Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,727 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Monorail: Uncommon Transport System In African Countries. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Monorail: Uncommon Transport System In African Countries. (488 Views)

Which Of These Cars Is Best For Transport Business? / Welcome To The Future: SmartTravel, A Future Automatic Public Transport System / Owning A Car Or Public Transport In Lagos, Which More Economical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Monorail: Uncommon Transport System In African Countries. by Peterowinje: 5:26am On Dec 09, 2016
There are different modes of transport viz: Rail transportation, Sea Transportation, Air transportation, Road transportation and Pipeline transportation. However, in road transportation we have three (3) transport systems which are Road transport system, Rail transport system and monorail transport system, in all of these transport modes and systems, monorail is the most unpopular overland transport in developing countries. For instance, one day precisely on 15th of January, 2015. I walked into a particular organization in the Ibadan city where l live, Oyo State, Nigeria, to ask just a question from all the staff and my question on that day was “Do you know monorail or have you heard about monorail before?” In fact, none of them actually know what monorail really is. I was flabbergasted or surprised when some of them started using questions to answer my question, someone asked me, was it a name of a person or thing or what? Many other questions were thrown back to me on that day why they failed completely to answer my own question. However, before and after the said day, I had also asked some people the same question but none of them could actually tell me anything they know about monorail, despite, the fact that, the word monorail is coined from two words “Mono” and “Rail” Mono which refers to one single object and rail which is a popular word used for railway track, one would have expected them to suggest transport or to suppose it to be transport but unfortunately, they could not suggest it to be transport system or think in that direction. This to me, shows, that they have poor understanding on monorail transport system and that is why I need to write about monorail for all my lovely readers, better still, do you also know monorail? Please, you can read the complete article here:[url]http://globaltransportandlogistics.com/monorail-uncommon-transport-system-in-african-countries/ [/url]Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Msx125 GROM / Professional Land Pilot - Driver's Available On The 'GO' / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.