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sibrah:
So what's nodejs according to you?
node js is a runtime environment for server side JavaScript based on V8 engine.
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Sibrah: 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
sleepingdemon:

node js is a runtime environment for server side JavaScript based on V8 engine.
Do you think the people you referred to in your first post can easily digest that definition of yours? It may be right but it is still too vague.

1 Like

Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Sibrah: 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
dhtml18:
Wait, are you even a developer at all or a learner
Developers are learners.

2 Likes

Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 10, 2016
sleepingdemon:
I'm shook.
He might have been mistaken. OR perhaps he wanted to say a runtime .....
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
dhtml18:

Not many people could grab the distinctions between Php nd Nodejs environment. I once came across a top notch blog referring to Nodejs as a Language. Everybody learns bro. The least we could do is point out when such a mistake occurs nd correct it.....
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
dhtml18:

Dammnit!! ... you are full of yourself .talking as if you are the guy that wrote the code of one kind supernuke
dude get your ass moving pls. pompous lump of sh*t!! .
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 11, 2016
Decypher:
Dammnit!! ... you are full of yourself .talking as if you are the guy that wrote the code of one kind supernuke
Who be this one again? Another troll on the lose?
Hey, stop using those kind of languages on this board - and get the fvck out of here already. If we scan his brain now, we will see that all he can probably write is HelloWorld.js (and he will come and start fumbling upandan).
The number of code i have written will take some of you TROLLERS like 10 life-times to write (dont sweat it), i might not have written a Facebook yet, but I have written a lot, believe me.
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by FincoApps(m): 8:19am On Dec 11, 2016
Decypher:

Now why are you insulting ? ? ? ?

Even the this Sibrah dude has not said anything insulting..... You guys need to start respecting people you meet online cause you don't actually know who you are talking to:

They might be a normal everyday noob, Experts or worst.... The Devil himself in form of an hacker so take care
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2016
Abeg let the kiddie run his mouth jare, na im get his mouth.
Re: Is Node.js A Future??? by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 11, 2016
FincoApps:

Now why are you insulting ? ? ? ?

Even the this Sibrah dude has not said anything insulting..... You guys need to start respecting people you meet online cause you don't actually know who you are talking to:

They might be a normal everyday noob, Experts or worst.... The Devil himself in form of an hacker so take care
that dude vexed the sh*t out of me too full of himself .nonsense if they made a mistake you correct them.. not coming here to form sh*t .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Programmers Are Great / Google Chrome Hacking Contest / Teach Me How To Become A Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.