Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls (7570 Views)

Edo State Polytechnic Expels 2 Students Caught Having Sex In Lecture Halls / Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) / Students Banned From Wearing Shoes And Socks To Exam Halls In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by morereb10: 8:39am On Dec 15, 2016
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has said that all computer-based centres to be accredited for the registration of 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), must now have Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras.

This was revealed by JAMB Registrar, Professor Ishaq Oloyede, during an interactive meeting with operators of CBT centres from across the country, at the University of Lagos (UNILAG). Oloyede explained that this was necessary, to avoid errors of the past. He also stated that the new process has made cybercafe operators redundant, as the computer-based centres to be accredited must have 250 desktop or laptop systems in a single room, with provision for additional 25 systems as back-ups.

Oloyede said: “What we have said is that we are in a period of change, and what that means is that everything we have been doing must be reviewed. Whatever we have been doing rights will have to be reinforced while what were doing wrongly will be changed.

“For the purpose of the CBT centres, we have to introduce the CCTV so that whatever that is going on at our centres can be monitored anywhere in the world. “We are also standardizing the CBT centres so that all CBT centres will have 250 computers with 10 per cent of the figure as backups.”

What do you think guys?

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/12/no-more-expo-jamb-poised-to-introduce.html

cc lalasticlala dominique missyb3 mynd44

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by acenazt: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2016
Lol Jamb want turn to SAT

2 Likes

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Solowande(m): 8:45am On Dec 15, 2016
I'm foreseeing mission impossible 2.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Zambux(f): 8:46am On Dec 15, 2016
No be today ooo
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by DaBullIT(m): 8:51am On Dec 15, 2016
Stupid move to embezzle funds

Instead of CCTV , why don't they kukuma ask for centers specially built for Jamb exams so we kukuma know Jamb na school , So they'll ask for generator to put on at the halls too abi wetin ?

CCTV can only see so much , if the invigilators are too stupid to stop malpractice , how will a mindless CCTV stop it ?

will they hook the cctv to a live monitoring crew ? or someone will just collect the tapes to review them later ?

What happens when light goes off ? and trust me , someone will pay touts to come and disconnect exam centre's light

Just a waste of money , a right move in the wrong direction

But i am not suprised , Nigeria as usual

See how you gloated as if you just won ticket to see Obama , Iii ewn won see your mouth

Answer my questions , will there be invigilators or not ?
Who will supply those CCTv
Who will install them , will that be grant from FG or JAMB's pocket
How soon will they install? before , on exam's day ( if it's before it can be compromised, if its on Dday, it might be improperly fixed)
Where will all the feeds be directed one station or several offices ?
Who will monitor the feeds ?
How many people will do that ??
What's the cost implication of using your Forward Generators across the countries
Will those be rented or supplied by JAMB ?
VPN VSAT is immune to network disruptions , Is that what you are saying ?

Answer all these questions if you can , let's see who is more backwards

david22uu you must answer these questions to prove you have balls and you are forward

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Fairgodwin(m): 8:55am On Dec 15, 2016
I am tempted to say, 'I'm not understanding' undecided

1 Like

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by veekid(m): 8:55am On Dec 15, 2016

the guy above the guy above me has said it all.
I comment my reserve

2 Likes

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Aburi001: 8:55am On Dec 15, 2016
That na wasting of time and resources. Where is the constant light to power it?

I trust my people, they will either disconnect the CCTV cable, cover the screen or turn the screen to another direction. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by celestialAgent(m): 8:55am On Dec 15, 2016
Long over due.

If you ever wrote IELTS, or wrote an exam in my school in Ghana, you will know Exams organized by Nigeria bodies are nonsense.

When I wrote IELTS and School Exams, even the local invigilators were being invigilated through a CCTV. And when shit happens (if you cheat in the school exams), they won't tell you, you won't just see your result. And when you go and make enquiry, they will just play the clip for you! Dos ppl are so crazy!!!

Now tell me how you will use a machinery for such exam!

WAEC AND JAMB should better step up..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by jchuchu(m): 8:55am On Dec 15, 2016
Dis ppl nor get plans at all

I blame d dullard for dis
D ostrich man

2 Likes

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by seXytOhbAd(m): 8:55am On Dec 15, 2016
Some things we do as a country just make me think that we enjoy taking one step forward, 5 steps back.

