Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Death In NYSC Camp:president Muhammadu Buhari Calls For An Independent Investiga - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Death In NYSC Camp:president Muhammadu Buhari Calls For An Independent Investiga (520 Views)

We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests / Corpers Caught Having Sex In Kano NYSC Camp, To Be Decamped - Lady Claims / Death In NYSC Camp:president Muhammadu Buhari Calls For An Independent Investiga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Death In NYSC Camp:president Muhammadu Buhari Calls For An Independent Investiga by aneldaking(m): 10:15am On Dec 13, 2016
Death in NYSC Camp: My daughter was very healthy and nursed no ailment Father of deceased

Mr. Olawale Oladepo, a retired Sanitary Inspector and the father of late Ifedolapo Oladepo, a vibrant youth corps member, who died in Kano while on orientation camp, NYSC camp, insisted that the untimely death of his daughter was allegedly caused by the carelessness of NYSC.

According to the father, Dolapo had no trace of ailment before she embarked for Kano on Thursday, 24 November, and called at regular intervals along the journey till she got to Kano around 1:00am the following day and headed straight for the NYSC Orientation Camp.

He wondered how Dolapo, who played actively and appeared so radiant in all the pictures she sent home could die of kidney infection, according to the medical certificate of the cause of her death issued by Gwazo General Hospital that alleged that she died of kidney infection.

He believed the death was due to carelessness and negligence attitude of the NYSC, adding that the authority should come out with a concrete account of what went wrong to his daughter between 8:00am on Monday that she reported to the camp clinic and the time she passed on at 4:am the second morning.

“The death certificate issued by the Gwazo General Hospital, Kano said she had sepsis that led to kidney infection. I wonder if truly she had kidney infection, did the camp have proper medical facilities to have kept her, and why taking her to the General Hospital with no facilities to treat such ailments?”

Conditions for exhuming the body

Mr. Olawale Oladepo The father of Ifedolapo Oladepo, the corps member from Osun State who died at the camp of the National Youth Service Corps in Kano State, Mr. Olawale Oladepo, has said that the Federal Government must meet certain conditions before the family would allow the remains of her daughter to be exhumed for post-mortem autopsy.

President Muhammadu Buhari had ordered an independent investigation into the controversial death of the first class graduate who was 26-year-old in Transport Management from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho.

Solomon Dalung the Minister for Youths and Sports, had said that Ifedolapo’s remains would be exhumed for post-mortem autopsy.

The family also said they are yet to be in any communication with anyone on the matter.

The family also argued that it will only consider such option after all avenues such as listening to the preceding conversations of Dolapo through communication network has been looked at.

Addressing newsmen in Osogbo yesterday, the father of the deceased, Mr Olawale Oladepo urged President Muhammad Buhari to caution the Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Solomon Dalung against making inflammatory statement that could aggravate the pains of parents and family members over the untimely death of Dolapo.

He also asked the Federal Government to explore all avenues, including the conversations of the deceased with members of the family before her death.

Mr Oladepo, accompanied by other members of the family and concerned friends of the deceased, gave account of what transpired between his daughter Ifedolapo and other members of the family before her death.

While appreciating President Muhammad Buhari at making sure a vivid investigation is conducted into the circumstances that led to the death of his daughter, Mr Oladepo pledged his absolute cooperation with the panel.

He also appreciated the Governor of his state,Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, National Assembly members, members of Osun State House of Assembly and the media for their interest in the circumstances that led to the death of Ifedolapo.

Corps member father’s account

According to father; ‘’Dolapo had no ailment and nursed none. She was very OK hale and hearty. I personally took her to the park to board a bus going to Kano and the bus departed at 6am on Thursday November 24.

‘’After a short father to daughter talk at the park, the bus departed at 9am. My daughter called at regular intervals along the journey till she got to Kano at around 1am the following morning. ‘’At dawn of 25th, she headed straight for the NYSC Orientation Camp with two other friends she journeyed with from Osogbo.

‘’After much ordeals of registering at the camp, she called me in the afternoon to keep me informed of developments.

