Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. (3379 Views)

Abel Mwelwa: Zambian Priest Suspended After Married Lover Died In His House / Burial Of Father Cosmas Ahamefula Ekwuribe Who Died In His Sleep / Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
There has been a lot of Mixed reactions and feelings since this gory avoidable incident took away calmness from the hearts of many when carelessness and lack of construction ethics caused something ever so avoidable to snuff out precious lives.

This is not the time though to apportion blames as that would happen naturally later. However this is time to rally around the living and offer them comfort and a shoulder to lean on.

However while we do that i would like to drop this short tribute to those who left us yesterday in Akwa Ibom.

We were plus 60.

Before December 10th, we would wake up with a list of “Don’t Forgets”
Don’t forget to wash your face
Don’t forget to brush your teeth
Don’t forget to do your homework
Don’t forget to wear your jacket
Don’t forget to clean your room
Don’t forget to take a bath

After December 10th, we wake up with a list of “Remembers”
Remember to greet the sun each morning
Remember to enjoy every meal
Remember to thank your parents for their hard work
Remember to honor those who keep you safe
Remember to value each person you meet
Remember to respect other’s beliefs

Now we are minus 60

May God give their families the fortitude to bear the losses. We thank God for the lives they lived regardless of how short it was....we are consoled that LIFE WAS LIVED before death!

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.” – Ecclesiastes.

PS: Can we please drop all sentiments and arguments aside and just drop a few kind words for the families and children left behind! Its a time to bond and not to further divide.

Mynd44, lalasticlala, seun can we get more input from people via the front page?

[img]http://3.bp..com/-fY4GQCsw1oI/VSyOefq-RRI/AAAAAAAAA0w/uiwyeG4wdQs/s1600/rip-quotes.jpg[/img]

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by madridguy(m): 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
RIP to them all.
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by felixomor: 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
I pray God give their families the strength to bear, in Jesus name, amen
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by fmniky(m): 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
May God give their families fortitude to bear the losses. RlP

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
fmniky:
May God give their families fortitude to bear the losses.
RlP

Amen
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
felixomor:

Amen bro
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by jonbellion(m): 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
Thier families are in my thoughts
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Martinez19(m): 11:11am On Dec 19, 2016
felixomor:
that strength could have been given to the church building tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by JUDASiskariot: 11:14am On Dec 19, 2016
Your god was nowhere to be found when the crash happened undecided

Very useless god

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Martinez19(m): 11:21am On Dec 19, 2016
JUDASiskariot:

Very useless god
when good things happen to you, they say God's favour is upon you, but when a Christian dies untimely, they will say God gives and takes or he knows best or he can't be questioned. Just negodu undecided

A preacher that can't predict simple election, how can he forsee disaster like this?

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by JUDASiskariot: 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2016
Martinez19:
when good things happen to you, they say God's favour is upon you, but when a Christian dies untimely, they will say God gives and takes or he knows best or he can't be questioned. Just negodu undecidedA preacher that can't predict simple election, how can he forsee disaster like this?

That's shows how fake the Christian god is.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Kendzyma(m): 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2016
So no pastor in Nigeria could actually bring back any of the dead people?.. Why have top pastors suddenly gone mute over this matter...?...are they not the ones telling their members they can wake d dead or move a rock by just having faith?...now this a real life event devoid of any form of staging, yet they are no where to be found.
4everGod,leave this tribute and put a smile on a family's face by waking even just one of them since u claim u understand how God works.

5 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Martinez19(m): 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
JUDASiskariot:

That's shows how fake the Christian god is.
if there is a God, he has a lot of explaining to do and a lot of questions to answer. Somebody is so great in the whole universe and yet people are still doubting your existence. Show yourself to people.
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Martinez19(m): 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
Kendzyma:
So no pastor in Nigeria could actually bring back any of the dead people?.. Why have top pastors suddenly gone mute over this matter...?...are they not the ones telling their members they can wake d dead or move a rock by just having faith?...now this a real life event devoid of any form of staging, yet they are no where to be found.
4everGod,leave this tribute and put a smile on a family's face by waking even just one of them since u claim u understand how God works.
when christians die these days, none think about raising the dead. The so called faith doesn't work, if it did we would all know because poverty and all forms of human suffering will be handled by faith.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Kendzyma(m): 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2016
Martinez19:
when christians die these days, none think about raising the dead. The so called faith doesn't work, if it did we would all know because poverty and all forms of human suffering will be handled by faith.
Even there top pastors and some Christians knows about this but are just scared to face the reality because of d fear of hell.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Kendzyma(m): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2016
To the Christians out there,please let's be very careful when attending any church program.This event clearly shows there's nothing any1 can do to bring u back from d dead.don't be overwhelmed by the thought of an imaginary saviour out there and lose ur life while waiting for d savior.please any pastor that's perceived to be doing any unhealthy thing and portraying it as a miracle to you should be reported or be avoided.
Remember you are our brothers and sisters,we care about you.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by JUDASiskariot: 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
Martinez19:
if there is a God, he has a lot of explaining to do and a lot of questions to answer. Somebody is so great in the whole universe and yet people are still doubting your existence. Show yourself to people.

