Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,925 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? (1082 Views)

What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. / 5 Great Work-from-home Jobs You Can Do While Job Hunting / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by boma4success: 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
Pls advice me!
I had HND in Surveying and Geoinformatics and I just finished my youth service in Nov. dis year. I av applied for all d advertised Federal govt jobs(both civil and military) dat falls under d category of my profession within dis recent months, I as well applied to further my education (PGD) in UNN and thank God I've been given admission. Now, b4 I enlist wat actually is bordering my mind, I'll please like u to take d following into consideration:
i) considering d uncertainties of securing job as early as possible in ds country most especially for a commoner like myself
ii) considering the fact that at any point in time I might b called upon for interviews or exams or even appointment on any of d jobs I av applied for
iii) and lastly, considering the huge amount of money I av to pay in school for all fees and other expenses.
Wat would u advice me to do Pls?
Should I go back to school and forget about d job for now even if dey call me, or stay back home and keep waiting for deir calls(hopefully dey call early)?
Pls note dat I applied for NNavy DSSC and I av been shortlisted for test(eventhough no one can predict wat will still happen afterall).
I'll appreciate ur swift and kind advices. Thanks
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by boma4success: 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
Pls comment and don't just read, ur contribution will be highly appreciated
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by Ozavize88(f): 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
I think u should still proceed with your pgde while waiting for job cos u getting job is not guaranteed but your admission is sure and it won't be nice if at last u forfeit d admission and u didn't get d job

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by Tosin17(m): 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
You can't leave certainty for uncertainty, many people lost many opportunities because of the assumption that they might call them for interview which they didn't get the interview after many months. Pls go and do your pgd.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by boma4success: 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
Tosin17:
You can't leave certainty for uncertainty, many people lost many opportunities because of the assumption that they might call them for interview which they didn't get the interview after many months. Pls go and do your pgd.

Thanks alot fr ur contribution I'm most grateful
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by boma4success: 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ozavize88:
I think u should still proceed with your pgde while waiting for job cos u getting job is not guaranteed but your admission is sure and it won't be nice if at last u forfeit d admission and u didn't get d job

Hmmm... Roger!!! Thanks alot
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by lastmessenger: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
Why not go for a bsc in the university. Pgd is just another diploma.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 13, 2016
lastmessenger:
Why not go for a bsc in the university. Pgd is just another diploma.

He needs the PGD for his Masters kwanu. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by lastmessenger: 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
LastMumu:

He needs the PGD for his Masters kwanu. undecided

let him do bsc and then masters

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by Alhajipablo(m): 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2016
lastmessenger:
let him do bsc and then masters
really? He has a HND not an OND o

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by Johnnyessence(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
boma4success:
Pls advice me!
I had HND in Surveying and Geoinformatics and I just finished my youth service in Nov. dis year. I av applied for all d advertised Federal govt jobs(both civil and military) dat falls under d category of my profession within dis recent months, I as well applied to further my education (PGD) in UNN and thank God I've been given admission. Now, b4 I enlist wat actually is bordering my mind, I'll please like u to take d following into consideration:
i) considering d uncertainties of securing job as early as possible in ds country most especially for a commoner like myself
ii) considering the fact that at any point in time I might b called upon for interviews or exams or even appointment on any of d jobs I av applied for
iii) and lastly, considering the huge amount of money I av to pay in school for all fees and other expenses.
Wat would u advice me to do Pls?
Should I go back to school and forget about d job for now even if dey call me, or stay back home and keep waiting for deir calls(hopefully dey call early)?
Pls note dat I applied for NNavy DSSC and I av been shortlisted for test(eventhough no one can predict wat will still happen afterall).
I'll appreciate ur swift and kind advices. Thanks
if the job is not forth coming you can go ahead and embraced the admission. At least it will be keeping you busy in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by lastmessenger: 10:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
Alhajipablo:
really? He has a HND not an OND o
i know. Bsc is better for him

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by mayoor15(m): 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
@OP, why not go for a b.sc you have a HND meaning you will enter into 300L, for the sake of the future why not try get a bsc, a pgde wont stop discrimination.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Keep Job-hunting? by boma4success: 9:39am On Dec 15, 2016
Thanks alot to everyone for d contributions, but d idea of going back for BSc I guess is not gonna work for me as age is not really on my side. I bliv He will do d best for me wt Wat he has given me. I need PGD to apply for d registration of my pursuit as a recognized/licensed Surveyor in Nigeria and I as well plan to use my PGD to further for my Masters at any point in time, God's willing....

(1) (Reply)

Fortune Careers Limited / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!! / Audition For Sing On Radio Season 1 ( Winner 50,000 + Recording Deal )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.