Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,499 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads (22125 Views)

How To Bid For Cars On Nigerian Customs Service E-Auction Website / Reasons Why Driverless Cars May Never Work In Nigeria / Driverless Cars 2016/2017 - Asdeenvibez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
Thats how someone told me 6 years ago in the Uk that internet banking will not work in Nigeria.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by samwayne154(m): 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
guys check my signature and thank me later
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2016
wellmax:
But come o If driverless cars commit traffic offences, who do you arrest?
the car itself na.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by kmaxx(m): 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2016
wellmax:

The owner. Or betterstill me!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Sparkz52: 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2016
rattlesnake:
Because Nigerians are too spiritual
hw do u know dat
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Raheemzee(m): 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2016
mosho2good:
It won't work on this buhari era
on? Guy wch sch u go biko
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by nothingspoil70: 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
Point number 5. Uche will ruin the car with fake spare parts

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by CuteTj(m): 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
wellmax:
Just impound the car by putting stone in front of the tires thereby preventing it from moving then bring a rickety towing van to tow it to their yard and the owner will surface immediately.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by blackprowler: 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
We are calling countries for cutting-edge experiments, you're calling Nigeria? Nigeria is a jungle where things are dumped after being verified and used
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by godunia(m): 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
Work or not, I can't imagine sitting in a car without driver. Abeg where I de go
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by shumuel(m): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2016
Donald3d:

Image credit:Popular Mechanics

The whole world is going gaga about driverless or self-driving cars and how cool they are .Nigerians especially have affinity for luxury and using the latest technology especially when it comes to cars .
Today we would be giving you seven reasons why driverless cars won't just work here in Naija .

1.Law Enforcement Agencies

We all know how unlawful our law enforcement agencies can be at times grin.They stop cars for no just cause.Its really going to cause a lot of trouble when your car gets flagged down and it doesn't stop,driverless cars has no respect for NPF and LASTMA grin .

You would be surprised they would arrest the car for disobidience and ask you to pay N50K before you can get your car back grin

2.Danfo Drivers

If driverless cars eventually become popular in Nigeria there is no doubt that cities like Lagos ,Port Harcourt,and Abuja would be dominated by them.Then comes the problem of Danfo Drivers and other drivers that have no chill.Your poor driverless car which would get "confused" as a result of countless unexpected overtaking is going to get seriously bashed ,plus insults grin .

kikiki Lol grin believe you me, those cars would turn to agbero in one week

3.Bad Roads

Driverless cars are programmed and where they come from there are little or no pot holes , so except your car is customized with an additional NPHDS(Naija Pot Hole Defense System),O.Y.O is your case shocked .

R I P to the cars grin

4.Traffic Lights

Driverless cars depend on traffic lights to know when to stop at junctions etc.This is going to be a big problem in Nigeria where, in some places we have humans as traffic light .

kikiki Lol grin LWKM ooo

5.Mechanics

Hold on.... I know there are ,learned,accredited ,experienced and reputable car mechanics in Nigeria, but how many of them are available and affordable .Waheedi is going to be messing some peoples car up, case closed cool .

Kazeem would just reap the car apart, once again RIP

6.Cost

I know there are rich folks in Nigeria that can afford it initially ,but as a result of all the aforementioned, you are going to be spending a whole lot as a result of constant bashing, on repairs and maintenance cry .

Car jacking would take over

7.Hackers

I could have easily let this slide , but naaah .Whether you agree to it or not, Naija still has a long way to go when it comes to Cyber Security,and whether you also agree to it or not we have some good hackers here.So if you plan on buying a self driving car don't offend any programmer else you would meet your car swimming under Third Mainland Bridge grin .

You'll need to watch the movie I.T to understand this one, Lagoon straight, just don't offend the Lagos Obas grin wink
Hope you guys had fun reading this , is there anything you would like to add ,kindly comment.
Also don't forget to share !!!.

https://autojosh.com/7-reasons-why-driverless-cars-wont-work-on-nigerian-roads/
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by KAHNUL(m): 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
AND SO??
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Richy4(m): 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2016
Does GPS actually work in most states in Nigeria? I only heard it work in Abuja and Lagos
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by engrhorla(m): 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ohhhh God

Op, I said ko le werk rara

Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by MizTyna(f): 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lol! The hacking part made me laugh. If your exes are from Benin city na on top one iroko tree you go see am the next day. Spiritual hacking
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by iluvpomo(m): 6:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
The focus should be on stable electricity and water supply first.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by thesicilian: 7:09pm On Dec 10, 2016
Donald3d:

The whole world is going gaga about driverless or self-driving cars and how cool they are .Nigerians especially have affinity for luxury and using the latest technology especially when it comes to cars .
Today we would be giving you seven reasons why driverless cars won't just work here in Naija .

We all know how unlawful our law enforcement agencies can be at times grin.They stop cars for no just cause.Its really going to cause a lot of trouble when your car gets flagged down and it doesn't stop,driverless cars has no respect for NPF and LASTMA grin .

2.Danfo Drivers

If driverless cars eventually become popular in Nigeria there is no doubt that cities like Lagos ,Port Harcourt,and Abuja would be dominated by them.Then comes the problem of Danfo Drivers and other drivers that have no chill.Your poor driverless car which would get "confused" as a result of countless unexpected overtaking is going to get seriously bashed ,plus insults grin .

