Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,168 members, 7,953,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:04 PM

How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years (1590 Views)

First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) / How Do You Make It In United States Without Doing Fraud????pls Advice. / Immigration To The US: Which Of The States Is The Best Place To Settle Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by lanre2u(m): 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2009
Hello all,
am a resident in U.S, am seeking on the best way of bringing my family to the states without her waiting for 5 years till i get my citizenship or till they approve her paper.

Pls advise needed.

Thanks.
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by Kc0022000(m): 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2009
Pray and wait till they approve her papers
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by tunnytox(m): 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2009
USA should be one of the freest country of the world with enviable human right record that set the pace for others BUT their immigration laws as it relates to family reunification is obsolete, inhuman and unreasonable, I will say UK really do have better immigration rules, if you have been UK resident you'll bring your family in anytime, 5 years wait to bring one's family in? what a joke!!!!!
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by johnkent(m): 4:12am On Nov 13, 2009
tunnytox:

USA should be one of the freest country of the world with enviable human right record that set the pace for others BUT their immigration laws as it relates to family reunification is obsolete, inhuman and unreasonable, I will say UK really do have better immigration rules, if you have been UK resident you'll bring your family in anytime, 5 years wait to bring one's family in? what a joke!!!!!
Thats america for ya. Too many Immigrants here. trying to contain the population
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by EAsY6: 11:06am On Nov 13, 2009
johnkent:

Thats america for ya. Too many Immigrants here. trying to contain the population

America was borne out of immigrants! So there will never be too many immigrants,
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by johnkent(m): 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2009
£a$y:

America was borne out of immigrants! So there will never be too many immigrants,
There sure can be. When u have more than 20 million illegal immigrants, something needs to be done.
Am not saying that permanent residents have to wait 5 yrs for their families to get here. They should be allowed to bring in their immediate family whenever they wish but u know how this government works. Everything takes for ever.
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by tunnytox(m): 2:57pm On Nov 13, 2009
johnkent:

There sure can be. When u have more than 20 million illegal immigrants, something needs to be done.
Am not saying that permanent residents have to wait 5 yrs for their families to get here. They should be allowed to bring in their immediate family whenever they wish but u know how this government works. Everything takes for ever.

who knows It might be a plan to make people marry within USA if possible,
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by johnkent(m): 4:42am On Nov 14, 2009
tunnytox:

who knows It might be a plan to make people marry within USA if possible,
haha. could be. who knows wetin nwa bekee carry for mind
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by chelseabmw(m): 5:37pm On Nov 16, 2009
GOD alone can help here
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by omega25red(m): 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ poster

One thing you can do is visit your local politician they usually have a way of solving these types of issues as long as you have a decent job and you can support that person.

It's an election year those politicians would do anything for a vote.
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by johnkent(m): 4:24am On Nov 17, 2009
omega25red:

@ poster

One thing you can do is visit your local politician they usually have a way of solving these types of issues as long as you have a decent job and you can support that person.

There isnt much a congressman/woman can do in this situation. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There isnt enough visas to go around. U'll have to stand in line with everyone else. No cutting
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by SeanT21(f): 5:01am On Nov 17, 2009
omega25red:

@ poster

Its a law. These people cant break it.
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by agathamari(f): 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2009
tunnytox:

imigration rules apply the same to everyone. if they start making exceptions on how people come into the country because thier family is there how many people will be claiming someone is a relative when they are only friends or a complete stranger who is paying them money. abuse of the system causes the stricter requirements. the more abuse, the harder it gets to come in.
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by tunnytox(m): 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
agathamari:

imigration rules apply the same to everyone. if they start making exceptions on how people come into the country because thier family is there how many people will be claiming someone is a relative when they are only friends or a complete stranger who is paying them money. abuse of the system causes the stricter requirements. the more abuse, the harder it gets to come in.

You are getting it wrong please read my comment very well before replying, I am not saying that concessions should be given to some set of people, the fact remain that any immigration rule that does not allow you to bring in your immediate family members (wife, Husband and children) within the shortest possible time to a country where you are legally resident is not only obsolete it is EVIL. Your family members are part and parcel of you and if you can truely provide evidences of your financial capacity to look after them it is immoral for any rule to prevent you from doing so.

The fact remains that the US immigration rules are far behind compare to all EU nations and other western countries
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by tunnytox(m): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
johnkent:

Well I really don't want to agree with this, if truely they want to control immigration how come children born in America are being given automatic US citizenship? to be honest I cannot see a reason for this a lot of these children have no conection to the US whatsoever neither their parents either. Obviously this practice has continue to attract many passport tourist who will only come to the US to have their children

What about annual US visa lottery programme?

I don't believe these set of measures are meant to control immigration; the fact is these rules are out of date, out of touch, immoral and belittle a wel civilised country like the USA
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by agathamari(f): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2009
tunnytox:

You are getting it wrong please read my comment very well before replying, I am not saying that concessions should be given to some set of people, the fact remain that any immigration rule that does not allow you to bring in your immediate family members (wife, Husband and children) within the shortest possible time to a country where you are legally resident is not only obsolete it is EVIL. Your family members are part and parcel of you and if you can truely provide evidences of your financial capacity to look after them it is immoral for any rule to prevent you from doing so.

