Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt (753 Views)

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Xenophobia : TB Joshua Weeps In Church As He Composes Song For Africa / Helen Oritsejafor Lies On The Rug In Church As Choristers Sing (p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by alBHAGDADI: 2:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
Christians in Egypt have forgiven those responsible for the deadly suicide bombing at St. Peter and St. Paul’s Church in Cairo, which left 24 Christians dead and 49 others injured, Coptic Bishop Anba Angaelos told The Christian Post on Wednesday.

Egypt President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi announced on Monday that it was 22-year-old Mahmoud Shafiq Mohammed Mustafa who entered the church attached to the St. Mark’s Coptic Orthodox Cathedral on Sunday morning and detonated a 12-kilogram explosive that killed mostly Christian women and children.

Additionally, four others — three men and one woman — have been arrested on suspicion that they aided the suicide bomber in the terror plot.

But regardless of who is responsible for the attack, Angaelos, the general bishop of the Coptic Orthodox Church in the United Kingdom, told CP in a phone interview that the persecuted Coptic Christian community will not respond to the attack with vengeance.

“We are praying that there is healing in the community. We are ready to and we already have forgiven people for doing this because at the end of the day, a lack of forgiveness harms us more than anyone else,” Angaelos told CP. “I think that is something that we need to be mindful of as Christians, and I am very proud to say that this is something we have seen Copts doing very naturally and organically for decades.”

www.christianpost.com/news/coptic-christians-forgive-suicide-bombing-kills-24-cairo-church-172134/

www.shoebat.com/2016/12/15/egyptian-christians-declare-to-muslim-terrorists-after-worst-attack-yet-we-are-ready-to-forgive-you-and-we-have-already-forgiven-you-for-this-sin/

2 Likes

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by RagnarBankz(m): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
If its the other way round,imagine what would have happend!

1 Like

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by Kowor(f): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
Let brotherly love continue.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by alBHAGDADI: 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
RagnarBankz:
If its the other way round,imagine what would have happend!
Yet, they have the effrontery to call themselves the Religion of Peace.

Forgiveness is one attribute Islam doesn't have.

3 Likes

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by eyeview: 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
Christianity is a religion of peace and love. Not that one that claims it by mouth while their action depicts violence, suicide, Venegance, unforgiveness, raid etc.

I keep saying it,if you have to fight or kill to defend your god,then your god is weak,you need a new God

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by Demmzy15(m): 5:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
Are trying to blame millions of Muslims for the barbarism of ISIS? I don't in any way support the bombing or killing of anybody, truth be told, this same group(ISIS) has killed more Muslims than anyone.

1 Like

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by true2god: 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
Demmzy15:
Are trying to blame millions of Muslims for the barbarism of ISIS? I don't in any way support the bombing or killing of anybody, truth be told, this same group(ISIS) has killed more Muslims than anyone.
Standard islamic response. Standard format after islamic terror, not new.

3 Likes

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by alBHAGDADI: 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
Demmzy15:
When will all Muslims come out to protest against their so-called religion of peace being allegedly hijacked by ISIS and co? They will never do that.

But these Muslims are ever willing to hit the streets in bloodshed protest just cos a cartoon of pedophile Mohammad was drawn in faraway Denmark.

Hundreds of Thousands of Muslims in Indonesia are currently protesting against a Christian governor who they alleged insulted the Quran. Shouldn't such crowd be more concerned about the terrorists tarnishing the image of their religion?

4 Likes

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by Omudia11: 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
That's why your religion is the most hated. You were expected to comment on this topic. The least you could do is appalaud these people for forgiving them and not seeking vengeance but you chose to slide off topic.
Demmzy15:

2 Likes

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by Demmzy15(m): 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2016
Omudia11:
That's why your religion is the most hated. You were expected to comment on this topic. The least you could do is appalaud these people for forgiving them and not seeking vengeance but you chose to slide off topic.
You can for all I care, u done trying to please you guys. ISIS has been killing Muslims, in fact they're killing Muslims as I'm typing.

