Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

My Admission Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Admission Story (1180 Views)

Vote For My Story - Etisalat Flash Fiction Award / My Story Ogechi & I" / Election Palava:my Story About Ogechi And His Brother-an Old Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Admission Story by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
Don't expect it to be too long,,,,its just a short story, hope you would enjoy cool

Chapter one

Its one month! I'm lucky to count myself among them.
4 years of graduating from Secondary school(2 times SSCE and 2 times JAMB), I'm now in university hopefully by the end of the semester, I go collect the first position wey don turn my hobby since my nursery days.

Its a Tuesday 8th November 2016, the much anticipated unizik merit admission list wey dae miss since finally come out. I was at building site, me and my goons as we re about to start pouring out already measured concrete, my phone rang tararam ---tararam as I look, the thing cut off, then I check to know who is the e-diot, alas! Its a private number wey dae flash me, omo money no dae, I just tank God atlest whoever it is, I can bodly said I would have but the number was hidden.

I dropped my phone and went back to carry my headpan wey d cement I put for am don dae set, my phone rang again, its a message tone....I ignored it and carry my concrete go cast am for column and re-checked my phone, its two message;
=> Fidelity bank
Chrismario Ag****
Acct no. 567890****
Startbal: 1023.00
Paid in: 0.00
Widrawal: 0.00
Bal : 1023.00
For more enquiries, always visit www...........

I just hiss, then look at the second message

=> MBAH's Cafe
Dear customer, as we had promised you earlier, UNIZIK merit list is out!!
Kindly visit us @ back of MPH to assist you on Jamb admission letter, original jamb result, GSS registration, etc

Na so I borrow my friend's phone, type www.unizik.edu.ng, the UC browser load like 4 minutes, no show, I checked his account its -200.00, he's only one using phone that can access net, other 4 guys re nonsense phones of which I can't remember their names but one "shinkixi"

I checked my wallet its #275 remaining, so I carry my wallet to go and buy recharge card 200 naira to buy airtime hoping pay for my friends debt to MTN and then borrow 100 to check my admission status.
As I reach there, I found out there's cafe beside, luckily no one is in there accept the owner, even if I no make am, no one go laff me and if it turns otherwise, I go still print an out. I asked the fine geh how much wit my body stained with dirts, her reply na #200 to check and print out, my mind tell me its more economical, so I followed my mind.............
Re: My Admission Story by herzern(m): 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
Followinq.
Re: My Admission Story by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
Chapter Two

As I check am, omo I don get admission be dat oooo, see as my heart was filled with Joy, one thing came to my mind; My uncle who insulted me with joke last year, "Chris, you have been writing exams for past 3 years, If you make it this year, I will,,,no! Just request anything....the thing come sweet my belle as I rush back to site, give my friend him phone, go to water tank, open tap and collect water, wash my body "anyhow anyhow" my friends come dae ask me wetin dae Zup, I tell dem I wan go Onitsha go see my uncle, my concrete wey I mixed don form solid for ground, we negotiated how much dem go buy am and we agreed at #150.

150+75 = my total cash at hand, I jejely rub "ebube muonso" anointing oil to cover my body so nobody go know say I dae do dirty work.
I enter bus reach Nkpor and pay #120, I entered anoda one reach "Upper Iweka" = 80, I found out there's 50 naira in my hand, I bought gala, as I dae chop gala, I saw one keke and enter, d cost na 30 naira since e no far from Iweka fly-over.

We reach where we dae go, the ugly sing of cement dust then started showing for my body small small, I bone and ask the keke man shey na #30 ? He said yes, I brought my wallet only to realise my last card was #25,,, the keke man came out of his machine to *piss* at nearby gutter, the man is tall and get muscle, I no no wetin I go do, I thought of running, I said no, the man looks like person wey fit run wella,,,,If I attempt run and he catch me?? Wetin I go do kwanu? make I just pretend my money lost.
Chei! I come dae search my pockets and purse one after other until he finished urinating and notice what I was doing, he asked me about money, I come dae beg am, Bros, abeg is like I don lost my 2k oo, I no hold any money again if not for this #25,,,,,,...... Surprisingly he no vex much as Onitsha drivers are known for, he collected the money, start his keke and leave,,,,I come smile and call my self "sharp guy".
I go to the gate,,,,knock kpo! Kpo!! Kpo!!!, Them dog wey dae bark anytime someone nears their gate no make noise, I knock again, no show, I look wella and found out the gate was lock outside, na den I remember say my mama told me yesterday dat my uncle and him family go go wedding for P H,,,even with Bingo...nawa oooo......
I dip my hand for pocket to bring my phone to check time and to call my uncle, maybe he fit direct person wey go rojja me Tp, omo my phone no dae my pocket again, no money at hand, I no even carry my mama number for head, I was confused.........
Re: My Admission Story by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
Chapter Three

