Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria (25592 Views)

Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / First Class Graduate Who Wrote JAMB Six Times, Dies Few Days After NYSC / Al-Ameen: Bayero University First Class Graduate Dies A Day After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by JARUSHUB: 11:22am On Dec 15, 2016
1, More will be expected of you at interviews.

2, If you did not do well in a job test, it will be the headline when an HR Manager is interviewed: “First Class Graduates Fail NNPC Test” blabla.

3, People expect you to know everything in your field, forgetting you had a first class only in your first degree, it doesn’t make you a professor yet!

4, You will be expected to know everything , even outside your field, beyond basics. In fact, they will tell you they’ve seen a First Class Accounting graduate that cannot build a car!

5, The number of first class applicants for jobs will always be a headline (like the FIRS job news, which inspired this post, anyway).

6, The entrepreneurship noise makers expect every first class to be self-employed or be an entrepreneur, otherwise, they’re corporate slaves.

7, You must be rich. They will use you as example of their friend that made first class and is not rich. They will ask you which grade Dangote made. It doesn’t matter to them that not everyone is motivated by money.

SOURCE: http://www.jarushub.com/7-downsides-of-being-a-first-class-graduate-in-nigeria/

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by INTROVERT(f): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2016
grin
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by acenazt: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2016
Who first class ep. Dragging My 2.2 jare. After all no be first class be competence. Its a good thing to be viewed as an outstanding Individual but I assure you Intellect is not Judged by grade. This is A country where you are short changed,your marks downgraded by Some lecturer because his own lecturer did the same to him. It creates a hate cycle. The system is rotten.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by DanPel(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
...and thats why you must be a 1st class-er
OP,Ur points is more like hints than that wrong impression u are trying to paint!

1 Like

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2016
Lol. But after all this, the benefits of having a first class degree outweigh the 'disadvantages'. So I'm going to keep struggling to maintain mine.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Kendzyma(m): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2016
acenazt:
Who first class ep. Dragging My 2.2 jare. After all no be first class be competence.
baba stop hating. U also desired a first class but ur brain capacity cnt just get u a first class,its not ur fault OK?...but just try and appreciate smtg good next time and don't let your condition interfere with ur sense of judgment.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2016
Kendzyma:
baba stop hating. U also desired a first class but ur brain capacity cnt just get u a first class,its not ur fault OK?...but just try and appreciate smtg good next time and don't let your condition interfere with ur sense of judgment.
Classic response, Kendzyma!!! But with reference to the topic of discussion, it is only natural for such top-class graduates to keep in mind that "To whom much is given, much will be required." And to those on the other side of the spectrum, “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.”

11 Likes

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by veekid(m): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2016

who cares?

1 Like

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by feodan: 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
. People look forward to a new year to start afresh and turn
over a new leaf. All the best for that and have a wonderful
year ahead!
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Trapnews: 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by stevenson007: 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
acenazt:
Who first class ep. Dragging My 2.2 jare. After all no be first class be competence.
Imagine o!

5 Likes

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by feodan: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
@veekid, where u dey 4 ib a self?
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by AntiWailer: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
No downside, stop encouraging mediocrity.

I give first class materials priority.

I have 3 of them in my team.

If you can have it, just do.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by veekid(m): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
feodan:
@veekid, where u dey 4 ib a self?
Apata; you?
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by feodan: 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
veekid:

Mogadishu
4 which area?
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by veekid(m): 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
feodan:
4 which area?

Odo ona
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by mccoy47(m): 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
Yh yh. Though I still wished I'd made a 1st class while in school.

4 Likes

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by feodan: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2016
veekid:
Apata; you?
owk, I c u Bro, Na around challenge I dey
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Clinician2000: 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
You think say First class na beans Go get am na rubbish.[color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by canalily(m): 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
And the upstairs are undecided
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by lawrenzi(m): 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
Most first class student end up becoming Lecturers... and you know what it means to be a lecturer in Nigeria?
I wish the class of degree also determine your level of wealth.
But If you can have a first Class in street school, you are more successful than having a first class in our conventional university...
Graduates from street school drive this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by veekid(m): 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
feodan:
owk, I c u Bro, Na around challenge I dey
Close close
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by feodan: 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
veekid:

Odo ona
owk, I know DAT place
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by feodan: 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
veekid:
Close close
Yeah, My office dey Anfani,
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by Zadok407(m): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hmmm
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by veekid(m): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
feodan:
Yeah, My office dey Anfani,
Ehn ehn; anfani, imalefalafia, college crescent na my route
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by TTLHORLA: 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2016
Notwithstanding,i still salute 1st class graduates

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by feodan: 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2016
veekid:
Ehn ehn; anfani, imalefalafia, college crescent na my route
Abi naw,
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by veekid(m): 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
feodan:
Abi naw,
tongue
Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by JackBizzle: 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
AntiWailer:
No downside stop encouraging mediocrity.

I give first class materials priority.

I have 3 of them in my team.

If you can have it, just do.

First class in university is meaningless abeg.

I have noticed that the best performers in my organisations are people with either 2.2 or 2.1. The only first class student we had could not work with people....only good with analysis on computer....which anyone could do.

How many billionares have first class?

La cram, la pour 1st class grin grin

9 Likes

Re: 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria by abumeinben(m): 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
INTROVERT:
grin

So you finally subscribed ...Xmas things?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Who Attempted JAMB 8 Times, Graduates With 2nd Class Upper / Beautiful Nairalander Graduates As Best Student In OAUTHC School Of Nursing / Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.