Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! (2163 Views)

Halloween Costumes Of FUNAAB Microbiology Final Year Students (Photos) / Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? / Microbiology Or Industrial Chemistry Or Pure And Applied Chemistry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by kissval1388: 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Good day Nairalanders!!!
This is my 3rd time of writing jamb and God finally answered my call with double admission from 2 schools.. (federal university otuoke bayelsa state and federal university ndufu alike Ebonyi state..)
Am very happy but at the same time confuse because the two institution offered me a different course..

Federal university otuoke bayelsa state, offered me Biology
while Federal university Ndufu alike Ebonyi offered me Microbiology..
Am in a confuse state right now because the two school didn't offered me the course I choosed.
please I have come to get some advice from Nairalanders.. Between Biology and Microbiology, which is better in Nigeria.. which of them should I accept...
The institutions can also be used as a criteria for the decision making.
cc: Lalasticlala, please help my life and move this thread to FP.
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by olutop(m): 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
bio
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by kissval1388: 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
olutop:
bio
bro please what are your points.?
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by oloriooko(m): 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
Since the 2 courses have biology in common why not settle for the Micro jeje grin
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by kissval1388: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
oloriooko:
Since the 2 courses have biology in common why not settle for the Micro jeje grin

lol be serious na bro... that one is not a point
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by ebsuguy(m): 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
kissval1388:
Good day Nairalanders!!!
This is my 3rd time of writing jamb and God finally answered my call with double admission from 2 schools.. (federal university otuoke bayelsa state and federal university ndufu alike Ebonyi state..)
Am very happy but at the same time confuse because the two institution offered me a different course..

Federal university otuoke bayelsa state, offered me Biology
while Federal university Ndufu alike Ebonyi offered me Microbiology..
Am in a confuse state right now because the two school didn't offered me the course I choosed.
please I have come to get some advice from Nairalanders.. Between Biology and Microbiology, which is better in Nigeria.. which of them should I accept...
The institutions can also be used as a criteria for the decision making.
cc: Lalasticlala, please help my life and move this thread to FP.

Neither am i an undergraduate nor a graduate of the aforementioned courses but I am studying something quite close to them and i would say both have their ups and downs.MICROBIOLOGY is very versatile.It has Industrial,medical and some other branches.Although,one tends not to work with one's Certificate these days in Nigeria but if you would want to use your Certificate to get a Job in Nigeria.I think Microbiology is more versatile than Biology.This is my opinion though.
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by bi0nics: 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
Microbiology.

Don't ask me why
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by kissval1388: 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
bi0nics:
Microbiology.
Don't ask me why
y?
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by kissval1388: 6:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
ebsuguy:

Neither am i an undergraduate nor a graduate of the aforementioned courses but I am studying something quite close to them and i would say both have their ups and downs.MICROBIOLOGY is very versatile.It has Industrial,medical and some other branches.Although,one tends not to work with one's Certificate these days in Nigeria but if you would want to use your Certificate to get a Job in Nigeria.I think Microbiology is more versatile than Biology.This is my opinion though.
.thank you sir.. am very greatfull
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by kissval1388: 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
lalasticlala please I beg you with the name of God.. move this thread to FP.. its very important to me...
after this thread, I promise not to disturb u again .. pleasseeeeeeee
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
I think you should look at what you want to do after graduation.
If u want to work in a health institution or laboratories, choose microbiology.
If u want to teach, get involved with environmental services, botany, fishery, choose biology.
But if u don't want to be any of the above, but will take any job like sales rep, office admin, etc just choose the one you feel you can pass well.
Check their course outline or go to the schools and inquire. Remember what is easy for A may not be easy for B.
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by firstclassmumu: 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
Biochemistry better o
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by kissval1388: 10:21am On Dec 13, 2016
JoyceMeyersFan:
I think you should look at what you want to do after graduation.
If u want to work in a health institution or laboratories, choose microbiology.
If u want to teach, get involved with environmental services, botany, fishery, choose biology.
But if u don't want to be any of the above, but will take any job like sales rep, office admin, etc just choose the one you feel you can pass well.
Check their course outline or go to the schools and inquire. Remember what is easy for A may not be easy for B.

thank you ma.. am greatful

1 Like

Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by kissval1388: 10:22am On Dec 13, 2016
firstclassmumu:
Biochemistry better o
bro nobody is talking about biochem here..
biology and microbiology is the topic..
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by firstclassmumu: 12:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
kissval1388:

bro nobody is talking about biochem here..
biology and microbiology is the topic..
okay medicine and surgery is the best
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by austinereds(m): 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
take a look at the long run. if you want a career in microbiology you will have to further with Msc and PhD after Bsc. I guess it's general Microbiology. Biology is very good u have options too after Bsc. Education, environmental services. cool. the choice is yours.
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by kissval1388: 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
austinereds:
take a look at the long run. if you want a career in microbiology you will have to further with Msc and PhD after Bsc. I guess it's general Microbiology. Biology is very good u have options too after Bsc. Education, environmental services. cool. the choice is yours.

wow... OK bro.. if you were in my shoes, which one will u go for in a country like Nigeria
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by austinereds(m): 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
kissval1388:

wow... OK bro.. if you were in my shoes, which one will u go for in a country like Nigeria

Take your time and make your choice. funny enough you might not work any of your chosen field in future
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by kissval1388: 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
lol
Re: Am Totally Confuse. Please Advice Me.. Microbiology Or Biology!!! by dasamek8: 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
Biology if you are scientific, technical and adventurous/explorative in nature. Then microbio if employment/money is paramount

(1) (Reply)

Oh No! FUTY Shut Down As Christians & Muslims Students Clash (see Details) / Jamb Has Announced The New Date For The Exam See Full News And Official Report / MATH CLASS!! If You Can Solve This Primary 2 Math Quiz, You Deserves To Rule Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.