Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Information On Traveling by Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information On Traveling by Road (1771 Views)

Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road / Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus / Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information On Traveling by Road by PayBoyXclusives(m): 11:38am On Dec 10, 2016
Am planning to go on a road tour across African countries, going towards the southern part of Africa. Am moving from Nigeria to Swaziland with this route Nigeria->Cameroon->Congo->DR Congo->Angola->Namibia->South Africa->Lesotho->Swaziland.

Am going with just my passport, few clothes, master card ATM and cash at hand. Please can I get buses or cars connecting each of this African countries while going and I want to spend at least 3days in each country.

Please how tough are their boarders and without a visa can i go through maybe by paying some cash at their boarders or any other available means? I like adventures and I want to do this asap.

If you have any useful information i need to know before embarking on this trip kindly share. Share your experiences too if you have ever done this before.

Please No Criticism or Insults, Let's just share our opinion. AM AN ADVENTURER
Re: Information On Traveling by Road by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 11, 2016
to many views no comment #i.spread. mat
Re: Information On Traveling by Road by PayBoyXclusives(m): 6:22am On Dec 25, 2016
going for it angry
Re: Information On Traveling by Road by chnovpaul(m): 1:11am On Jan 02, 2017
PayBoyXclusives:
going for it angry

What you plan to do is something that many Nigerians see as almost impossible, because they have never thought of that. But you can prove them wrong. It's actually a cool decision, especially if you have the guts to see it through.

I can't say much myself, as I haven't gone down that road before. But nothing is impossible, never forget that.

Most of those countries on your list require that you get a visa before arrival. That's going to make the journey a bit difficult if you don't get the visas before getting to their borders. It's unlike W. Africa where you can easily scale through borders without a visa. I remembered I once attempted a tour from Kenya to S. Africa with a company. They told me that the only country that accepted visa on arrival from a Nigerian was Kenya. All others required visa before arrival. That was 3 years ago though. Don't know what the present regulations are.

As regards routes and places to visit, you can check lonelyplanet.com

I am presently planning a trip across W. Africa. It's a bit easier going towards that direction, plus, it's also massive fun. Hope to do that before the end of the first half of 2017.

All the best with your trip, whenever you get to it.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Examples Of Japanese Etiquette That Would Drive Us Crazy / Here Are Pictures From My 48-hour Trip To Ibadan, The City Of Brown Roofs / Schengen States issued 14.3m visas for short stay in 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.