Let us use common sense please. A centre which is to seat how many people will bear the cost of registration with JAMB, computers(250), cctv, solar/inverter, and generator(most likely diesel).
This means that they will exclude smaller communities from writing JAMB. Okay. So new question please,
Who is fooling whom? I need to know please
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Frank3n2(m): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2016
Gobe o!!! grin
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by kstix(m): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2016
Good one but i trust my Nigerian people, they will always find a way. Even if na to put the answers beside d cctv camera sef, they will find a way. Naija i hail thee!!

1 Like

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by richidinho(m): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2016
grin
Show me some love today is my birthday

7 Likes

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 15, 2016
Nigeria and stupid ideals
Yet they think MMM is scam
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by harykeh(f): 8:57am On Dec 15, 2016
CCTV or none, malpractice will still happen.

1 Like

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by elitejosef: 8:58am On Dec 15, 2016
I smell people stealing attitude again
But it's a nice one if done rightly
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by kstix(m): 8:59am On Dec 15, 2016
PUSH1:
Nigeria and stupid ideals
Yet they think MMM is scam
I like your faith, brother strong faith. Shebi you have put your money in the MMM? Ehn wait and see whether u will get it back na. U better come to terms with facts o coz right now u are still in denial mode. It happens when we are suddenly disappointed, we seem to think things will still work out when the ship has sailed a long time ago. Sorry mate.

2 Likes

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Oblitz(m): 9:05am On Dec 15, 2016
very good
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Young03(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2016
Hm
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Rizstar: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2016
I can help JAMB to over all malpractice challenges, quick result release, logistics problems with new technology. They should contact me.
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2016
kstix:

I like your faith, brother strong faith. Shebi you have put your money in the MMM? Ehn wait and see whether u will get it back na. U better come to terms with facts o coz right now u are still in denial mode. It happens when we are suddenly disappointed, we seem to think things will still work out when the ship has sailed a long time ago. Sorry mate.

The last time I checked, it not your money.
I am already on vacation. stop worrying about my cash. You think that people that does mmm are jobless like you.
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by jnrbayano(m): 9:10am On Dec 15, 2016
A welcome idea.
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Bubutek: 9:12am On Dec 15, 2016
Jamb is terrible
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Jahzrockballer(m): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2016
These pple dont knw dah real n!qqas ll always have their way out!!!
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by kstix(m): 9:14am On Dec 15, 2016
PUSH1:

The last time I checked, it not your money.
I am already on vacation. stop worrying about my cash. You think that people that does it are jobless like you.
Hahahahahaha. Funny guy. Nope i'm not as greedy as you are, trying to make money u didn't work for. I make my money through real hustling. I don't need to depend on hand outs from a fraudulent site to go on a vacation. P. S go and vent ur anger and frustration somewhere else. Lolzzz. My condolences though
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 15, 2016
Fairgodwin:
I am tempted to say, 'I'm not understanding' undecided
It is very simple. When i did Pearson Test Of English in Sapetro Tower in Lagos 2012, an invigilator was monitoring me from London through the CCTV

It's the same process.
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2016
kstix:

Hahahahahaha. Funny guy. Nope i'm not as greedy as you are, trying to make money u didn't work for. I make my money through real hustling. I don't need to depend on hand outs from a fraudulent site to go on a vacation. P. S go and vent ur anger and frustration somewhere else. Lolzzz. My condolences though

You are the funny guy here.
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Pavore9: 9:19am On Dec 15, 2016
E don happen! grin
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by fortunechy(m): 9:26am On Dec 15, 2016
A box of pizza costs N3500, A bag of cement costs N1500...... You see these gals that are eating your mansion; Any spirit eating your two bag's of cement under 20minutes in form of pizza, I don't know the kind of thunder you wish for them though. But for me the thunder that will strike them, will come with a flood and carry them to their husbands house. But...bros you dey craze how can you be feeding someone else's wife to be with your destiny... If you are a victim of this circumstance oya receive sense now...
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:28am On Dec 15, 2016
Computers neva work well na cctv.. What a joke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Total/elf Scholarship / Apply Now For NIIT Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2015 / Why Do Nigeria Borrow Money Whereby They Can Prints More Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.