Its like 2pm and sun dae knack well well, I saw one small boy that was selling pure water and asked him for shortcut road wey I go take reach Iweka sharp sharp, the guy pointed his finger to one road say its d shortest, I followed the road, I trekked like 20 minutes no show, many junctions full that street, I burst for one church like dat, I decided to go in and tell the priest wey dae in-charge my story but the gate man no gree me enter, he said father is taking siesta unless I should wait till 4:30 pm.
I pinched my self, my mind tell me make I dae go, I no even dae sure he go gimme. I ask the Gm if I don near "main road" he said yes, he come direct me, I follow d road I don't knw how it happened,but instead of seeing myself close to Iweka or thereabout,,,I found my self down down down

Gala wey I chop no dae again for my stomach, I begin dae beg anybody wey I see for T-fare,,,,,e get one man wey tell me say he dae go Nkpor side, make I enter his okada, free of charge, honestly I was afraid i summoned courage since I'm short of alternatives. The man carried me to Nkpor, I thanked him and started looking for anoda helper who go help me reach my house for Enugwu-ukwu.

I was like 1 hour + , still no result, anybody wey I beg go tell one story or the other so I decided to go inside park wey buses dae load. I went to one bus driver, tell am say I wan do conductor and the man tell me he already has, I go to second man, the man gree, I don become a conductor like dat, I load him bus with passengers which wasn't easy for me and we left,,,,as we reach nkwor Enugwu-ukwu, I tell am to slow down, I jumped down, tell am "e go be" and carry my hungry self dae go home.

It's already evening, as I dae go home, I decided to corner my friend's house to knw how dem work.....as I reach,,,he asked me how my journey dae,,,,I tell am fine, he come give my phone, tell me say I forgot it at the site,,,,,,I looked at my foolish self,,,,
Work , I no work,
The little money wey I get don finish,
The only joy was that I was given admission, I just carry myself home.........

To be continued...........................
Re: My Admission Story by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 14, 2016
Chapter Four

After all these small sufferings wey I encounter just to do shakara for my Badmouthed uncle to tell him I don get admission, I decided not to go again.
I no neither tell my mama nor my friends about journey even. I worked the remaing days till the second week.
It's time to pay acceptance fee and #24k as it was shown on school website was given to me plus transport, I also hold money wey I get from work the previous week #6k, Total money wey dae my wallet na 31.5k, see as my pocket dae heavy, that's my first day to university, I could remember clearly that one of my friend who already dae unizik once told me dat you couldn't dress much ruggedly while coming to school otherwise, Anti-Cult people go get hold of you, no bangle, no weird pendant, and other stuffs.

So I decided to look simpler but classy, I wore I wore my last year xmas black trouser with "no guts no glory" black top also, then a black sandal. I reach school like 10 am hoping to be back at least 2 pm, e no far from Enugwu-ukwu after all.
Na so I reach, I found out there were people(Abakiliki) cutting and uprooting weeds, school dae somewhat bushy , it has been long vac. I guess, I found out also that people dae plenty, like 700 to be honest, we wait till 1 o'clock, no show, omo sh*t come hold me to nyansh, i no no who to ask, i thought of dropping it at roadside but people come dae roam all over, den I started looking for bush.
I begin dae go down towards *Science villa*, I followed road behind school library، like 10 minutes work, I see one bush and hoped in, come out and then, run back to school Library. As reach, sweat don full body, I found out dat some people don begin dae go, I was happy at last dem don start, lemme just do mine. I asked one guy "shey dem don start"? He said noooo, them just select 50 persons, according to dem, them go use those guys to test their computer stuff, we should b going home and return tomorrow.

