Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria (2271 Views)

Rotary District Governor Mike Omotosho Walks To End Polio (photos) / Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After / The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by Ileya: 9:07am On Nov 15, 2009
MSNBC.com

Polio vaccine blamed for outbreaks in Nigeria
Mutation of live virus in oral doses linked to 124 cases this year, experts say
The Associated Press
updated 1:24 p.m. ET Aug. 14, 2009
LONDON - Polio is spreading in Nigeria and health officials say in some cases it's caused by the vaccine used to fight the paralyzing disease.

In July, the World Health Organization issued a warning that this particular virus might extend beyond Africa. So far, 124 Nigerian children have been paralyzed this year — about twice those afflicted in 2008.

Nigeria and most other poor nations use an oral polio vaccine because it's cheaper, easier, and protects entire communities. But it's made from a live polio virus which carries a small risk of causing polio. In even rarer instances, the virus in the vaccine can mutate into a deadlier version that ignites new outbreaks.

A virologist with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says genetic analysis proves such mutated viruses have caused at least seven separate outbreaks in Nigeria.

The vaccine used in the United States and other Western nations is given in shots, which use a killed virus that cannot cause polio.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32418446/ns/health-infectious_diseases/
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by SamMilla1(m): 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2009
Most of those things they call vaccines causes more harm than good.
But who is checking them ? We have millionaires in the health sector who are only interested in Bribe money.

Just like the doctors who injected aids in the name of vaccines in Libya and was jailed.
Africa is always and has always been the target and the practice ground.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by No2Atheism(m): 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2009
Africans never learn . . .

1. Europeans want African resources.
2. Europeans know that they are genetically inferior hence the reason for all their medical problems compared to other people.
3. Europeans Elite want to kill as many non-white people as possible.
4. European fertility rates are dropping.
5. Europeans are actively targeting peopel of other races with medical experiements and slow acting bio - weapons.
6. Europeans use abortion, fertility drugs and contraceptives and planned parenthood clinics for their Eugenics program (which is basically a program aimed at killing and eradicating most people that are not white or those that are white but are not considered good enough) . . . hence why Europeans would gladly fund condoms and abortion but would not really fund african economic development.

Hence killing Africans and other non-white people using vaccines as carriers for bio-weapons that take decades to act . . . is mere token in their mindset.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by frgy1: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2009
No2Atheism:

2. Europeans know that they are genetically inferior hence the reason for all their medical problems compared to other people.
5. Europeans are actively targeting peopel of other races with medical experiements and slow acting bio - weapons.
6. Europeans use abortion, fertility drugs and contraceptives and planned parenthood clinics for their Eugenics program (which is basically a program aimed at killing and eradicating most people that are not white or those that are white but are not considered good enough) . . . hence why Europeans would gladly fund condoms and abortion but would not really fund african economic development.
bold accusations . r they all true?

Hence killing a Africans and other non-white people using vaccines as carriers for bio-weapons that take decades to act . . . is mere token in their mindset.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2009
No2Atheism:

Hence killing a Africans and other non-white people using vaccines as carriers for bio-weapons that take decades to act . . . is mere token in their mindset.

I agree with this. Africa is rich in natural resources and the weaker they are by poverty and lab-made diseases (HIV/AIDS), the better for the Europeans who can come as they like and take all the resources.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by spoilt(f): 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2009
They love to test their vaccines on poor african kids. Hundreds die or become disabled and are not even compensated. Where's the nminister of health?
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2009
Dammit, where the hell are your brains? The oral polio vaccines used in Africa are CHEAPER and thus inferior. Why are they cheaper? because your people are too cheap to pay for their own high quality vaccines.
Instead of encouraging (and propagating) idiotic conspiracy theories, why not use that energy and do something useful, you know, like pressuring your Government to upgrade to better quality vaccines that carry zero risk.

No2Atheism:

Europeans would gladly fund condoms and abortion but would not really fund african economic development.

Err, why exactly should we expect anyone else to fund our own development when you've been crying that we're 'rich in natural resources'?
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by Horus(m): 10:41pm On Nov 15, 2009
texazzpete:

Dammit, where the hell are your brains? The oral polio vaccines used in Africa are CHEAPER and thus inferior. Why are they cheaper? because your people are too cheap to pay for their own high quality vaccines.
Instead of encouraging (and propagating) unfortunate conspiracy theories, why not use that energy and do something useful, you know, like pressuring your Government to upgrade to better quality vaccines that carry zero risk.

Err, why exactly should we expect anyone else to fund our own development when you've been crying that we're 'rich in natural resources'?

