Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars (873 Views)

Angry Youths In Plateau Attack Fulani Settlement, Raze Down 23 Houses, Mosque / Four Yahoo Boys Arrested By EFCC In Abuja, Phones, Laptops And 2 Cars Recovered / Imo Poly Student Steals 2 Cars, Use Cash To 'sort Result' And Girlfriend (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars by irepnaija4eva(m): 11:52am On Dec 11, 2016
Suspected Ijaw youths behead Urhobo indigene; raze 2 houses, 2 cars
Suspected ISecurity agents take over Ogbe-Ijoh, Aladja

By Emma Amaize

WARRI- SUSPECTED Ijaw youths, weekend, shot and cut off the head of an Urhobo youth residing at Aladja, Udu Local Government Area, James Oghenekparabor Elvis, in revenge of penultimate Friday’s beheading of an Ogbe-Ijoh carpenter, Samson Bebebo.

The armed youths, who stormed Aladja on Friday, also razed two houses and two cars. Earlier report indicated that the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Ovwian-Aladja , led mobile policemen to repel the offensive, but the outcome showed the contrary.

The Urhobo boy that was beheaded hailed from Eyara town in Ughelli South local government area, but his mother, an Aladja native, is the daughter of late Chief Tabuuko from Ujevwu town in Udu local government area.

Chairman of the Delta Waterways and Land Security Committee, DWLSC, Warri, Chief Boro Opudu, told Vanguard when contacted on phone: “What happened was very unfortunate, we were working on peace and just when we thought peace had come, this incident happened. We are investigating to know why it happened and who perpetrated it.”

“The government has already deployed security agents to the two communities, they have taken over the two communities already,” he added.

An Urhobo youth leader, who spoke to Vanguard on the attack, said: “Before the police mobilized to the scene, the deed had been done, the mobile policemen stationed there did not make any move, they killed the boy (James) just one pole distance from where the police were sitting. They shot him before cutting off his head.”

It was gathered that Aladja youths, who were initially guarding their community were caught unawares, as they believe there was no more trouble after Ogbe-Ijoh and Aladja signed a peace accord.

But, some youths of Ogbe-Ijoh, who fingered Aladja for the beheading of Bebebo, penultimate Friday, did not mince words that they would retaliate.

Our source said: “Based on the peace accord, Aladja youths were no longer guarding in the day time as they used to, in fact, the youths were all at a party at the opening ceremony of a hotel within Aladja. All these happened because they have embraced peace. However, the peace process has now been scuttled.”

“Aladja community has lost confidence in the police, we want them to leave so that we can guide and help ourselves.

“The implication of this is that the crisis may escalate, Ogbe-Ijoh and Isaba planned the attack same time, they passed through both ends,” he said.

An Ogbe-Ijoh leader contacted by Vanguard on Sunday morning said he was not aware of the incident and promised to investigate.
Re: Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars by irepnaija4eva(m): 11:53am On Dec 11, 2016
Which way Nigeria?
Re: Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars by LegendaryArnold(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2016
Pictures or I don't believe undecided
Re: Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2016
Tonyebarcanista people are just too violent in nature. Ijaw! Chaii
Re: Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars by irepnaija4eva(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
Re: Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars by ojun50(m): 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
LegendaryArnold:
Pictures or I don't believe undecided

is there any tin that u hv ever believe
Re: Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
Largas:
Tonyebarcanista people are just too violent in nature. Ijaw! Chaii
I am sure you didn't skip this

WARRI- SUSPECTED Ijaw youths, weekend, shot and cut off the head of an Urhobo youth residing at Aladja, Udu Local Government Area, James Oghenekparabor Elvis, in revenge of penultimate Friday’s beheading of an Ogbe-Ijoh carpenter, Samson Bebebo.

Anyway, as long as it is them-them that are killing themselves and not innocent Ijaw or Urhobo people, I have no sympathy. In fact, let the thugs continue to kill themselves
Re: Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars by LegendaryArnold(m): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
ojun50:

is there any tin that u hv ever believe
yes in God and your gbags
Re: Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I am sure you didn't skip this

Anyway, as long as it is them-them that are killing themselves and not innocent Ijaw or Urhobo people, I have no sympathy. In fact, let the thugs continue to kill themselves

Nawao. Niger Delta Republic go bl00dy die!grin
Re: Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
Largas:

Nawao. Niger Delta Republic go bl00dy die!grin
I might go into coffin business kol
Re: Suspected Ijaw Youths Behead Urhobo Indigene; Raze 2 Houses, 2 Cars by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I might go into coffin business kol

gringringrin you go hammer die. Plenty militants go need coffin.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Handle This Scammer? / When You Think You Have Seen It All / Types Of Nigerian Ritual Kidnappers And Ritual Killers 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.