I just sat down there, sweat still dae my body, na so one guy come mistake for those farmers wey dae cut dresses, Oga anyi, where I fit urinate?........
I looked at the guy, I no no wetin to tell am other Dan I don't knw. I stood up and begin dae go home, hungry don dae whine me small, money still dae, I go for bus stand, original food don finish only some rubbish snacks remain, I bought soya milk and groundnut, then enter bus ........
Re: My Admission Story by xaviercasmir(m): 10:02am On Dec 14, 2016
intresting strory bro. more update pls
Re: My Admission Story by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2016
Chapter Five

So I came back the next day being Tuesday, for my mind I go go early, na so I woke up by 5 o'clock as my mother dae prepare for her routine morning mass, I go take my baf, warm my remaining indomie Noddles wey I cook the previous day after coming back from from school. I ate my food, carry my file and off to school.

As I dae reach, its like 6:50 am, I just dae walk majestically with the intention dat I go be 1st 10 to write name, I reach there, the population wey dae there na x2 of those wey dae yesterday, its not yet 7 am,,,I come dae wonder how dem take reach, I no even bother to write my name, I just touring around for school wit like-minded friend wey I make dat day.
We later agreed make we go sleep inside school so dat we go be early to library. We called our respective families and tell dem wetin dae happen. We go sleep for Prof Festus Library (school library where dem dae pay acceptance fee) and pretend we be old students wey come to read. Na so we lie for for floor, its cold and na tiles dem do for ground.
My phone is down and I no hold charger so no ba3 no surf nairaland or chat so I slept early. I'm the middle of the night, I was known for bad sleeping manner,,,, I dae do karat for sleep, I come dae turn come dae turn, my body no touch that of my colleague, at a point, *wee* come hold me, na so I stand up, found out someone is sitting down, immediately NEPA come bring light, d guy sef dae fan himself, nawa ooo ,,,,different style of people full dis world.

In the morning, we woke up early so dat those coming from hostel won't find us sleeping, we go write our name , I dae no.4 and d other guy number is 3. We go buy food and then come back cos we go b first set wey go enter.

As we still dae wait and dae rejoice it would all end at last, Librarian come make announcement say "The generation of RRR, payment and confirmation won't hold today because post-graduate students would use the library for their own stuff, sorry for any inconvenience". I don't know wetin to do, if I go cry or laf, d third day don waste like dat plus cold and hunger wey whine me the previous night....we go home empty handed!!
Re: My Admission Story by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
herzern:
Followinq.

Ok bro
xaviercasmir:
intresting strory bro.
more update pls

Tanks bro
Re: My Admission Story by xaviercasmir(m): 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2016
your story is just the fact about the addmission routine here in the east. MORE PLS
Re: My Admission Story by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
Chapter Six

6k dat I worked so hard to get don go half, still I Neva do anything meaningful. Its already Thursday, I get prepared as usually and off to school, this time, seeing crowd no dae surprise me again, I heard a rumour that there's anoda way you fit do ur own faster, I come dae tink "which other way be dhat"

I jejely go park one corner dae listin my favorite coldplay collection na him one guy of mid 20s come meet me.Guy howfar naa? My name be Justice, I dae work with organizers and anti-cult guys, we fit help you if you go cooperate with us , It sounds too good, na den I now realize dat those people wey dae do their own no be ordinary people, they must belong to one of the... Lecture's relative,organizer's relative or THOSE THAT PAID. At first, I felt reluctant because my name dae for no. 174 of second list( each list is made of 200) and there is more chance that I can do my own than the opposite. I sat there dae observe and many people wey I first come, I mean those that are just coming are allowed to enter inside.

I took bold step go meet d guy "Justice", we arrived at #500, dem no allow me enter immediately, I stayed aside and about 15 persons come enter, they were probably those dat paid higher than I do, some played 1,000, 1,500 and even 2,000. I was later allowed to enter. As I enter, I now understand that there's anoda long queue inside d library, some are even sitting. Those guys wey dae outside dae collect money and open door for you, dem no even care if u later do your own or not. If you fail to yours that day, your money go expire!!!

I don't even mind, all I care is to do mine dat day. I stay like 3 hours dae drag for queue, my turn don almost reach, people come dae scatter the line, one guy wey dae work there come warn us make no scatter the queue unless dem go chase us all out, he even give us number serially as we dae for queue, mine is 8.The number dat were now assigned to us come make everywhere dae cool, we heard a voice Excuse !! Excuse!! we raised our face, It's the V.C

Sooooo, the man come enter inside, had a kind of meeting with staff inside school ICT centre, then come out, he said to us; "why are you worrying yourselves? You have up to one month to do this, I can see that population is too much, for this reason, we have decided to share this thing according to faculties.
Before you go in, you must show your slip and it must correspond to our schedule if not, you will be denied entry, as I go now, they will call it out. Oh I forgot to welcome you guys to our prestigious school, forgive me, welcome once again ,thank you all". The man now left, one man now come read the roster;

