Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Tolu And Ayo: Brothers Thrilling The World Of Art! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Tolu And Ayo: Brothers Thrilling The World Of Art! (1793 Views)

Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) / An Exhibition Of Art Work By 3 Young Ethiopian Women / A mesmerizing work of art by a Nairalander! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tolu And Ayo: Brothers Thrilling The World Of Art! by Paveafrica: 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
Tolu and Ayo Bintu are two brothers adding more colour to art in Lagos and beyond. We had an exciting chat with them recently. Read and enjoy…

Please, introduce yourselves

I am Dr Binutu Tolu and my brother is Ayokanmi Binutu. We are the founders of Pencils n Brushes Artworks (also known as PnB), a visual art and design company based in Lagos, Nigeria. We are from Ogun State, even though we have lived in Lagos all our lives. I studied Medicine in University of Lagos while Kanmi studied Economics (at the same university) before bagging a Masters degree from Leeds University Business School in the UK. At heart though, we are both visual artists.

We understand you offer a variety of services, can you mention them please?

At Pencils n Brushes Artworks, we create visual art. We make Pencil drawings, paintings, Handmade cards (we call them Gift Cards), graphic design. We also do speed paintings at occasions and events. We do our best to create visual art that has meaning.

At what moment did you guys decide to harness your skills and form Pencils ‘n’ Brushes Artworks?

Art is one thing that came naturally to us. I know this may sound cliché, but my brother and I have been dabbling into various visual art forms since we were kids. Name it, we have tried it: drawing on walls, paper cuttings, wet clay, designing comics, drawing, painting and so on. And we got better as the years passed. Eventually, we decided to come together, merge our strengths and see how far we could go as a team. That is how it all started.

“The Hive” is a fantastic initiative, what was the vision behind it?

Thank you for your kind words! The hive is something we are very excited about. It is our art school and was borne of a desire to educate and empower artists. Its mission is clear; we are interested in improving the standard of art in our environment, by helping artists become the best versions of themselves.

It is designed to teach various methods and media of expression. In addition to these goals, we seek to change any self-destructive mindset in the artist and help the artist realize that he/she is a professional. The hive will also teach business principles that will help the artist earn a living from his craft.

How do you deal with customer dissatisfaction?

We hardly have dissatisfied customers and here is why: In everything we do, we ensure that there is a blend of creativity and professionalism. When designing or creating art based on a client’s order, we use a client-centric approach. This means that we ensure the client is involved every step of the way, in the production of the artwork or design. We take the client through the entire process.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?

Oh, that’s simple: Time is always on the move. You have to be just as fast and as consistent as time, to become (and to remain) your best self.

What are your long term goals?

To build Pencils n Brushes Artworks into the biggest player in the Art and Design Industry.

What are your thoughts on what we do here at Pave Africa?

I believe you guys are doing a good job. And you have an eye for quality too, that’s why you chose to talk to us. *laughs*. Really though, you are a voice that’s hard to ignore. Keep it up!

At Pave Africa, we're doing our bit towards promoting African creative entrepreneurs.

Please, find the full interview and much more by visiting: http://paveafrica.com/pnbartworks-redefining-art-in-lagos-and-beyond/

Re: Tolu And Ayo: Brothers Thrilling The World Of Art! by Paveafrica: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
Former President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo delighted to see a live sketch of himself made by PnBArtworks.

Re: Tolu And Ayo: Brothers Thrilling The World Of Art! by Paveafrica: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
Tolu Oniru-Demuren aka Toolz holding her potrait.

Re: Tolu And Ayo: Brothers Thrilling The World Of Art! by Paveafrica: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
Pencil portrait of Ice Prince Zamani.

Re: Tolu And Ayo: Brothers Thrilling The World Of Art! by DerrickM(m): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
Great post,I got to know them through a friend who attended their classes & I now follow them on social media.
Have to plan towards attending ASAP*winks winks*

1 Like

Re: Tolu And Ayo: Brothers Thrilling The World Of Art! by Paveafrica: 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
DerrickM:
Great post,I got to know them through a friend who attended their classes & I now follow them on social media.
Have to plan towards attending ASAP*winks winks*

Hi Derrick,
Interestingly, a friend of the house also recommended them to us and we found their works truly impressive!

You may follow us on Social Media too @paveafrica
wink
Re: Tolu And Ayo: Brothers Thrilling The World Of Art! by DerrickM(m): 2:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ok

Paveafrica:

Hi Derrick,
Interestingly, a friend of the house also recommended them to us and we found their works truly impressive!

You may follow us on Social Media too @paveafrica
wink

(1) (Reply)

My Latest Pencil Drawing / Free Number Plate / Learn Character And Video Animation For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.