Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

I Was Quoted Out Of Context About Falcons – Dalung - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Was Quoted Out Of Context About Falcons – Dalung (498 Views)

Solomon Dalung In Animal Skin Cultural Outfit (Photos) / Unpaid Allowances: Dalung Meets Super Falcons Players (Pics) / Dalung Kicks Against Nigeria's World Cup Participation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Quoted Out Of Context About Falcons – Dalung by EdifiedCEO: 9:30am On Dec 10, 2016
Nigeria's Minister of Youths and Sports, Mr. Solomon Dalung, on Friday said his statement that the Federal Government did not expect the Super Falcons to win the just-concluded CAF African Women Cup of Nations in Cameroon was taken out of context.

Dalung made this known at the Presidential Villa in Abuja yesterday when President Muhammadu Buhari received Senator Kabiru Gaya-led committee on the National Youth Open Water Swimming Competition.

In his words, "May I conclude by trying to put into proper perspective an impression that has made national headlines to the effect that the Federal Government was not anticipating the victory of the Falcons and so could not have planned for it. This statement was attributed to myself. I want to categorically state that this is a statement taken out of context. And I cannot imagine or reconcile how," he said.

Dalung described the government's commitment to supporting the Falcons as overwhelming, saying "That explains why the Vice President himself had to abandon his tight schedule to visit the players in camp. That is evidence of preparations for victory."

The minister said the Federal Government was prepared because it had records of the antecedents of the performance of the players.

He said the challenge in the payment of the players' bonuses and allowances welfare was being given attention as the government was working around the clock to raise fund to address the issue of their bonuses.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/i-was-quoted-out-of-context-about.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: I Was Quoted Out Of Context About Falcons – Dalung by Iamvictor(m): 9:46am On Dec 10, 2016
Solo gerrare
Re: I Was Quoted Out Of Context About Falcons – Dalung by baybeeboi: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2016
Na wao
Re: I Was Quoted Out Of Context About Falcons – Dalung by baybeeboi: 10:07am On Dec 10, 2016
EdifiedCEO:

Dalung described the government's commitment to supporting the Falcons as overwhelming, saying "That explains why the Vice President himself had to abandon his tight schedule to visit the players in camp. That is evidence of preparations for victory."

The minister said the Federal Government was prepared because it had records of the antecedents of the performance of the players.

Commited and prepared but without bonuses and allowances.

So surprising that it took almost a year to come up with a man as this as minister.

Coming uo i used to think adults are good thinkers and talkers.
Re: I Was Quoted Out Of Context About Falcons – Dalung by Douglaufuoma(m): 10:16am On Dec 10, 2016
I know he will deny it, is it not APC. found of denying everything, so y una no prepare wait for them.
Re: I Was Quoted Out Of Context About Falcons – Dalung by jacabi(m): 11:40am On Dec 10, 2016
I don't know why this man is sport minister. To me, the position of sport minister should go to one of those people that have represent this country in one sport or the other. Same goes to NFF officials.
They cannot pay player allowances but they can afford private jet to Cameroon. They can't miss their huge allowances for a month, but they can deny these players their token allowances. Very bad of them.
#DalungMustGo
Re: I Was Quoted Out Of Context About Falcons – Dalung by Smellymouth: 1:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
I have never wished any man ill-luck in my life but I sincerely from the bottom of my heart wish this man sleeps and not wake up..

This man is not even qualified to be sport prefect in secondary school,how is this mad nitwit still allowed to be sports Minister?

He disgraced us during and after the Olympics,told Nigerian Athletes that they don't need to train to be champions..

Later we go dey vex for people when change nationality when Nigeria is just a false state..

As a Nigerian, I am so so ashamed..He sit down for office dey receive millions of Naira, while people when sweat, suffer and train tirelessly to win a trophy nor go get anything..

DIE by thunder, foolish man..And may the same thunder fire Amaju Pinnick(with his burnt and twisted face like roasted bole) and the useless animal when put you for office..

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Quoted Out Of Context About Falcons – Dalung by JingoOAU(m): 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
I watched the said press conference cum meeting with the president yesterday.

He neither deny the said statement nor said he didn't say it

That man is very useless and I mean it

He should tell tell the whole world exactly what he said and stop this macabre dance

(1) (Reply)

Jersey County: Order For Your Customized ,authentic Club And Country Jerseys. / Tyson Fury Sent Strong Message To Boxing Fan / I Don’t Care About Costa’s Future – Conte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.