Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan (828 Views)

Amahle - Story By The Aniekan Umana / Snatched: Heart Of A Wanderer, Soul Of A Lover. Short Story By The Aniekan Umana / Stories That Touch (short Stories) By Aniekan Andikan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan by itsandi(m): 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
As always, I just chill at a very high spot at a location unknown to humans and observe things that happen among them. From where I am, I get a very good insight to human problems and their causes which most of the times are caused by said humans. Most times though, they claim they don’t know the cause of the problem- well that is just an excuse to prevent them from blaming themselves.
I bet most of you humans do not have time to observe what is happening around you and why it happens. Don’t worry, I will observe and also explain these things to your understanding. I am not of this world. I am a god from another world, so I must adopt a name of your world in order to relate with your world. For this purpose, I am adopting aniekan andikan, which you must always write in small letters as my name. Don’t ask me why, I am a god, I do what I like.
So, ladies and gents, watch this space for new stories on what is happening in your world by the day.

1 Like

Re: Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan by itsandi(m): 1:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
JUST A WISE GUY
As always, I was just chilling at a very high spot at a location unknown to humans and observing this keke man. He was in a really good mood because his wise decisions were raking in a lot of profits for him. So far, he already had made four times more than what he made the previous day and it was just 4 p.m. From Aka road, he turned into IBB Way. He knew that at the time, civil servants working at the Federal Secretariat were returning from work and he was sure that he was going to fill his keke to the brim regardless where he decide to go from there.
Just a little past Ibom Hall, a skinny guy flagged him down indicating towards the plaza. He braked and the guy jumped in. 100 meters on, he heard three guys shouting “Itam!!!” simultaneously. He stopped the keke and turned to the guy he picked and said. “I no dey go Plaza again, those three people dey go Itam, I wan carry them go Itam”. The plaza guy stepped down without any fuss because he understood that it was just business even though he was a little disappointed, he went to look for another keke that was heading to the plaza.
The keke man packed the three passengers and left for Itam, smiling to himself that his wise decision was going to pay…again. All he needed now was just one passenger so he can fire out in full throttle till he reached Itam. Getting that one passenger will not be so hard again. Federal Secretariat was waiting for him. Just a little past the E-library, a muscular guy flagged him down. He did not see the guy early enough, so he had to really march the brake. The action got everyone in a serious bow, even the keke man was bowing to his keke windscreen.
He brought out his head and shouted “Itam!” at the guy that stopped him. “AKTC Park!” The guy shouted back running towards the keke.
“100 Naira” the keke man said less loudly as the guy was nearer now. The guy nodded and the keke man shifted for him to join the front seat. Time for full throttle!
Before five minutes had elapsed, two passengers had dropped at Itam junction paid their fares which the keke man happily collected, the rest continued to Itam Park and AKTC Park. He will get 70 bucks from one and 100 bucks from the other. His smile was mighty visible when he dropped the 70 bucks guy at Itam Park and collected 100 Naira because he claimed to have no change and the unsuspecting man told him to keep the change. He took the road behind the Itam Park, though quiet but was closer to AKTC Park where he would make another 100 bucks.
He felt something cold at the back of his neck, something sharp. He turned to see what was happening. “Give me all your money”. Suddenly it hit him. He got the full grip of what was happening. He was being robbed of all the money he made through his wise decisions. Suddenly he felt very foolish. He thought about shouting for help but he looked around, the road was as quiet as a pupil who does not know the answer to a question suddenly asked by the teacher. He wondered how he got himself into the kind of mess. He blamed the government for creating such a quiet road. Reluctantly, he emptied all his money to the muscular guy. After that, the regrets started…
Re: Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan by Girlyy: 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
Interesting...#following

1 Like

Re: Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan by itsandi(m): 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
Girlyy:
Interesting...#following
Thank you. I'm motivated
Re: Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan by paulaspearz(f): 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
Dope oya continue

1 Like

Re: Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan by itsandi(m): 10:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
paulaspearz:
Dope oya continue
Thanks Paula, its coming tomorrow
Re: Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan by itsandi(m): 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
JUST A TOUGH GUY

