Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards (11410 Views)

FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant / Landlord Evicts Tenant Not Knowing That His Daughter Has Collected Rent / Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by akelicious(m): 5:14am On Dec 15, 2016
In spite of repeated calls by the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, calling on all police commands in the country to withdraw mobile policemen serving as personal guards, a 49-year-old estate consultant based in the United States of America, Mrs. Toyin Momodu, has raised the alarm over the invasion of her property by armed policemen on the instruction of one of her her tenants, names withheld.
She alleged that the said tenant is colluding with a senior police officer, who has dispatched policemen with guns to the building for a 24-hour surveillance, “in a brazen attempt to take over the property from her.”
The house is a five-apartment building on Adebola Street, off Adeniran Ogunsanya, Surulere, Lagos, which Momodu said she bought from the Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (LSDPC) 15 years ago.Momodu is not alone in her fears about the sudden appearance of policemen. Other tenants have also expressed fear about the activities and intentions of the said tenant, who has mobilized, at least, six policemen to stay in the compound as his bodyguards everyday.
Momodu told The Guardian that she got hint of the unusual police presence in her compound some days ago when a tenant sent her an email to inform her that heavily armed men had taken over the house.
Explaining how the tenant came to live in her house, she said: “I rented out all the four other apartments in the house and left one to be used by me and my family when we are in Nigeria. It is fully furnished with a large generating set. I was advised to sublet it so that everything would not lie fallow for the period I am abroad. So, my brother informed me that he had found someone who, wanted to rent it for an initial period of three months.
“I didn’t even ask what he did because I believed his stay was just temporary. We agreed on the payment of N8,000 per night, which amounted to N240,000 per month. In March 2016 when he came, he first paid N168,000 and later paid N400,000, totaling N568,000 for 71 days rent.
“But since the last N400,000, he stopped paying. I called him to find out what was wrong but he said he promised to pay his debt, which is now over N2 million. After that, he issued cheques, which the banks said were dud. It was after I got wind of the policemen in my compound that I was forced to come to Nigeria to find out what was actually going on.
“When I got back to Nigeria and went to my house, I asked the six policemen what they were doing and they said they were guarding one of my tenants. I have told him to leave my house. I even told him to forget the money he owed because I just wanted him out. But he has refused to move. I am actually afraid of going into my own home now,” she said.
Momodu said she had reported the matter at the Bode Thomas Police Division, where the Divisional Police Officer had ordered the said tenant to immediately vacate the house. When our correspondent visited the house on Tuesday, two armed police sergeants and a corporal were sitting in the compound.

One of them, Sergeant Odetola Victor, challenged why anybody would want to take the picture of the house while he also threatened to get our reporter arrested before the intervention of passersby prevailed

http://www.akelicious.com/2016/12/landlord-alleges-sabotage-as-tenant.html#more2

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by HungerBAD: 5:19am On Dec 15, 2016
Lol

5 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by JesusmyGod1: 6:02am On Dec 15, 2016
kiss
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by feodan: 6:14am On Dec 15, 2016
GOD BLESS EVERYBODY THAT IS READING THIS

7 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by dsauce: 6:32am On Dec 15, 2016
the tenant must be related to buhari or some oga at the top to enjoy such police protection. Chai the person get connection o

1 Like

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by nonjebose(m): 7:05am On Dec 15, 2016
Does the tenant not have a name? She should take further legal actions against the crook

9 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by herzern(m): 6:23am On Dec 16, 2016
When you Dont have a house of your own but has 3 or more policemen protectinq yhu..

I quess you need to see TB Joshua for prayers..

27 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by veekid(m): 6:24am On Dec 16, 2016

dullard
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by osborn442(m): 6:26am On Dec 16, 2016
Its sad...

1 Like

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by Mujaheeeden: 6:28am On Dec 16, 2016
Either the Tenant is a Cow or Hausa Fulani. Those are the only people that get Police protection in this regime

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by MrHighSea: 6:29am On Dec 16, 2016
Police men reduced to baby sitting

1 Like

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by DEWKID(m): 6:32am On Dec 16, 2016
Ah ya ya ya ya I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:36am On Dec 16, 2016
when u dey make milions we nor ear oh, trouble don start now u com dey tel us, deal wit it, next topic pls

3 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by Blurryface(m): 6:39am On Dec 16, 2016
8000 per day? I don't know between the tenant and the landlord who is the bigger thief. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by samtee37(m): 6:41am On Dec 16, 2016
Nawa oo.. ... You are a tenant and u still ask me by for guard... My brother you are a criminal. ....
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 16, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
when u dey make milions we nor ear oh, trouble don start now u com dey tel us, deal wit it, next topic pls
typical Nigeria attitude.

