Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,431 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. (1698 Views)

How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) / First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO) / Access Bank Now Charges N20 For All USSD Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
If you are banking with First bank you should be careful and pray because this bank can send you to jail or back to your village. Now im completely stranded and helpless because of their incompetence staffs and d poor customer relation.
My ordeal started last week friday when my neigbour approch me to use my account to receive money from his brother who stay in kebbi. The money is meant to treat his ailing mother. I gave him the account and 130k was sent to the account. We went the ATM together and withdrew 100k instantly. Having reached the maximum 100k withdrawal per ATM, i tried to transfer the money to my gt bank so that i can withdraw the remaining 30k. And thats how the problem started. I received and error notification from the ATM and at the same time i received a debit sms in my phone.
My saliva started to dry after i waited for almost 3 hours and i did not receive a credit alert in my Gt bank. I quickly called their customer care and i was told to wait for three days.
It has been almost 5 days now and im yet to receive any notification from them. I wasted morethan 2k calling their useless support and all of their representatives seems clueless about the issue.
I dont even have anything on me right now and the guy whose money is it have been on my neck lately. Right now i am not even at home and the guy has sent me several messages threatening me. He said He gon held me responsible should his mother die.
I am really devastated right now. I regret banking with First bank in my life. I dont know what to do.
Mod should please help me push this to fp so that people should know what this bank is capable of.
MMM is even better than some of this banks because it atleast come with warning that you should only invest your spare money. But this bank will promise you all is fine only to frustrate your life when there is any technical issue that is totally their fault.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by SexyNairalander: 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
your friend is just silly

if you didn't give him your account number he would have tagged you as a bad friend

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by gidimasters(m): 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2016
True talk jare

Sexynairalander
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
SexyNairalander:
your friend is just silly

if you didn't give him your account number he would have tagged you as a bad friend

He is just frustrated with the whole thing. I have been telling him to be patience for almost a week now. I dont blame him.
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by SexyNairalander: 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
papiforreal:

He is just frustrated with the whole thing. I have been telling him to be patience for almost a week now. I dont blame him.
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
gidimasters:
True talk jare

Sexynairalander

Help publish it in your blog please. So that people will see First bank for what it is, wicked bank.
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by SexyNairalander: 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
papiforreal:

we don't blame him, at least you have learnt your lesson. . .

Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by totosucker(m): 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2016
Why don't you go to the bank instead of just sitting at home and calling them. They have a way of resolving this issues. If possible, go with d guy that has d money so that he will know that it is not your fault.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
totosucker:
Why don't you go to the bank instead of just sitting at home and calling them. They have a way of resolving this issues. If possible, go with d guy that has d money so that he will know that it is not your fault.

THANKS. I AM GOING THERE TOMORROW.
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by ritababe(f): 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2016
tragic
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by laluski(m): 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
papiforreal:
If you are banking with First bank you should be careful and pray because this bank can send you to jail or back to your village. Now im completely stranded and helpless because of their incompetence staffs and d poor customer relation.
My ordeal started last week friday when my neigbour approch me to use my account to receive money from his brother who stay in kebbi. The money is meant to treat his ailing mother. I gave him the account and 130k was sent to the account. We went the ATM together and withdrew 100k instantly. Having reached the maximum 100k withdrawal per ATM, i tried to transfer the money to my gt bank so that i can withdraw the remaining 30k. And thats how the problem started. I received and error notification from the ATM and at the same time i received a debit sms in my phone.
My saliva started to dry after i waited for almost 3 hours and i did not receive a credit alert in my Gt bank. I quickly called their customer care and i was told to wait for three days.
It has been almost 5 days now and im yet to receive any notification from them. I wasted morethan 2k calling their useless support and all of their representatives seems clueless about the issue.
I dont even have anything on me right now and the guy whose money is it have been on my neck lately. Right now i am not even at home and the guy has sent me several messages threatening me. He said He gon held me responsible should his mother die.
I am really devastated right now. I regret banking with First bank in my life. I dont know what to do.
Mod should please help me push this to fp so that people should know what this bank is capable of.
MMM is even better than some of this banks because it atleast come with warning that you should only invest your spare money. But this bank will promise you all is fine only to frustrate your life when there is any technical issue that is totally their fault.

if u love urself DONT EVER...I MEAN EVER Give anyone your account details again.A close friend that i know is in jail for past 3 months just because of giving someone his account details that busted after 2 years.i wont check bother checking this topic again...my 2 cents to u.gud luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by 234GT(m): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
Walk into any FirstBank branch and complain to the customer service officer. It will be logged and resolved.
The bank is not scamming you in any way. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by grownaira: 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2016
papiforreal:

THANKS. I AM GOING THERE TOMORROW.
Carry your friend a long.
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by pointstores(m): 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
naija when do we grow up
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2016
papiforreal:

So your are saying First Bank scammed you...abi? Little network issue that happens everyday and you are ranting like a mad cow. Mtcheeeew!

By the way who is sending you to prison?

Guy, you are high...calm down
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2016
kenkenn:

So your are saying First Bank scammed you...abi? Little network issue that happens everyday and you are ranting like a mad cow. Mtcheeeew!

Don't mind him, exaggeration on another level . Op, take ur friend with you to the bank so he would believe your excuses
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by dragnet: 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2016
So you couldn't walk straight to your bank to complain for over 3 days ?
Social media can't solve everything for you, you haven't even exhausted half of the possible means of getting a solution.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by sellydion: 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
When is the maximum withdrawal from ATM N100k?

The last I know is N150k
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by Funjosh(m): 12:12am On Dec 15, 2016
kenkenn:

you Called That Little Network Issue Abi Its More Than 3days Fa,
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 15, 2016
Serious issue like this is not to talk phone as you said that you ve called their customer many times it need your present with the enquiry they will give you a form fill in all your details your money will be return to you....
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 15, 2016
I no just know why I no wan believe this story, I just don't know why but anyway since I heard about how a guy gave some one he just met after some days his account number for someone to send him money, not knowing the guy is into crime and was apprehended cos his account was use to transfer the money, av stop giving people my account number to help transfer money except my mom...

stop giving people your account number for someone to send them money, that's all.
Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by infohenry(m): 7:11am On Dec 15, 2016
You have an unresolved debit with your bank, you sat at home and spent 2k calling customer care instead of entering the nearest firstbank Hall which I believe will cost you not more than 200 Naira and get your issue resolved. The next thing you did was to rush to nairaland to complain about scam and jail. My friend stop seeking attention, go and do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Scammed By First Bank, Now I Am Going To Jail Because Of It. by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 15, 2016
Funjosh:
you Called That Little Network Issue Abi Its More Than 3days Fa,

Yes. Did you visit the bank's customer desk to get it resolved?

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can I Do With 20k And A Bike? / Higher Purchase / Pls Anyone With Idea On How To Start Selling Data MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.