Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? (5553 Views)

Nigeria Vs Egypt: Referee Blows Final Whistle As Salah Was About To Score (video / Naija Babes 6- People Rep Of Korea 2 Final whistle. / Iker Casillas Asked The Ref To Blow The Final Whistle Early Out Of Respect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by mikesleek(m): 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2009
Nice game but what happened to the lights?
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by MrTA(m): 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2009
pretty obvious. Nepa
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by isadk77: 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2009
Nepa una Doo!!!, Una don try as you took light off at the final whistel!
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by mikesleek(m): 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2009
Lol, the light no gree wait for ref abi?
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by posakosa(m): 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2009
lol---its naija for u. grin grin
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Iykopee(m): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2009
Nothing like nepa.fuel finished in the gen dats d reason d light went off
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by mikesleek(m): 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2009
Iykopee:

Nothing like nepa.fuel finished in the gen dats d reason d light went off

Haba, are you trying to say someone syphoned the diesel in the Gen? Remember BRF was at the stadium today.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by FBS: 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2009
It was part of the special effects!  grin
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2009
oops?
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by mikesleek(m): 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2009
FBS:

It was part of the special effects! grin

, ooh true, to help show the fireworks properly!
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by victorazy(m): 10:07pm On Nov 12, 2009
just light effect
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Chaoga: 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2009
victorazy:

just light effect
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by DeepSoul(f): 10:57pm On Nov 12, 2009
FBS:

It was part of the special effects! grin

LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by BizBooks(m): 11:00pm On Nov 12, 2009
They turned off the lights to give maximum effect to the fire works. That's what the commentator said. But it happened exactly as the refree blew the final whistle. If it was intentional as they claim, they should wait a little bit next time.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by hatbreaker: 11:03pm On Nov 12, 2009
Make una no deceive una sef with special light effect, dem off the light 9ja style make ref for blow whistle kia kia, abi u no see how ref pick race before im come get im sef, wen im nefa see blackout for im life, i think it wasnt fair to start the celebration b4 the game ended,besides that spainish goal was absolutely unneccessary, wah da fcu, k
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by german007(m): 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2009
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by khanye(m): 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2009
9ja 4 life grin cheesy
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by showbobo(m): 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2009
I guess they simply did that to enhance the fireworks grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by UNLEASHED(m): 11:45pm On Nov 12, 2009
victorazy:

just light effect
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by buffead(f): 11:48pm On Nov 12, 2009
why another thread for dis , USELESSS UNA NO GET BETTER THING TO DO ,
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by oiseworld: 11:57pm On Nov 12, 2009
1. There was an initial plan to put off the light for the fire works if Nigeria wins.
then, those in charge could not wait to express their joy and the fireworks began.
the control room also, out off joy ignored FIFA and their officials and decided to go on with the celebation by putting off the light.

or

2. The baba in charge of the switch outside the stadium was told to put off the light when the fireworks begins. and he not knowing that the match was till on, and on seeing the fireworks switched off the lights as planned.

i think one of the above explanations should be good enough for FIFA.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by mondob2k(m): 11:59pm On Nov 12, 2009
I dont buy the stuff of enhancing the fireworks. there was power failure. and its a shame. Before FIFA go ever let Nigeria host any of its events e go reach like the 30th century. grin
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by calyx: 12:21am On Nov 13, 2009
1. There was an initial plan to put off the light for the fire works if Nigeria wins.
then, those in charge could not wait to express their joy and the fireworks began.
the control room also, out off joy ignored FIFA and their officials and decided to go on with the celebation by putting off the light.

or

2. The baba in charge of the switch outside the stadium was told to put off the light when the fireworks begins. and he not knowing that the match was till on, and on seeing the fireworks switched off the lights as planned.

[b]i think one of the above explanations should be good enough for FIFA.[/[/b]quote]

You just said it all there
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by damola1: 12:24am On Nov 13, 2009
it had to do with the FIREWORKS, if you notice not all the lights were off, and almost instanteneously, it's up again,
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by countdown2: 12:25am On Nov 13, 2009
I was at the game live, the light went off 2 seconds before the referee blew, it was actually for the fireworks. Yall dnt get it twisted plz, afterall we won. grin
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by 1forall: 1:07am On Nov 13, 2009
IMHO absolute rubbish! ahn ahn. . .  shocked since when did fireworks become part of a fifa world cup game?
Ok, what about those watching world over who dont know there was fireworks in the match plan ehn?

No excuse for Bleep up abeg  angry

countdown2:

I was at the game live, the light went off 2 seconds before the referee blew, it was actually for the fireworks. Yall dnt get it twisted plz, afterall we won. grin

Imagine!!
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by nas00(m): 1:32am On Nov 13, 2009
Which kain fireworks? undecided
We dey craze 4 9ja sef. The typical 9ja man go don dey try oh, im go come display im ignorance 'n stupidity take spoil show 4 imself. I think that's the case here, if indeed lights were 'briefly' put out IN A STADIUM just 4 fireworks.

Anyways, my inner mind tells me the shit must have resulted from a PHCN fckup or say fuel finish for dem run-down generator. I suspect this fireworks story is a lame attempt(excuse) to explain the fckup in a milder way.
Abi na so dem dey display fireworks for UCL Finals? grin grin

Na 9ja craze pass. My people I hail o!
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by freshmoney(m): 3:51am On Nov 13, 2009
At least we dey try!What else wink

That is what is called Rapid Response, you could have seen traces in our Nigeria Police, we sharp no be small. Who wan waste time?

One minute in the Stadium fit gulp up to 10 litres of the Generator Petrol/Diesel. Who talk sey we no good for Economy,thunder go fire that person mouth cool cool
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by amor4ce(m): 4:11am On Nov 13, 2009
I think the activation of the fireworks combined with the already existing load from the floodlights and other electricity-consuming gadgets drew more power than the transformers or generators could deliver/generate and the way it happened seemed to me to be quite stupid. It was like the players from both sides did not even shake hands after the final whistle.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by gongoaso1: 4:42am On Nov 13, 2009
and why did they need to switch off the stadium lights to enhance fireworks 
utter bullocks
buncha mofos
angry angry angry
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Digriz(m): 5:04am On Nov 13, 2009
It is stupidity to d highest level and Fifa wld'nt b happy 4 such attitude,at least d shuld hv waited 4 d final whistle 4 d fireworks.
Bt wheda its intentional is absolute yes!,its nt a power failure as some said.
Re: Why Did The Light Go Off Before The Final Whistle? by Smi1(m): 5:22am On Nov 13, 2009
crazy 9ja people !!! them dey always spoil show whenever their head done begin rise, zébé

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? / FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa / Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.