Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,966 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Jhamal Interview With Kulichang - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jhamal Interview With Kulichang (872 Views)

Exclusive Interview With South African Rapper Aka / Exclusive Interview With Skul-feez A Nigerian-igbo Rapper As He Talked About How / Topmp3jamz.com Interview With Jahdiel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jhamal Interview With Kulichang by Olubukola01(m): 11:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
Today we have a talented artist with us here YOU know how we do it, this young man has done himself well with a couple of hit singles like Waya which took over the internet. The Kaduna base artist who’s is unstoppable and still making hit track JHAMAL I know most of you know him with HIS’TERIA lol, well a lot of secret unveil here in full details.

Name : Joshua Davids Ugbana

Stage Name : Jhamal , ( it used to be His’teria though, till I changed it lol).

1. IF I MAY ASK CAN YOU PLEASE TELL US YOUR GENRE OF MUSIC: My genre of music is corely urban and African music , like you have the urban day R&B sound and also am influenced by High-life and Afropop . I basically call it Urban/Afropop music because it incorporates all the different sides of me, the foreign side of me and the more African side of who i am, you would see it in my single, CELEBRATION which came out yesterday and subsequent music in future.

2. WHO INSPIRED OR WHAT INSPIRED YOU INTO DOING MUSIC: For me i know I grew up watching live shows and concerts of people like : Micheal Jackson, Usher , Destiny’s Child, Beyonce and Suuny Neji ..at the age of 8-9 i understood what it takes to create a whole show and production because I grew up with different sets of music styles, in my family we had people who where the hip-hop , Rnb, Pop and African lovers so I was in the middle so music came natural to me but watching the above-mentioned legends made me feel like “That’s what i wanna do for the rest of my life !! ”

3. RELATING TO YOUR PREVIOUS SINGLES WHAT WAS THE FEED BACK FROM YOUR FANS: Hmmm! Basically my music has always been out of the box and the way i write and sing has always been from an emotional spot in my heart like if you hear songs like : Waya , Baba God .. you would get what i mean. So yeah i decided to step out and start writing, i write about everything i see, hear or feel personally or i see . The last song was called Fimi sile which dwelt on an insecure relationship your in , the feedback was very 50/50 because my fans thought i was lost but i loved the feedback. it did depict growth. Once you step out to do things you have never done before , you get a different result,so it was great!

4. SO CAN YOU PLEASE TELL US THE SECRET WHAT UP AND WHAT PLANS DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE OR AN ALBUM COMING: Well I just drop a single yesterday and its a song that I am truly proud of, its a song that I really relate to and I believe it’s something my fans can relate to as well also because they have been with me for 5 years, I believe they have grown with me so I feel am part of them and God gave me an adequate team of people that fit my style and personality in business and music. The music created by Whyt Boi which I recently performed when I opened up for Femi Kuti in Abuja Nigeria and the reception on the song was great . Its good to create and enjoy music that you love : So CELEBRATION[https:///tJ1PpY] is the new song ..so go support it. {Haha)…

5. AT WHAT AGE DID YOU START SINGING OR KNOW THIS INDUSTRY IS FOR YOU: I did start singing at 10, that was when I was first pushed to join the choir in the children section at church. so at the age of 10, for that age I was pretty good, I think that was when the music and training and everything for me started off.

6. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THE NEXT 10YEARS, DO STILL SEE YOURSELF DOING MUSIC: WOW!! …. I still intend to create music , i love music, i live and breathe music .. and as long as fans and people remain consistent ..i will live my life making music for them and also for myself too.. both career and personal. I hope to be a music mogul …to raise other people and invest in them ..because for me a lot of people paved the way for me so why wouldn’t i want to pass the touch as a leader to help others realize their dreams..? .. i mean i don’t intend to have a record label and all that stuff but i see my self as a great Man, A great Husband , An incredible Father and An incredible Music Mogul.

7. WHAT DO YOU SEE YOURSELF DOING IF YOU WEREN’T DOING MUSIC: I probably would have my own Creative art and fashion line and management company. Again because i enjoy the mantle of being a mentor to raise and help people basically.

8. WHO ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO WORK WITH IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY: Well in Africa I look forward to working with 2face, his music is incredibly incredible Haha … Also Wizkid people don’t realize that He is an incredible singer, Seyi Shay has my heart.. i love her creativity, Yemi Alade, P-sqaure, Asa, King Sunny Ade , Sunny Neji and my Nigerian Music ICON Tiwa Savage . I pick these icons for reasons people will see when i get the platform to create music with them.

9. WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE TO GIVE TO UPCOMING ARTIST LIKE YOU: First of all Number 1 is PRAY and BELIEVE: Secondly, Anyone who wants to go into the music industry for fame and money, i would advice to go find another occupation because aside the glamour of the music, it is also called the music business and i don’t think people realize why it’s called the music business for a reason and that people come into it with a degree or an MBA or so .. so learn the business well , talent is great but skill is what we want to pay for. Also even then you do your best and it still does not work out, keep at it and always BELIEVE : That’s like the water to your seed ( The Talent ). So get a mentor to guide you, for me the person that guided me was Mr. Audu Makori. Also you can’t do it all alone, get a team of people to work with, be humble enough to learn and at the same time build up SELF-RESPECT.

OKAY LET’S GET PERSONAL WHO YOUR READY FOR THIS ONE LOL

10. SO ARE YOU IN A RELATIONSHIP NOW: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm………………!!!!!!! Am gonna leave it like this (HAHAHAHAHAHA)…..Am in a great place with the music by the way ……………(Hahaha) right now it’s CELEBRATION EVERYDAY……!!!! (HAHA).

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME..

Thank you! My pleasure!!

You can follow him on his social media:

Instagram: @officialJhamal

Twitter: @Officialjhamal

Re: Jhamal Interview With Kulichang by EbenzMedia: 12:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
Let us hype and promote your music by advertising it on facebook,instagram,youtube and twitter with social professional tools. Our ground breaking online music promotion provides an artiste or band all the publicity needed on the internet. We can also help you create a website if you don't have one,based on your request. To promote your music online with massive hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast or you already have a song online and you want us to hype the link to your song for you to generate more downloads and likes for your page,then call or whatsapp 07032617747 for more bookings and enquiries.

(1) (Reply)

USA Rapper Lil Wayne Announces That He Is Left With Only A Month To Live. This I / Watch Double Six Make A Hip Hop Beat In The Studio (video) / [download Mixtape] Smile Of Nature Events Releases New Mix Jam By Int. Dj Murphy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.