Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:45 PM

Relationship Gist With My Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relationship Gist With My Mum (1255 Views)

Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? / I Bought My Mum A Convertible Sport (pics,vid) / My Elder Brother's Wife Beat My Mum (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Gist With My Mum by EniolaEwa(f): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
Our parents are funny,so I attended a friend of mine wedding party yesterday, as I was at the venue my mum called and she was like I should make sure I take a shot of the girl very well because she doesn't really know her,cause she stays in our street and she doesn't know the lady.
In my mind I said thank God she didn't start preaching to me about being careful of guys out there or time to come home. So I came back home and showed her the pictures,what she said next shocked me, she started saying its Good to get married early ,I should start praying seriously if possible start fasting, lol I started laughing I told her the girl is older than me with 2 years and I'm just 22 ....what she said next really shocked me, she said, Do I know when they started dating lol.
so I started laughing cause it was so funny, this is a woman that is so strict when it comes to my relationship with guys,if I pick a guys call in her presence, she will start shouting and preaching,telling me be done with your school go for your masters before thinking of a relationship, men are this men are that...lol nairalanders na only me follow come?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Gist With My Mum by thorpido(m): 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2016
Parents want you to go into a relationship when you are matured enough,they just want you to do it right and have the right person in your life.
Re: Relationship Gist With My Mum by Sunnymatey(m): 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
Now thats my problem with the female fold, they can't take a descision and stand by it, they are easily influence by happenings arround them. Why?
Re: Relationship Gist With My Mum by baby124: 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
Don't mind your mum. She has attended a marriage with a young woman in it and started day dreaming about how she will do your own marriage. It is a good advice though that you should start looking for a serious potential husband. She was also right to have prevented you from serious relationships at a young age as those only serve to derail your studies, cause disappointment and self esteem issues. Now that you are older you need to decide what kind of man you want to marry and start looking for what you want in a man. Remember to always practice safe sex sha if you go that route. Every woman looks to the day of the wedding for their children but they don't necessarily advice or think about what kind of spouse you are bringing home. That is the only thing I think she did not advice you on.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Gist With My Mum by EniolaEwa(f): 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
baby124:
Don't mind your mum. She has attended a marriage with a young woman in it and started day dreaming about how she will do your own marriage. It is a good advice though that you should start looking for a serious potential husband. She was also right to have prevented you from serious relationships at a young age as those only serve to derail your studies, cause disappointment and self esteem issues. Now that you are older you need to decide what kind of man you want to marry and start looking for what you want in a man. Remember to always practice safe sex sha if you go that route. Every woman looks to the day of the wedding for their children but they don't necessarily advice or think about what kind of spouse you are bringing home. That is the only thing I think she did not advice you on.
....yes you are so right tnx
Re: Relationship Gist With My Mum by ElsonMorali: 10:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
EniolaEwa:
....yes you are so right tnx

I don't think you should be bothered much about that. You're beautiful and I'm sure loads of guys will come your way. Don't rush into it.

Just be careful with the selection of a future mate. It's a make or mar affair.

I pray it makes you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Singer Dan-favour Bulaun Celebrates 10th Wedding Anniversary. / I Saw A Shooting Star And My Wish Come To Pass / Nigerian Pretty Girl Dies During Child Birth Weeks After Marriage" Friends React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.