Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons (11034 Views)

Super Falcons Qualify For The Second Round In The Women’s World Cup / Super Falcons Players Celebrating Argentina's Goal Against Scotland Yesterday. / Yobo And Obafemi Martins Picture With The King Of Elegushi And Iwo Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by james669: 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2016

Former Super Eagles skipper, Joseph Yobo, has expressed his sadness over the poor treatment meted on players of the Super Falcons since they returned from this 2016 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.

Since returning from the Women’s AFCON, the Falcons are yet to be paid their outstanding allowances by the cash-strapped Nigeria Football Federation, and have not been hosted nor rewarded by the federal government.On Wednesday morning the Falcons decided to embark on a protest march at the entrance of the National Assembly Complex in Abuja, agitating for their outstanding allowances and bonuses estimated to be $24,000 each, approximately N11.5m per player.

In the course of the protest, the Chief of Staff to President Muhammad Buhari, Abba Kyari met with the players and assured them that they will be paid their entitlements in two days.

Reacting to the protest march by the Super Falcons, Yobo called on the concerned bodies to look into the issue.

“My feelings are hurt by the treatment of our champions, the Super Falcons. This issue must be resolved for the dignity of our sports people,” Yobo wrote on his Twitter handle on Wednesday.

Source: http://nigerianewstoday.com.ng/yobo-laments-poor-treatment-of-super-falcons/

1 Like

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by omotay12345(m): 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
Boda Yobo tell them

2 Likes

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2016
w
Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by richidinho(m): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2016
grin

The worst govt ever

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by tempest01(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
Smh
Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nigeria is messed up.

4 Likes

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by onihaxy: 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by jchuchu(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
Buhari is a dullard

D ostrich man

24 Likes

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by orobs93(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
It's a shame nobody deemed it fit to join dem in d protest

16 Likes

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by Iamvictor(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
May God save Nigeria from the problems her people brought on themselves

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
SHAMELESS president

4 Likes

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by Siga: 8:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
... I know some say this has nothing to do with Buhari... but this is a National Disgrace... and Buhari is in charge of the nation... So do the needful ... Not only pay these ladies.... fire or discipline ur Minister ...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by BrutalJab: 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2016
That Red beret wearing Cultist/Prison Warder is the most useless and unfortunate Minister of the year.

Talking and behaving like a goat. Mtcheew

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by FLYFIRE(m): 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2016
Buhari IS A BIG F.OOL. An IDIO.T whom we know WILL take Nigeria back MANY years

6 Likes

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by Mopolchi: 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
ALL OF US ARE LAMENTING!
Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by Hades2016(m): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nigeria is fvvckd up with a long diccck undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by mrlaw93(m): 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nigeria has become poo since Buhari resumed power.. The aboki man is a sadist. Never again would we vote an aboki into power.. I regret cajoling people into voting him..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by tolexy007(m): 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
ok
Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by blackjah(m): 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
pls oga buhari, just do this one good thing for me, even if you don't pay those falcons, just fire that minister wey dey wear beret, I use God mix with Allah beg you

9 Likes

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by blackjah(m): 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
tolexy007:
Yesterday, when reading abt MMM on fb, I couldn't make out d info bcoz gathering information from fb can be a little stressful. d irony is DT d MMM patronizers didn't show any panic( even in their voice when explaining d crunch to me) On d other hand, MMM pessimists re showing panic and some celebrating not being on d scheme.
My conclusion is dt we (MMM pessimists) were envious of them (MMM optimists) when they were smiling to d bank. or else we should have been neutral abt d success or failure of d whole scheme.

#Copied#
you too oshogbo premium, Wetin concern ball with MMM?
Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by LOSKYXANDER: 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
I would exchange my Nigerian citizenship for one bag of rice I swear!!!!! I have so much lost hope in this country that I don't even believe in the next government administrations to come. They are all useless as if this country in some sort of spell!!!! useless government!! useless ministry!!! useless everything!!! yeye country!!! as for the olodos who felt that one man could just appear from no where to make 1 dollar equal to 1 naira....enjoy your change!!! zombies angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by daclint(m): 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2016
No vote buhari una refused, e don dey happen
Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by zabadii(m): 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2016
And the best minister of the year 2016 is. Dalung

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
Thats what u get when the head of a nation sees women as persons whose duties are in the kitchen and other room. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by saintfizzo(m): 8:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
I've been waiting for this..... a surprise no successful sports man has shown solidarity all along.... infact I wish a selfless successful citizen of this country will reward this girls and put the FG to shame.... this is so inhumane..... ass*oles pocketing nonsense allowance but starving our champions..... if only karma was real
Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by Akshow: 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
cry

1 Like

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 14, 2016
Obasanjo's presidential handshake was better appreciated than whatever Buhari would give these girls.
Eledumare has really punished Nigerians with Buhari, for being sooo daft to vote in this dullard

2 Likes

Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by Yinkatolu: 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2016
what do u expect when Dalung has turned Dashort
Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2016
Mteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew, smh,this country is messed up in all facets,it has become worse since the change chanters took the mantle of leadership
Re: Yobo Laments Poor Treatment Of Super Falcons by truthspeaks: 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
Am sure CAF n FIFA r seeing dis. They shldnt be surprised wen nigeria's national teams r absent @ their sporting events. Maybe captain ostrich n NFF will go play demselves.

Bunch of useless idiots in govt

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chelsea Come From Two Down To Draw Liverpool In Thriller / World Para Powerlifting African Championships 2022: How we fared in Cairo / What Is Your Prediction On Nigeria Vs Angola?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.