The vaccine dont kill because he is cheap, he kill because they want to depopulate Africa. If the vaccin kill, it is not a conspiracy theories it is a Fact. If your child dies are you going to say that he died by theory?. They know what they are doing when they send a diferent vaccine for Africa. There is a deliberate plan of de-population being conducted by some westerns governments, and this program may already be affecting you and your family.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by reindeer: 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2009
This isnt good news o!
The war against polio is still on and Nigeria is practically the largest reservoir of the wild polio virus in the world!
Already some cows in the northern part of nigeria have problems accepting the vaccines cos they felt america poisoned it to prevent them from overpopulating the world with almajiris, once they hear this they'll stop taking the new vaccines altogether and then start having polio per second and lagos will be worse off as they'll come to lagos to start begging!
I hope this news aint true sha, will do more research ASAP
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2009
Horus:

The vaccine dont kill because he is cheap, he kill because they want to depopulate Africa. If the vaccin kill, it is not a conspiracy theories it is a Fact. If your child dies are you going to say that he died by theory?. They know what they are doing when they send a diferent vaccine for Africa. There is a deliberate plan of de-population being conducted by some westerns governments, and this program may already be affecting you and your family.

Yeah right. You and your usual batty conspiracy theories.
If 'depopulating Africa' was in anyone's game plan, causing the malformation of 300 kids strikes me as a particularly ineffective way of doing that.

2 million kids in Africa die of Malaria yearly. Our infant mortality rate is one of the highest in the world. Instead of these silly theories, why are your Governments trying to hard to depopulate their own countries?

Typical cowardly africans, always looking for the easy way out. Instead of fixing your own problems you prefer to cast blame on others.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by Horus(m): 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2009
texazzpete:

Yeah right. You and your usual batty conspiracy theories.
If 'depopulating Africa' was in anyone's game plan, causing the malformation of 300 kids strikes me as a particularly ineffective way of doing that.

2 million kids in Africa die of Malaria yearly. Our infant mortality rate is one of the highest in the world. Instead of these silly theories, why are your Governments trying to hard to depopulate their own countries?

Typical cowardly africans, always looking for the easy way out. Instead of fixing your own problems you prefer to cast blame on others.

Then just send your kids to get injected by this shit, and dont forget yourself to take their injection.
Let us wait after if your death is just a theory.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by No2Atheism(m): 11:54pm On Nov 15, 2009
texazzpete:

Please learn to read between the lines of my statements, i am not asking for nor am I saying that Europeans should fund african economic development.

1. My statement was not a question . . .so you do not need to answer it.
2. I would be glad if Europeans completely take their hands off Africa . . . however you and I know thats not going to happen unless we force them.
3. Africa does not need European funds to develop. . . and i am not asking for one.
4. My statement is meant to show European hypocrisy and hidden agenda and intent, it was not supposed to indicate wat i want them to do.
5. I want Europeans to do nothing.
6. Africa is in this mess cus they have been either colonising or using puppet head of states or creating and funding wars . . .in Africa so as to create an avenue for them to be able to get at the resources.
7. Lumumba was killed cus he was Pan - African and hence anti-european.
8. Nkruma was likewise Pan - African and thus a treat to europeans.
9. Awolowo was denied opportunity to lead the country cus the West realised he was Pan - African, instead they opted for the easily controlled Azikwe and Balewa (read up nigerian history).

I DO NOT WANT EUROPEANS TO DO ANYTHING FOR AFRICA AND DO NOT EXPECT THEM TO. . . WHEN THEY DO NOT DO ANYTHING AND AFRICA IS REALLY INDEPENDENT, ITS EASIER FOR AFRICA TO MOVE FORWARD. . . .

Europeans have always been doing everything possible to stiffle and hamper African/Black economic progress . . . hence the various accounts in history.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR HISTORY YOU ARE BOUND TO REPEAT IT.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 1:03am On Nov 16, 2009
since when was AIDS a lab-made disease? you guys and your conspiracy theories
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by sjeezy8: 2:19am On Nov 16, 2009
This is sad and i saw a video on youtube where they were scared to take the medicine, but the doctors where telling them its good.