There's a video online, if I get, I'll share, in which immediately after the blast Muslims from nearby started to help the injured. It's there online, so trying to blame Egyptian Muslims for the crime of ISIS is very unfair. When this same group killed Christians in Libya, Egyptian Muslims stepped up their fight killing thousands!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by Demmzy15(m): 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
true2god:
Standard islamic response. Standard format after islamic terror, not new.
Flatheaded monster!
Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by Karlovich: 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2016
I wonder the almighty god didn't stop the bombers. RIP to the dead
Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by alBHAGDADI: 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
Karlovich:
I wonder the almighty god didn't stop the bombers. RIP to the dead
Mankind brought all these calamities on themselves when they chose to ditch God's rule for Satan's.

What happened is exactly what Yahshua said his believers will go through- Persecution.

5 Likes

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by Karlovich: 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Mankind brought all these calamities on themselves when they chose to ditch God's rule for Satan's.

What happened is exactly what Yahshua said his believers will go through- Persecution.
ever heard of the crusaders that persecuted and destroyed lives and communities in the past? yashua also commanded them to do so
Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by alBHAGDADI: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
Demmzy15:
You can for all I care, u done trying to please you guys. ISIS has been killing Muslims, in fact they're killing Muslims as I'm typing.

There's a video online, if I get, I'll share, in which immediately after the blast Muslims from nearby started to help the injured. It's there online, so trying to blame Egyptian Muslims for the crime of ISIS is very unfair. When this same group killed Christians in Libya, Egyptian Muslims stepped up their fight killing thousands!
I doubt you have any such video. Moreover, how certain are you that the people that helped the injured weren't Christians like them? This must be some Al taquiya of yours.

As long as Muslims don't stage a worldwide protest to dissociate themselves from ISIS and other terrorists groups, the whole world will continue to blame Islam and the Quran.

1 Like

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by alBHAGDADI: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
Karlovich:
ever heard of the crusaders that persecuted and destroyed lives and communities in the past? yashua also commanded them to do so
Not being born during such events is no excuse not to know what really happened, cos we have the history on the internet.

Yahshua never ordered anyone to kill. He preached forgiveness and urged his followers to turn the other cheek. The Pope of that time was the one who raised an army of crusaders to fight the Muslims who were invading Europe, killing and raping on their way.

Show me a verse by Yahshua that shows he ordered killings. If you can't, then stop saying what you know nothing about. If you don't know, the Catholic Church is not a Christian church but one ruled by Satan, as can be seen in their practices. So, if a Pope raised an army of crusaders who killed Murderous Muslims, there's no way you can tie that action to Christianity. This is cos the author and finisher of the Christian faith condemns and never supported such act as can beaten from his ways and words. But Mohammad and the Quran supports the killing of Christians, infidels and Jews in countless verses .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by Demmzy15(m): 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
[s]I doubt you have any such video. Moreover, how certain are you that the people that helped the injured weren't Christians like them? This must be some Al taquiya of yours.

As long as Muslims don't stage a worldwide protest to dissociate themselves from ISIS and other terrorists groups, the whole world will continue to blame Islam and the Quran. [/s]
Truthman as usual, you're very unreasonable!
https://twitter.com/Nidalgazaui/status/807875038498131968

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by alBHAGDADI: 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
Demmzy15:
You haven't answered my question. What in the video proves that the helpers were Muslims?
Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by smajatt(m): 10:08am On Dec 16, 2016
Demmzy15:

Will you shut your hole. Fvcking hypocrites. Before Muhammed died he gave 3 instructions to Muslims.
Number 1. Expel Jews, Christians and polithes out of Arabia.

You guys are all brainwashed Fvcking zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Forgive Muslims Who Bombed Church As 24 Die In Egypt by smajatt(m): 10:09am On Dec 16, 2016
I don't hate Muslims, Infact I have many as friends, some of them are very nice but majority are religious bigot.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Why? / Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/03/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.