Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Is This Scamming Or What?? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is This Scamming Or What?? (977 Views)

2 Arrested In Ogun For Scamming Nigerians With Dollar-Washing Fraud / Woman Arrested For Scamming Ogun Church Of N100 Million (Photo) / White Lady Calls Out Nigerian Man For 'Scamming' Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Scamming Or What?? by preetypam(f): 10:27am On Dec 12, 2016
ok, here it goes

my cousin met a guy on facebook and they got talking its been over a month now...so the guy asked her if they could do video chatting and she told him that her phone cant do such

so he said that he will send her an iphone and a laptop that was happening last week and he said the items will be in nigeria on monday...he also her told her that he sent her his credit card worth of $400 that she is going to give the agent $100 as their fee.

so, today air express(abuja) contacted my cousin thru an sms asking her to call so so number...

Here is the catch.,she called the number and the guy she spoke to confirmed the items and she was asked for the password and other details which the facebook guy had already given her,,

she gave him everything and he then told her that she needs to pay in the equivalence of that $100 which is 46500 so that the items will be cleared from the airport
Re: Is This Scamming Or What?? by HQuadreal: 10:29am On Dec 12, 2016
Na Scam.

The reason is.

If the guy really want to help he should have paid for everything.

5 Likes

Re: Is This Scamming Or What?? by Gratefulsoul(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2016
Ancient scam... Tell your cousin not send anything to them..
Re: Is This Scamming Or What?? by izzou(m): 10:40am On Dec 12, 2016
Na today?
This style of scamming don tey naa

Your cousin would be threatened that she will lose the package if she doesn't send the money. Then the guy Will be putting pressure on your cousin to pay the money.

That's what will happen

Thank me later

cool

2 Likes

Re: Is This Scamming Or What?? by AmNoblen: 10:42am On Dec 12, 2016
Same thing happened to my besty.
The person that called and said is from air express is their own argent.
Don't try and pay o. Else ur name s sorry
Re: Is This Scamming Or What?? by preetypam(f): 10:48am On Dec 12, 2016
my cousin told the air express guy to use his own money and clear the goods...once the goods are cleared and the credit card is obtained she will give him the details of the credit card so that he would collect his money back that she doesnt have any penny to give anybody...

1 Like

Re: Is This Scamming Or What?? by preetypam(f): 10:54am On Dec 12, 2016
thats what we all told her and me just wanted to know my nairalanders' opinions and they never fail

thankz a lot guys

1 Like

Re: Is This Scamming Or What?? by dominique(f): 11:12am On Dec 12, 2016
preetypam:
my cousin told the air express guy to use his own money and clear the goods...once the goods are cleared and the credit card is obtained she will give him the details of the credit card so that he would collect his money back that she doesnt have any penny to give anybody...

Correct babe! A lot of greedy desperate people have been scammed through this method.
Re: Is This Scamming Or What?? by HtwoOw: 11:21am On Dec 12, 2016
Old format , fresh mumu go fall
Re: Is This Scamming Or What?? by preetypam(f): 11:29am On Dec 12, 2016
dominique:

Correct babe! A lot of greedy desperate people have been scammed through this method.

my cousin wey need money pass FG,, the agent neva contact am since she sent him that message...people dey o

(1) (Reply)

Policemen Shoot Protesting Chivita Limited Casual Workers, Kill Two / Video Of Two Nigerian Girls In Europe Fighting / Breaking: Armed Robbers Raid Living Faith Church (winners Chapel) In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.