As always, I was just chilling at a very high spot at a location unknown to humans and observing this guy who was busy counting money in a bush at Itam side, Uyo. The money was not his but since it was in his hands, and as far as he was concerned at the moment, the money was totally his. He did not expect the money to be that much. He was really surprised that a keke man would be carrying that much money. He had counted 12,000 Naira plus change. That will more than make up for the 1000 Naira he lost betting on the so called 10 “sure games”. If not for the one game that did not play according to what he had predicted, he would have won 13,500 Naira. He was really disappointed but then, he was a tough guy. A big tough guy. So he had to make a way and he made a way.
“If you don’t get me the yellow dress today I will get it by myself by any means!” those words rang again in his head. He stood up abruptly. With long strides he found his way to Ikot Ekpene road where he will flag down a ride back to Ikot Ekpene. It was already getting dark when he reached Ikot Ekpene road. Luckily for him, he found a rough looking taxi heading to IK, he jumped in. All the way to Ikot Ekpene, his mind was on the yellow dress. He thought about all he had done all day just to be able to get the yellow dress. Then he became worried that he was going to miss getting the yellow dress after all. Especially, now that he could afford to get it. Suddenly, he felt tired. He was not surprised given how rough his day has been. He couldn’t complain, he’s a tough guy.
Before 30 minutes, he was in Ikot Ekpene. He picked a bike from the park at the plaza straight to Chubb Road, to the shop where he saw the dress a month ago for the first time. He saw it again today, in the morning before he went to Uyo. He arrived disappointed because they had closed the shop. Well, he will just go home and explain to her that the shop has been closed, that he will get it for her first thing the next morning. “To Market Road abeg” he said to the cyclist. “100 Naira o” the cyclist replied. “Market Road no far na. I go give you 70 bucks abeg”. The motorcycle got in motion. Before 3 minutes, he was at home. He opened the door and got inside. He could tell there was light because the white bulb was throwing florescent light all over the place. As he stepped in, his eyes went straight to a clothing material that was spread on the cushion. He was suddenly alarmed. That was the yellow dress! His knees felt weak. It gave way and hit the rubber carpeted stone floor so hard that his teeth rattled against each set.
So she had gone ahead to do whatever she had threatened to do to get the dress. She couldn't even wait for him to come back, he thought. He felt so heartbroken that before he became aware, rivers of tears were flowing down his tough-guy cheeks. She was the only woman he had ever loved, ever cared about. His mother used to curse him so loud that the neighborhood always gather to watch them. His elder sister used to talk him down. They both contributed to make his life hell but she was the total opposite of all that. She had a pretty little face that gave off a countenance of innocence. Her head, small like that, totally complimented her petite frame. He loved all of her, especially her small mouth that spoke softly. He sniffed, heaved and sobbed uncontrollably as the thought of what she might have done using that small mouth, that small mouth that was totally his, to get the yellow dress sipped into his mind. Then his face was totally wet with sweat, tears and drips from his nostrils…
Re: Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan by itsandi(m): 8:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
JUST WHAT ELSE CAN A GIRL DO?

As always, I was just chilling at a very high spot at a location unknown to humans and observing this girl. She was worried that her guy was missing. She had not seen him since morning. Since she had threatened him about getting the dress herself. She felt awful about talking to him like that earlier. But her patience had reached a point of desperateness. Her immediate senior sister’s wedding was the next day and she was the chief bridesmaid. Her attire was the yellow dress. He had offered to buy her the dress as his way of contributing to her sister’s wedding but every time there was money to buy it, he kept postponing it. Now, there was no money to buy the dress. So, she was desperate. He had left the house without a word. She was not sure what he was up to, so she decided to get the dress by herself today whatever it might cost her. She could not afford to miss her big sister’s big day especially when she had such a big role to play.
She was to prepare the day’s food early so that she will have time to go and hustle. She thank God that he took only 1000 Naira note from the 2000 naira that was under the pillow. By 10 a.m, she went to Urua Ator to buy food stuffs. When she reached the market, she saw people gathering. She was curious to know what was happening, so she went closer to take a look but got disappointed. It was just the Matchbox-gamblers. They were playing what she called “matches and groundnut game”. A tricky game in which they used subtle tricks to collect money from market goers who were greedy enough to try doubling their money. She made to get into the market and get her food stuffs so she could return early. She had a long day ahead but it was too short for her to get the yellow dress. Suddenly she had an idea. Why don’t I play this matches and groundnut game? I could get lucky and win, she thought. Before she could decide, she was already in the center of the crowd.
The game peddler stopped mid-sentence when he saw her step in to try her luck. “We have a potential winner in the house!” He called to have the people’s attention. They came even closer. She could notice the sly smile at the corner of his mouth. She brought out the 1000 naira she was supposed to buy foodstuffs with and put it in the game pot. The game man revealed the contents of the three matchboxes in front of him. She could see that two of them contained matchsticks and one contained groundnuts. She has to pick the groundnut to win double of the money she put in the game pot. The game man shuffled the three matchboxes very fast but her eyes were steady and focused. She could see where the groundnuts contained matchbox rested. She picked. Groundnut! She now had 2000 naira from the 1000 naira she put in the pot.
She put the 2000 Naira in the pot to play again. She won again. She was in a dilemma on whether to play again or leave. She had 4000 naira now though not enough, is more than what she came with. She also knew that she could lose it all if she put it all in the pot. She was still trying to decide what to do when the game peddler said impatiently “when are you putting your 4k in the pot? Don’t you want to win 8k?” She could not decide. She just poured the 4000 Naira in her hand into the pot. The game peddler smiled. He shuffled the three matchboxes again, this time faster. She lost track of the groundnut contained box. She didn’t know which matchbox to choose. She thought about her 1000 Naira. She realized that she should have played with 3,000 Naira. She should have remained her 1,000 Naira. She brought her hand towards the matchbox in the middle. In her two wins, the groundnut was in the middle matchbox. She hesitated. The crowd behind her murmured with impatience. She stood her ground. She was not going to allow anyone rush her into deciding again. She resolved to do “timbo timbo”. It fell on the matchbox on the right. She picked it. Groundnut! She could not believe it! She collected 8,000 and fled the scene, ignoring the calls from the game peddler.
She was happy, she was lucky. She went home, cooked ASAP, got to the shop to get the yellow dress. By 4PM, she was all set. She felt tired, so she took a nap. When she woke up, she heard some sounds she could not recognize coming from the other room. She went to investigate. She saw her guy kneeling in front of the cushion in which her yellow dress was spread. It looked like he was praying to it. Then he looked up, she saw that his face was wet with tears, sweat and drips from the nose...
Re: Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan by itsandi(m): 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
JUST ON A LOWKEY

