Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Big Mistakes Most Bloggers Make And How To Avoid It - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Big Mistakes Most Bloggers Make And How To Avoid It (456 Views)

3 SEO Big Mistakes To Avoid When Creating The Design For Your New Website / 5 Big Mistakes That Bloggers Make / What I Hate And Love About Most Bloggers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Big Mistakes Most Bloggers Make And How To Avoid It by D34lw4p(m): 7:23am On Dec 10, 2016
Are you making this mistake, too?
When people visit your blog, they often hit your single post page first.
And when they hit that page, you have seconds to grab their attention before you lose them.

How do you keep these people from leaving your website?
You can craft an awesome headline. You can also make your content more inviting by
minimizing your content width.
However, there’s one more thing you can do, and it’s extremely effective for drawing readers into your content. The funny thing is, most bloggers, including me, often don’t do it.

Enough Hype, What’s the Secret?
When you write your blog post, you use an image to grab reader attention, right?
Right!

Did you know that when people spot images, their eyes naturally drift down?
It’s true…
And since this eye-dropping behavior is coded into our genetics, you should never run an image without an interesting, persuasive caption.
I know this sounds crazy… it’s just a silly caption.
But, as Drew Eric Whitman points out in Ca$hvertising, “studies have shown that up to twice as many people read captions as body copy.”

Do you know what that means?
If you fail to place a caption under your image, people may not read anything else. Heck, they may not even read your first sentence!
How horrible is that? Do you want to lose your readers before they give your content a chance?
Heck no!
So, you better use captions, and they better be good.

What are your thoughts? Do you use image captions on your blog? Are you going to start using them?

Join us at: www.nct.com.ng
Re: Big Mistakes Most Bloggers Make And How To Avoid It by Julius2214(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2016
It all depends on the kind of contents (niche) you offer your readers. It may only be applicable to the entertainment or news niche. But I still don't see the importance. Image captions are not necessary most of the time unless there's an action in the picture.

What really matters is a good and captivating post title.
Re: Big Mistakes Most Bloggers Make And How To Avoid It by D34lw4p(m): 9:15am On Dec 10, 2016
Julius2214:
It all depends on the kind of contents (niche) you offer your readers. It may only be applicable to the entertainment or news niche. But I still don't see the importance. Image captions are not necessary most of the time unless there's an action in the picture.

What really matters is a good and captivating post title.
You're very correct but a caption does more than you think, you're judging from your own point of view not a general point of view that is applicable to the masses.

(1) (Reply)

Has Anybody Noticed This / Tech Blog Content Writer Required For Good Money / Nigerian Non Hosted Adsense For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.