The fact remains that the US immigration rules are far behind compare to all EU nations and other western countries
us imigraion laws are adjusted almost yearly and if anything they become stricter everytime.  if it is truely your wife and child then why not bring them over when you come over why wait?  is you wait what proof are you going to give that these people truely are youe wife child sister whatever?  once exceptions are made for one person or group it is only a matter of time before others expect similar exceptions.  us imigration polocy is the same accross the board regardless of country of origin of family ties as it should be.  those complaining that the us imigration polocyies are not to thier liking or shoud be more like some other country then go to the other country.  you want us imigration laws to be like france, then maybe you should go to france.  no imigrant has any right to tell the country they are imigrating to that they must change thier polocies to be more accomidating regardless of country of origin or family plain and simple.  you dont like the way we do things in the us, dont come here.  you like the way the EU does thier imigration, fine move there.  simple
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by tunnytox(m): 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2009
agathamari:

us imigraion laws are adjusted almost yearly and if anything they become stricter everytime. if it is truely your wife and child then why not bring them over when you come over why wait? is you wait what proof are you going to give that these people truely are youe wife child sister whatever? once exceptions are made for one person or group it is only a matter of time before others expect similar exceptions. us imigration polocy is the same accross the board regardless of country of origin of family ties as it should be. those complaining that the us imigration polocyies are not to thier liking or shoud be more like some other country then go to the other country. you want us imigration laws to be like france, then maybe you should go to france. no imigrant has any right to tell the country they are imigrating to that they must change thier polocies to be more accomidating regardless of country of origin or family plain and simple. you dont like the way we do things in the us, dont come here. you like the way the EU does thier imigration, fine move there. simple

I'm not the poster here, I'm merely responding to the post grin grin you are right that US have all the right to decide their immigration laws and I quite agree with that. All I'm giving here is MY own personal opinion about the US immigration rules. I am not a US resident and to be honest with you I'm never really interested in moving to the US. I'm content with where I am at the moment, no country has a perfect immigration rules and even Uk still have some issues with theirs as well but as far as i'm concerned compare with the US i'll choose the UK anyday
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by kenforum(m): 9:41pm On Nov 17, 2009
Hi,
My sincere advice to you based on experience is for you to get them to a nearby country like Cuba,Ecuador or Bahamas and from there you can get them into USA.I have done that for somebody earlier this year and within one month,his family joined him in USA.So,if you are interested,post it here and i tell you how to arrange for it.Or better still call me on 08052778461 or 08037060650.
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by johnkent(m): 4:35am On Nov 18, 2009
kenforum:

Hi,
My sincere advice to you based on experience is for you to get them to a nearby country like Cuba,Ecuador or Bahamas and from there you can get them into USA.I have done that for somebody earlier this year and within one month,his family joined him in USA.So,if you are interested,post it here and i tell you how to arrange for it.Or better still call me on 08052778461 or 08037060650.

as long as his married, his wife or kids will NEVER get a US tourist visa.
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by johnkent(m): 4:42am On Nov 18, 2009
he would have to petition for an immigrant visa for them
Chance of his family getting a visitors visa at US consulate overseas with the consular officer knowing that he is a permanent resident is slim to none.
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by agathamari(f): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2009
kenforum:

Hi,
dont even think about trying cuba, they have the worst visa/imigration polocies in the world. put it this way you get into cuba (hard) you get a us visa from cuba (even harder) you still have to get and exit visa from cuba. yes a visa to LEAVE the country which is nearly impossible to get. why do you think the us has the "wet foot, dry foot" polocy regarding cuban refugees. sorry guys you wont qualify for it even if you try, under the polocy you have to be a cuban national and actualy look cuban.
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by justwise(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2009
kenforum:

Hi,

Bogus travel agents like u get Nigerians in a mess in a foreign land.
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by omega25red(m): 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2009
SeanT21:

Its a law. These people cant break it.

I never said they can break the law for anyone but they usually know someone on the inside who can point you in the right direction as to which are the correct papers to file and who to ask for when you go to the immigration office. I didn't just make that up i know for sure that they can help
johnkent:

There isnt much a congressman/woman can do in this situation. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There isnt enough visas to go around. U'll have to stand in line with everyone else. No cutting
^^^ see the comment above
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by johnkent(m): 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2009
omega25red:

I never said they can break the law for anyone but they usually know someone on the inside who can point you in the right direction as to which are the correct papers to file and who to ask for when you go to the immigration office. I didn't just make that up i know for sure that they can help^^^ see the comment above
They can help in certain situation like if u're name was stuck in FBI background check or your priority date has been current for months and you still havent heard from USCIS. They can call or write the local USCIS office and see whats going on with ur application.
But when it comes to issuance of visas and priority dates, they can do absolutely nothing. You just have to wait until your number becomes current and at that point, a visa number will be available to be issued to ya/ur family.
Re: How Can I Bring My Family To The States Without Her Waiting For 5 Years by SeanT21(f): 12:25am On Nov 22, 2009
omega25red:

I never said they can break the law for anyone but they usually know someone on the inside who can point you in the right direction as to which are the correct papers to file and who to ask for when you go to the immigration office. I didn't just make that up i know for sure that they can help^^^ see the comment above

Okay. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Visa From Uk / Uk Visa Judicial Review Process (in Country And Out Country Applications) / One Of Those Reasons Young Nigerians Should Go Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.