3.Bad Roads

Driverless cars are programmed and where they come from there are little or no pot holes , so except your car is customized with an additional NPHDS(Naija Pot Hole Defense System),O.Y.O is your case shocked .

4.Traffic Lights

Driverless cars depend on traffic lights to know when to stop at junctions etc.This is going to be a big problem in Nigeria where, in some places we have humans as traffic light .

5.Mechanics

Hold on.... I know there are ,learned,accredited ,experienced and reputable car mechanics in Nigeria, but how many of them are available and affordable .Waheedi is going to be messing some peoples car up, case closed cool .

6.Cost

I know there are rich folks in Nigeria that can afford it initially ,but as a result of all the aforementioned, you are going to be spending a whole lot as a result of constant bashing, on repairs and maintenance cry .

7.Hackers

I could have easily let this slide , but naaah .Whether you agree to it or not, Naija still has a long way to go when it comes to Cyber Security,and whether you also agree to it or not we have some good hackers here.So if you plan on buying a self driving car don't offend any programmer else you would meet your car swimming under Third Mainland Bridge grin .

Hope you guys had fun reading this , is there anything you would like to add ,kindly comment.

Is it just me, or is this post downright hilarious? Hahaha

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 10, 2016
maybe in 200 years, when these useless nigerian generations are all gone.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Donald3d(m): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lizzyfroshey:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

One fair olosho for you opp
ahhh i no dey there o grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by peaceonearth(m): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2016
godunia:
Work or not, I can't imagine sitting in a car without driver. Abeg where I de go

grin Going to heaven perhaps. grin Scary to even imagine on Nigerian roads. When the car crashes and one dies, no one will even mourn. You will hear things like: ''Ayo lo paa'', ''O yo tan, o wa nwa bekun bekun kiri ni''. Some will even say the person was under a spell cos no black man will risk his life like that naturally. grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Donald3d(m): 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
MizTyna:
Lol! The hacking part made me laugh. If your exes are from Benin city na on top one iroko tree you go see am the next day. Spiritual hacking
hahahaha grin grin grin grin, ma'am how are you na , how is our babay , i am loading a driverless car for him oooo tongue tongue tongue cool cool cool
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Donald3d(m): 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
AZeD1:
OP should research more on self driving cars before writing articles about them.
Any thing i said wrong ?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Donald3d(m): 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
thesicilian:

Is it just me, or is this post downright hilarious? Hahaha
My articles are always intended to be educative and entertaining , hunger and suffering is too mush and pipo are not smiling any more , i am happy you enjoyed ya sef grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Princewell2012(m): 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
wandeay:
Danfo drivers fit jam that kin car intentionally

Good point. That was the angle i was only looking at it. Does it have a way of dulging or avoiding an incoming car, should incase someone wanted to hit you intentionally? If the answer is no, hmmm, then it can work here. Nigerians are too wicked.

I know what am talking about.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by HtwoOw: 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2016
martineverest:
it will work wella.....self-driven cars are conditioned to avoid accidents and obey traffic rules.they are more patient than nigerians drivers,who are suffering from ADHD.the more the number of driverless cars,the lesser d number of accidents

Hehehe you go send your car go market, until one week before he reach, na that patience go kill am,

Nigerian Road every driver dey Craze grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by MizTyna(f): 7:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
Donald3d:
hahahaha grin grin grin grin, ma'am how are you na , how is our babay , i am loading a driverless car for him oooo tongue tongue tongue cool cool cool

Lol! He's okay, thanks. I'm fine too
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Goldenheart(m): 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
why do I need an umanned vehicle
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by MozB: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
Judging from most of your points, Op are you saying this car doesnt stop until it reaches it destination? Cos if it is, i think not only Nigeria has this problems you've mentioned
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by lonelydora: 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
laughing at Point 3
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by femiaji: 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
Driverless cars are a million light years away from Nigeria. Stop dreaming about it. Naija is still in the 17th Century with everything. Driverless ko, Driverfull ni

Donald3d:

2.Danfo Drivers

3.Bad Roads

4.Traffic Lights

5.Mechanics

6.Cost

7.Hackers

Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Wryhder: 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
Just imagine some of our elderly grandparents in a driverless car.
That is, if they gree enter.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Driverless Cars Won't Work On Nigerian Roads by Donald3d(m): 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
MozB:
Judging from most of your points, Op are you saying this car doesnt stop until it reaches it destination? Cos if it, i think not only Nigeria has this problems you've mentioned
Well ...let me put it this way,driverless cars have sensors so they stop when approaching an obstacle,but its going to have a problem when it has various obstacles (like 5 danfo buses) trying to overtake and manoeuvre at the same time, so its going to get "confused" and depending on the way the algorithm is programed it might decide to keep driving or just stop completely to avoid being hit and the stopping would be too instant leading to a bashing most likely from the back.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kings Autos Is REAL & GENUINE... See PROOF Inside! / Swap Your Cars in a Here!!! / Universal Bluetooth Car FM Transmitter With USB Charger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.