There certainly is the existence of a supreme creator that we don't know yet or maybe we can't know. Perhaps he doesn't intervene in our universe. The Christian God in all ramifications is not.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Martinez19(m): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
Kendzyma:
Even there top pastors and some Christians knows about this but are just scared to face the reality because of d fear of hell.
the people that formulated religion are smart. Fool people and cage them with the fear of hell.
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Anas09: 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
4everGod:
There has been a lot of Mixed reactions and feelings since this gory avoidable incident took away calmness from the hearts of many when carelessness and lack of construction ethics caused something ever so avoidable to snuff out precious lives.

This is not the time though to apportion blames as that would happen naturally later. However this is time to rally around the living and offer them comfort and a shoulder to lean on.

However while we do that i would like to drop this short tribute to those who left us yesterday in Akwa Ibom.

We were plus 60.

Before December 10th, we would wake up with a list of “Don’t Forgets”
Don’t forget to wash your face
Don’t forget to brush your teeth
Don’t forget to do your homework
Don’t forget to wear your jacket
Don’t forget to clean your room
Don’t forget to take a bath

After December 10th, we wake up with a list of “Remembers”
Remember to greet the sun each morning
Remember to enjoy every meal
Remember to thank your parents for their hard work
Remember to honor those who keep you safe
Remember to value each person you meet
Remember to respect other’s beliefs

Now we are minus 60

May God give their families the fortitude to bear the losses. We thank God for the lives they lived regardless of how short it was....we are consoled that LIFE WAS LIVED before death!

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.” – Ecclesiastes.

PS: Can we please drop all sentiments and arguments aside and just drop a few kind words for the families and children left behind! Its a time to bond and not to further divide.

Mynd44, lalasticlala, seun can we get more input from people via the front page?

[img]http://3.bp..com/-fY4GQCsw1oI/VSyOefq-RRI/AAAAAAAAA0w/uiwyeG4wdQs/s1600/rip-quotes.jpg[/img]
Oh Dear.
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Martinez19(m): 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
JUDASiskariot:

There certainly is the existence of a supreme creator that we don't know yet or maybe we can't know. Perhaps he doesn't intervene in our universe. The Christian God in all ramifications is not.
I am not impressed with the christian God, I am disappointed in him. Christians give him credit for everything good in their lives. You treat medicine, it works and you say thank God undecided

What this tells us is that Christians are not loved by God or priotized by him. This is a slip up of psalm 91.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Martinez19(m): 2:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:

Oh Dear.
it could have been you. So sad God could not intervene, what is his excuse? Is it his will, mysterious plan or what?

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Anas09: 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
Martinez19:
when good things happen to you, they say God's favour is upon you, but when a Christian dies untimely, they will say God gives and takes or he knows best or he can't be questioned. Just negodu undecided

A preacher that can't predict simple election, how can he forsee disaster like this?
Oh Dear, you are a heartless soul.

In a time and place such as this you bring this up?

May you never find anyone to stand by you in your time of grief. May you receive exactly what you give to others, in the name of Jesus i pray.
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Martinez19(m): 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:

May you never find anyone to stand by you in your time of grief. May you receive exactly what you give to others, in the name of Jesus i pray.
why curse me when you can pray for me? Is it in the nature of Christ to curse? It's like you don't understand that it could have been you. Are you any different from those christians? Does God love you more than them? Why could God not prevent this from happening to his children. Is he incapable?

Think Anas09 think, it could have been you. This is not funny. And please, never speak ill of me. Mtewwwwwww.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by JUDASiskariot: 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:

The name of Jesus that doesn't protect his own you are calling for your bad wishes for him? Well Jesus can go bleep himself.

RIP to the dead, but bleep the Christian God for not saving them from dying.

4 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Anas09: 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
JUDASiskariot:

Very useless god
Psalm 74:10-11,18,21-23

O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?
Psalm:74:10

Why withdrawest thou thy hand, even thy right hand? pluck it out of thy bosom.
Psalm:74:11

Remember this, that the enemy hath reproached, O LORD, and that the foolish people have blasphemed thy name.
Psalm:74:18

O let not the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name.
Psalm:74:21

Arise, O God, plead thine own cause: remember how the foolish man reproacheth thee daily.
Psalm:74:22

Forget not the voice of thine enemies: the tumult of those that rise up against thee increaseth continually.
Psalm:74:23

You seed of satan, i set the very demons taking your body as host agaisnt you.

