Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State (8409 Views)

FCMB Wants To Open A Branch for Their Customers In Heaven / Skye Bank Customers Don't Panic - 10 Things To Know About Skye Bank Takeover / Don't Panic, Your Money Is Intact- CBN Assures All Ex-skye Bank Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by dipoolowoo: 10:58am On Dec 15, 2016
By Dipo Olowookere

If a poll is conducted on which bank customers in Nigeria are in confused and panic mode at the moment, the result might show those with Heritage Bank in the lead.

News reports hitting the cyber space lately concerning the financial institution have not been very palatable to the ears. Even the deaf and the blind are getting worried too.

In the past months, Heritage Bank has had to run to the roof tops to allay the fears of its numerous customers that it is not in distress as being reported in some quarters.

Also, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has had to join in the ‘town crying’ that Heritage Bank is healthy and not heading to the rocks.

Some weeks ago, it was reported that Heritage Bank Plc was unable to meet customers’ immediate withdrawal requests and also wiped out all foreign currency domiciliary accounts.

It was further alleged in the report that senior management staff of the bank plunged it to crisis through embezzlement carried out by award of bogus contracts to relatives.

According to a latest report, it was alleged that Heritage Bank is presently like a ghost its management is desperately trying to give the appearance of a virile financial institution.

It was also alleged that Heritage Bank sold one of its properties on Femi Pearse Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, to attain a measure of liquidity and used the proceeds to pay the rent of the bank’s offices at Ajose Adeogun and Moshood Olugbani Streets, both on Victoria Island, Lagos.

Furthermore, the report further alleged that the bank’s management has been borrowing money to pay salaries since September 2016 and has also embarked on sacking its workers in batches so as to lessen its workforce due to its present state.

In all these, customers of the bank do not know what step to take at the moment; whether to quickly withdraw all their hard-earned money or leave it with the bank or if to believe assurances from the bank and the CBN or to reports warning them of imminent danger.

What has fuelled the dilemma more is the fact that in Nigeria, it is normal for management of banks to make things look very good until bubble bursts. Cases of banks looking very vibrant on the outside in the late 2000s, which were later sold, quickly come to mind.

It is now being feared if Heritage Bank customers won’t turn out to be like participants of MMM Nigeria, who were being assured of safety of their money by operators despite warnings from government agencies, but only to wake up this week to learn that they have been barred from withdrawing their money until 2017, dashing their hopes of a vibrant Christmas.

But in all, Heritage Bank has continued to assure its customers that it is still very healthy and that their money is in safe hands.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2016/12/15/heritage-bank-customers-panic-banks-true-state/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by Great6Pack(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2016
Sincerely I don't know the financial state of Heritage bank but I won't in my right senses have anything to do with a bank that has Saraki as one of the founders.

Saraki dealt a massive blow to the old Societe Generale bank depositors by swindiling their money to promote his political ambition. Even till now many people are suffering the effect of his action and he is galivanting and enjoying his loot.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 15, 2016
shocked
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 15, 2016
grin

SARAKI'S MMM BANK

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by izzy4shizzy(m): 11:21am On Dec 15, 2016
MMM has opened the door

Which kind wahala be this
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by nmreports: 11:22am On Dec 15, 2016
It is well
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by yorke1: 11:22am On Dec 15, 2016
It is well
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by darksuit(m): 11:22am On Dec 15, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by AshiwajuFoward: 11:22am On Dec 15, 2016
Abi Heritage too wan pull another MMM on their customers?

6 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by aieromon(m): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2016
The fear of the Sarakis is the beginning of wisdom
Run from that bank

3 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by tolexy007(m): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by Dahkogrin007(m): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2016
And pple are thr shouting MMM

6 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by Olofintoto(m): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2016
HB freezing customers' account like mmm

2 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by seunlly(m): 11:24am On Dec 15, 2016
It is well even in the well grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by mrsough(m): 11:24am On Dec 15, 2016
What's happening to this country now!!! Recession things and now this?
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by mancityguy: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2016
wetin concern wit dat kind of bank
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by sonyviao(m): 11:24am On Dec 15, 2016
lols... MMM bank bawo... gbogbo ee ni MMM ni? grin
Candycrusher:
grin

MMM BANK
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by 3rdavefarms(m): 11:24am On Dec 15, 2016
Please tell me just single thing that is working so good in Nigeria #nothingworkshere
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2016
Dahkogrin007:
And pple are thr shouting MMM

Most Nigerians don't bank with Heritage Bank.

1 Like

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by nerilove(m): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2016
Nothing is wrong with th bank. The management and CBN have assured us that the bank is healthy. Why are people trying to bring others down. Do you know better than the CBN?

2 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by coolk(m): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2016
Hmmm

I hate it when unsubstantiated claims are spread to the detriment of an entity; especially institutions whose value are affected by the prevailing public sentiment.

When news agencies begin to spread rumors like market women is the dearth of investigative journalism.

1 Like

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by Moreoffaith(m): 11:26am On Dec 15, 2016
[b]Make dem sha make sure say dem crash where we go see the Black Box grin grin grin cos we still dey search for Mavro Airline blackbox oo.[/b]
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by Tunchi101(m): 11:26am On Dec 15, 2016
This bank is a very useless bank I swear. Used their ATM once and it was one of the biggest banking mistakes of my life! Till today, that ATM never give me my cash!

2 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by Mpanyi: 11:26am On Dec 15, 2016
Negative reports kill banks. People should stop this!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by nerilove(m): 11:27am On Dec 15, 2016
9jakohai:

Most Nigerians don't bank with Heritage Bank.
says who? This is a young bank trying to find its feet. It came when recession is at the starting point.
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by cato3(m): 11:27am On Dec 15, 2016
you single handly liquidated intercontinental bank.now you want to liquidate heritage.haba daala
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by nerilove(m): 11:28am On Dec 15, 2016
Tunchi101:
This bank is a very useless bank I swear. Used their ATM once and it was one of the biggest banking mistakes of my life! Till today, that ATM never give me my cash!
when you don't know how to use ATM, how will it pay you.

1 Like

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by okonja(m): 11:28am On Dec 15, 2016
Na wa ooo
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by sakalisis(m): 11:28am On Dec 15, 2016
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by MrMcJay(m): 11:30am On Dec 15, 2016
MMM Logo = Green and White
Heritage Bank Logo = Green and White
Nigerian Flag = Green and white

The three of them = Are in trouble.

4 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by RatedStar: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2016
MMM, now a point of reference
Re: Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State by philip0906(m): 11:32am On Dec 15, 2016
nerilove:
when you don't know how to use ATM, how will it pay you.
Do you work for them? Or are you a member of the Saraki family? Why are you desperately trying to defend them? This is your second post putting up a defence for them.

@op who in his right thinking sense banks with heritage bank?

3 Likes

(1) (2)

See The Alert I Got From Access Bank Today! / Starting 'Acta Non Verba' an Investment Club / Can I Get A Loan With Survey Plan As Collateral?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.