=> Mondays; faculties of medicine, pharmaceutical ,physical sciencies
=> Tuesdays;faculties of Engineering, Environmental sciences,,,,,,,,
=> Wednesdays ; faculties of management, Law,,,,,,,
As he mention management for Wednesday, I was indeed disappointed, i no even listen to the remaining days. The man said we should all go except those that has theirs on Thursdays, that's how my #500 bribe went in vain.........
Re: My Admission Story by xaviercasmir(m): 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2016
To do your addmission payment especially in more popular universities is like chasing a fish inside water.
I get the experience shaa
RIDE ON BROTHER
Re: My Admission Story by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
Chapter Seven

The thinny vex me like die, my money now almost finish. So as I dae go back home, I drop for Eke-Awka make I go price 12 - in - 1 notebook wey I go use start class.
I was budgeting 400/500 but to my surprise, na x2 of my budget. I say make I no buy, maybe by next week I when I résumé school fully, I go buy.
It might even be cheaper within the school na so I begin going home.

I'm now economising my remaining money wey b 2k + change. I decided to trek from Eke-Awka to Amawbia in order to save #20 not knowing na village people dae advice me spiritually. I reach Dike park and noticed some that there were something seriously going on, I peep and see one guy like dhat wey talk about using 1k to win 2k. I got more interested and forced myself closer. The guy carry 3 black tinx for hand, dat tin na carton designed in d form of laptop but its way smaller dan lappy, its size dae like half of 20 leaves book.
In one of the those three cartons was a picture of a fine oyibo girl, the guy go open those this cartons and u go see the one wey dat pic dae, after dat , he go start rotating it so fast with some fast words wey u no fit grab anytin wey he dae talk. For you to win, you must point correctly to dat one wey the pic dae.

I first of all observe things, some people dae win while many dae lose.
I found out its very easy but still I don't want to stake yet, I'm afraid of losing more money. So dat guy come do dat rotation again, one guy pointed and fail, the guy now say he wan give bonus, he Say anypne can try for free and win 1k, omo I say make I try, I pointed and won. The guy say I go win 3k for 1k make point again, na so I agree, I mumuly give am 1k, he do rotation again, I pointed and fail. I vexed and tell am I wan stake again with the confidence dat I go take my remaining 1k win 2k so dat e go balance. I stake again, I looked closely during the rotation, I'm very sure that the pic dae for the carton wey dae for centre, I'm very sure, 101% sure, I pointed it say make he open am, to the greatestest surprise, the tin no dae for dat second carton.

2k don disappear like dat, my mind now started calling me "mumu" while you go play am, why you go troway your hard earned money, e for better if you use am go chop chicken for beer parlour.
I bring out my wallet, bring out my change wey remain, count am ant its #190, I no wan trek to Amawbia again, I take #70 enter shuttle and started going home with anger.
Re: My Admission Story by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
And Finally;........

After all this tinx wey I don see, I waited for anoda week, gather enof money and on Wednesday, I carry myself go unizik again.
I no bother to go early, I budget 1k I go pay one of the organizers. As we dae wait for library basement as usual, one of the organizers come ask for my phone, he begged me dat he wanted to use it and vote for someone.The funny thing is dat I don't knw he be one of dem, I get data and battery, so no gain for saying no. I give am my phone and he voted for one black fine bae like dat, I even go ahead and teach him how to clear cache and cookie he can vote as many times as possible.

The guy thanked me and left, as I dae have fun with other fellas wey dae wait just like me, the guy come call me say make I come, I followed him go inside, the guy say make I enter password and generate my remitta, he helped me for everything.
Na so I reach bank wey I go pay,,,like school website say 24k, I thought 24k is 24k but no, after everything with different names, total money na 26,700 naira. I hold money shaa so e no pain me too much, because at last I don dae pay acceptance fee.

.................. THE END...............

Remember its a short story
Re: My Admission Story by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
herzern:
Followinq.

E don finish
Re: My Admission Story by herzern(m): 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nice Story bruh..

Buh the comedy isn't enouqh..
Re: My Admission Story by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
Aiit bro.... Moro go b better

(1) (Reply)

Summer Campus Episode 1 / A Letter To Death By The Penless Writer / We Are Able

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.