They shall tear you apart and turn out naked on the streets. From the dustbin you shall find your food.

Since you like evil, let evil never leave you day or night.

I pray in Jesus name.
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Anas09: 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2016
JUDASiskariot:

The name of Jesus that doesn't protect his own you are calling for your bad wishes for him? Well Jesus can go bleep himself.

RIP to the dead, but bleep the Christian God for not saving them from dying.
Ok.
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Anas09: 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2016
Martinez19:
why curse me when you can pray for me? Is it in the nature of Christ to curse? It's like you don't understand that it could have been you. Are you any different from those christians? Does God love you more than them? Why could God not prevent this from happening to his children. Is he incapable?

Think Anas09 think, it could have been you. This is not funny. And please, never speak ill of me. Mtewwwwwww.
The same demons inside of you shall turn agaisnt you.
Am not calling God agasnt you. Am invoking the same demons you stand for to insult God to fight and tear you apart, and it shall happen.

They shall turn out naked on the streets and no one will be able to help you.

The only help you could get, you fight against. Get ready.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Martinez19(m): 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:

The same demons inside of you shall turn agaisnt you.
Am not calling God agasnt you. Am invoking the same demons you stand for to insult God to fight and tear you apart, and it shall happen.

They shall turn out naked on the streets and no one will be able to help you.

The only help you could get, you fight against. Get ready.
you are not serious, why don't you involke the spirit of God to raise the dead? Are you more confident in demons? Raising those people from death is more important and no pastor is talking about it. Mtewwwwwww. Don't let me slap you.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Martinez19(m): 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:

O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?

Remember this, that the enemy hath reproached, O LORD, and that the foolish people have blasphemed thy name.

Arise, O God, plead thine own cause: remember how the foolish man reproacheth thee daily.

Forget not the voice of thine enemies: the tumult of those that rise up against thee increaseth continually.

They shall tear you apart and turn out naked on the streets. From the dustbin you shall find your food.

I pray in Jesus name.

you curse a lot and that is barbaric. I thought the Holy Spirit lives inside christians mtewwwwwww.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Anas09: 3:12pm On Dec 19, 2016
Martinez19:
it could have been you. So sad God could not intervene, what is his excuse? Is it his will, mysterious plan or what?
You fear death becos you are agasint God.

If you were away from you father, and you know the means you need to go through to be with your father will you feel bad when you go through that means?

So when Christ finally comes and careless Christians miss rapture you will blame Christ?

To us believers, Death is not a bad thing, its just a right of passage to our father. He is expecting us home.

Here is what the Bible says

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
Psalm:116:15

What did the Bible say? Watch and pray, for you know not when the Master shall return.
To them, their master has returned.

We ought to be ready at all times.

Keep your mouth shut if you dont know these things. You have brough a curse on yourself.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:

I pray in Jesus name.

Accept my SYMPATHY.

Perhaps when we STOP being A COUNTRY OF HYPOCRITES we will get things right.

Almost everybody is a CHEAT..............ITS THE TRAINNING WE ARE PAYING TO GET FROM SCHOOLS MOST OF ALL THIS DAYS.

CHEAT! CHEAT!! CHEAT!!!..........in the end NOTHING is working in Nigeria. A country of HYPOCRITES.

Architects are not TRUELY architects..............Doctors are not TRUELY doctors........................It goes on.

What a country of HYPOCRITES!!!
Re: A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. by Martinez19(m): 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:

You fear death becos you are agasint God.

If you were away from you father, and you know the means you need to go through to be with your father will you feel bad when you go through that means?

So when Christ finally comes and careless Christians miss rapture you will blame Christ?

To us believers, Death is not a bad thing, its just a right of passage to our father. He is expecting us home.

Here is what the Bible says

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
Psalm:116:15

What did the Bible say? Watch and pray, for you know not when the Master shall return.
To them, their master has returned.

We ought to be ready at all times.

Keep your mouth shut if you dont know these things. You have brough a curse on yourself.

hey, death is not a bad thing but a passage to your father? shocked shocked nairalanders come and see o. How come you are not dead by now? Does God not except you home yet? He so much wants this people more than you? undecided how come christians all pray for long life? How ironic. What happened to "... With long life shall I will satisfy him..." psalm 91:16?

Early death is not a good thing my dear I hope and wish both of us will live to be old and you will see your great grandchildren. Not just me but everyone kiss smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rewards Of The Christian Life / School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem / Reflection/homily: Third (3rd) Sunday Of Lent Year C (march 3 2013)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.