‘’At 6:30am the following morning (Saturday, 26th November, 2016), she called again as usual. She reported that they were woken up by 4am and that they had finished the morning drill after which they would go for another parade and the opening ceremony later.

‘’On that Saturday, she sent home all the pictures taken with funfair with some of her friends and she looked hale and hearty that day according to the pictures as she participated in all the activities of the day.

‘’I now wonder if a person who had kidney infection as claimed by the NYSC could participate and be so radiant in all the pictures she sent.

‘’On Saturday, 27th, she reported there were no activities. Her mother even called her that Sunday to send her NYSC state code number and she did not complain of any ailment. It was on Monday she called her elder sister complaining that she felt sick and was not being attended to because they thought she was trying to avoid the day’s drill.

‘’The sister started conversations with the medical personnel on duty and begged them to attend to her. The sister’s battery went flat so she called an uncle who is a consultant. The uncle asked what she was given, they told him Placebo.

‘’After some persuasion, they agreed to give her medications. Sometimes later, when her sister’s phone came on, she told her they administered some drugs on her and shortly after, her speech slurred, the tongue twisted and she could not talk properly.

‘’There were visible patches of blood under her skin and rashes all over her body. She took the picture of the hand to testify to this and she sent it home. When her sister called again, the medical personnel on duty told her she reacted to the drugs given and that they had given her hydro cortisone to counter the reactions and that after one hour, if her situation did not improve, they would transfer her to a teaching hospital after much plea from the sister asking them to transfer her to the teaching hospital.

‘’The battery of the deceased phone later went off. When the younger sister called her around 4pm of that same day, she answered the phone but complaining she has not been taken to any health institution requesting that we should come by air to take her back home.

‘’It was then the sister called Ilorin and when they said the plane had departed and another wouldn’t be available till Wednesday, she travelled to Ibadan to catch the night bus to Kano. It was on their way that the sister was called around 4am on Tuesday, that she had passed on.

Request for NYSC’s story

‘’My request to NYSC is to give the family and the entire world a vivid account of what happened to my daughter between 8am on Monday that she reported to the camp clinic and the time she passed on at 4am the second morning as reported by them.

‘’The doctor on duty at the Gwazo General Hospital, Kano said she had Sepsis that led to kidney infection. I wonder if truly she had kidney infection, did the Camp have proper medical facilities to have kept her; and why taking her to the General Hospital with no facilities to treat such ailments?

‘’Hence, by implication, whatever ailment may have developed when she got to camp could not have resulted to death if she had been promptly attended to and taken care of. However, she died out of carelessness and negligence attitude of the NYSC

‘’Lest I forget, the NYSC may now tell me what the relationship is between the second hand knickers she was alleged to have worn, the rashes on her body, the twisted tongue, the blood patches on her skin, the fingers and toes that turned black, the slurred speech and the kidney infection that they claimed she had.

‘’Until they give answers to these questions, we have little to talk about. This is not in a way to indict anybody but to bring out the truth of the whole scenario.

‘’Apparently, she was not taken to any tertiary hospital until she died, according to the medical certificate of the cause of death issued by Gwazo General Hospital and I quote; “She died as I’m aware or informed on the 29th of November, 2016 at 4am and that the cause of death was Septic shock and kidney injury”.

According to the father; ‘’I’m worried about this report that she had Urinary Tract Infection leading to kidney injury. Thus, I wish to state for the umpteenth time that the cause of death as claimed by NYSC is simply contradictory!

‘’May I also recall that as she conversed with me and the sister the twisted tongue showed because her speech was slurred. We have strong cause to believe their accounts were mere fabrications.

‘’People don’t mind calling white black just to cover up. All we are saying is, the NYSC negligence sent our daughter to her early grave.’’

Source:http://www.karisastravel.com/2016/12/death-in-nysc-camppresident-muhammadu.html

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Certificate Found. Owner Contact Here. / Affordable Self-contain For Corpers Available To Let In Odi Town, Bayelsa State / A Must For All Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.