7 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by caesaraba(m): 6:43am On Dec 16, 2016
herzern:
When you Dont have a house of your own but has 3 or more policemen protectinq yhu..

I quess you need to see TB Joshua for prayers..

How you guys repeatedly mix up the words "has" and "have," is just mind-blowing.

14 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by lordlarry(m): 6:53am On Dec 16, 2016
Haba na!
why wasting time to get police antidote?
Ojo military boys will get both the police & the said tenant out with less than 5 words.
just try & see

3 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by martyns303(m): 6:57am On Dec 16, 2016
Blurryface:
8000 per day? I don't know between the tenant and the landlord who is the bigger thief. grin grin

N8K is actually cheap, The apartment is fully furnished, my guess is its probably a 3 bedroom, with its own generating set. If u were to lodge in an hotel with same standard, you would be paying at least N30K per night.

The idea of staying in a furnished apartment (cheaper) instead of hotels is done in other parts of the world too, u just bring only ur clothes, everything else is there. I always prefer such when travelling....

16 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by adedehinbo(m): 6:58am On Dec 16, 2016
Blurryface:
is he not aware of the amount before moved in?that guy na crook

4 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 16, 2016
That one na omo onile tenant o. Some tenants are landlords in disguise. . .lol!
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by Kimjinkyu(f): 7:05am On Dec 16, 2016
8k per day. kai
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by Queenybliss(f): 7:11am On Dec 16, 2016
learn how to make 37000 with 7400 ,check my signature
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by gabbytabby: 7:16am On Dec 16, 2016
I dont know why they are not mentioning names with photo self. 9ja is a funny place so you have to use all tools at your disposal.
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by realomonile: 7:18am On Dec 16, 2016
Ok

To know the current price of Rooftiles in Nigeria/Lagos..

Click here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by opo2unity: 7:19am On Dec 16, 2016
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by Adeoba10(m): 7:23am On Dec 16, 2016
Foolish people, ordinary tenant you are using 6 mobile police as bodyguard, if you become landlord nko, am sure police, soldier, Navy, lastma, trace, kai, peace corp, Vigilante, and opc will be included in your security list.

But, to think of it, that photographer get mind sha....

1 Like

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 16, 2016
This is vintage Nigeria for you, we soo love to overly complicate our lives
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by yetseyi(f): 7:33am On Dec 16, 2016
By the time the Landlord takes a drastic measure , you will begin to hear people say all sorts, as if Landlords are not humans too.
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by azzima(m): 7:41am On Dec 16, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Either the Tenant is a Cow or Hausa Fulani. Those are the only people that get Police protection in this regime
funny enough, in other media outlet(naija gist. Com)the tenant is an igbo businessman. The police force said they can't do anything about the police guards because the businessman is using police officers that work for a company that he does business with. And so No wonder we have armed robberies every where when 10 policemen guard just ONE man when they can be dispatched elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by TwinexReelman(m): 7:45am On Dec 16, 2016
Adeoba10:
Foolish people, ordinary tenant you are using 6 mobile police as bodyguard, if you become landlord nko, am sure police, soldier, Navy, lastma, trace, kai, peace corp, Vigilante, and opc will be included in your security list.

But, to think of it, that photographer get mind sha....
Army barracks go follow join grin cool
Re: Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards by kuluTemper: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2016
@OP: you could name the police sergeant (Victor) but you are so scared to name the tenant.

What do you want us to do? Go and harass the poor police sergeant for obeying the orders of a 'name withheld' tenant.

Go get some balls man. Name the tenant.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Building A Four Flat: Need All The Help And Advice I Can Get / Ivory Court Xmas Sales @ 1.2m Instalment Plan Available / For sale: Ibafo uncompleted 4bdrms bungalow & House @ Mowe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.