As always, I was just chilling at a very high spot at a location unknown to humans and observing this guy who was trying very hard to hide from the groom's brother. Its really a small world he thought as he realized that the keke man he robbed the previous day was going to be his babe's in-law that day. He was grateful that his bae had successfully dragged him to church very early given the important role she had to play. The advantage he had was that he was already sited when the groom and his people arrived. This gave him the opportunity to spot the keke man before he could see him. He could not believe his eyes but he was grateful that he was first to see him, so, he could consciously hide from him. The groom and the keke man had some kind of resemblance. So, he concluded that they were brothers. He resolved to be on a very lowkey till when he had a chance to skip.
It was hard to put up an facade of coolness and happiness for the benefit of his overjoyed babe who was glancing at him from time to time when he was shaking intensely internally from what could befall him if the keke man, his babe's inlaw found him. His mind wandered. He thought about the ordeals caught criminals went through. His mind raced through lynching, through being burnt alive. Could these people in this church really beat him to death? Could they allow people to burn him alive? God forbid he thought. He noticed his palms were sweaty. He placed them both on his lap and made a motion that wiped them both, leaving a pair of faint trace of dirt on both legs of his lightgrey trousers. He thought about jail. The guy could call the police and have him arrested. To him that was even worse than lynching. Funny enough, all these did not bother him as much as the embarrassment his babe would face if the keke man saw him and made a scene. He knew that whatever the keke man did to him, he deserved it but for her sake, he was going to do everything possible to avoid being made by the groom's brother.
As his thoughts wandered, he was watching the keke man closely. He also kept one eye on his babe. The yellow dress fitted her petite figure perfectly as she stood behind the bride who was with the groom at the alter, before the priest taking their marriage vows. From time to time, she would dab a pure white kerchief on her sister's face to clean the sweat. From time to time she will glance at him and smile at him. He will grin in return, one eye watching the groom's brother who sat at the right pew among his people. He was sitting at the left pew with the bride's people. For a moment it seemed his eyes and the keke man's had locked. He quickly dropped his head and bend in pretense to pick up something from the ground. When he looked up, he did not see the keke man again. He looked around. He saw him stepping out of the church from the door closest to the right pew. This is my opportunity to escape he thought. He got up and meant to exit through the left side door but he hesitated trying to get eye contact with his babe so she could see that he was leaving but she was busy dabbing at her sister's face with the white handkerchief. He did not have much time. He decided to leave before the keke man came back in and notice him. He rushed to exit the door then bumped into someone outside. "Sorry my guy!" he interjected looking down at the polished black covershoe he had stepped on. Then he looked at the person he ran into, it was the groom's brother. The keke man...
Re: Just Observing With Aniekan Andikan by itsandi(m): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
You can follow this series and other cool series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com/series

#Click!

(1) (Reply)

THE GRAIL:GENESIS. A Novel By Talented 2000 / Our Unity, Our Victory - A Story From Wurastories / Rebecca's Diary (boy's Palava!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.