smh cant trust whites/developed countries for shit
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 16, 2009
As a veterinary virologist, one knows that when you use live viral vaccines,there is bound to be some,albeit,mild immune reaction.THAT'S ITS FUNCTION.Its meant to stimulate your immune system and provide memory for subsequent cases of viraemia.However,there's always the risk of reverting to virulence if the viral antigen is not well passaged,which i guess is the problem here.lets no over-sensationalise this issue.I believe the purpose for using the live vaccines is not just being cheaper,but because a wider range of the populace can be reached faster,and more efficiently at once,as is the case in africa where hospital facilities are not really adequate or evenly spread.I am sure the people in charge of the control and eradication program MUST have been told of possible consequences of live viral vaccines,but probably considered it unimportant.Killed vaccines require repeated and booster doses because the viral antigen has been inactivated.In Europe,this is possible because there a good vaccination records and folks can afford the vaccination regimen,but for live viral vaccines,the initial dose is all u need as it confers live-long immunity.This is faster and quicker for the african population where the disease is endemic.I mean,do we have vaccination records for our control and eradication programs?these are issues THAT must be resolved before we can even revert to the killed vaccines.believe me,its NOT about the price.Its all about looking for a quick-fix which,although is not bad, is not well programmed.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 7:01am On Nov 16, 2009
Horus, you're an idiot. And that isn't an insult to be honest.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by Horus(m): 10:42am On Nov 16, 2009
texazzpete:

Horus, you're an idiot. And that isn't an insult to be honest.

You know very well that the company Pfizer used 200 Nigerians childrens as guinea pigs in a nonconsensual, unlicensed drug experiment trial. Eleven of the 200 children in the "experiment" died, and others suffered from permanent brain damage, organ failure and other severe side effects. If you believe that this is just a conspiracy theorie then texazzpete you are a blind and a deaf super idot, and this is a FACT because for you, all this Nigerians children died only by THEORY.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2009
Horus:

You know very well that the company Pfizer used 200 Nigerians childrens as guinea pigs in a nonconsensual, unlicensed drug experiment trial. Eleven of the 200 children in the "experiment" died, and others suffered from permanent brain damage, organ failure and other severe side effects. If you believe that this is just a conspiracy theorie then texazzpete you are a blind and a deaf super idot, and this is a FACT because for you, all this Nigerians children died only by THEORY.

Pfizer case was for meningitis drug test. This is about Polio cases caused by an unexpected mutation of the live polio strains used in the cheap vaccines we use in Africa.

There is absolutely no connection between the two cases. You have no facts to back up your arguments and have once again proved yourself to be a scaremongering retard.

Horus, i say again; you are an idiot.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by Horus(m): 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2009
texazzpete:

Pfizer case was for meningitis drug test. This is about Polio cases caused by an unexpected mutation of the live polio strains used in the cheap vaccines we use in Africa.

There is absolutely no connection between the two cases. You have no facts to back up your arguments and have once again proved yourself to be a scaremongering retard.

Horus, i say again; you are an idiot.

No I do not argue, I just present to you the Fact that they are all time sending us the wrong medecine or a "different" medecine, No matter the type of virus or disease and this is the connection. This have nothing to do with price. The fact that you have to rely on Insults even in a public forum show us your level of "Consciousness" (if you have one?)
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by agathamari(f): 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2009
enough with the consiracy theorys already. vaccines are made of live viruses (a couple of disease are vacinated by dead viruses). you are infected with small amount of the virus so you body can fight it off and create an imunity to it. that is how they work. sometimes the viruses are too strong and can cause the infection (happend in the us a few weeks ago with the swine flu vaccine). PTD (pertusis, tetnus, diptheria) vaccine causes thousands of cases of cerebral palsey and autism in the "western countries" though they pose a risk of alergic reaction or infection the lives SAVED by vaccines far far far outnumber those who get complications. this is the nature of a virus, they are un controlable and un predictable not some huge conspiracy to destroy africans. if the west really wanted to kill off africans there are far faster and more effective ways to do so. your whole conspiracy thing does nothing then to feed the very very very very very small number if racist in the west into thinking you are inept. noone forces you to have a vacine in nigeria. you dont want your kids to have it so be it but enough with this whole "evil white people" shit already
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by femfem2000: 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2009
For those of you who don't believe that the west have a depopulation agenda for Nigeria and Africa read the links below:

God woke me up from the matrix in early 2000 when he led me to the NSSM 200 report below written by Henry Kissenger and PResident Nixon. I was shocked that the USA could have written this and was more shocked when I saw Nigeria named in the report. Apparently too many young people in nigeria is something they didn't like. By the way, they never cancelled the plan which means it is still in operation. That is why they want to establish military bases in Africa under the guise of AFRICOM.

NSSM 200 Report - (Nigeria was specifically mentioned for population reduction because of our potential influence in Africa)
http://www.schillerinstitute.org/food_for_peace/kiss_nssm_jb_1995.html
http://www.lifesitenews.com/waronfamily/nssm200/index.html
The Actual NSSM Report in PDF - http://www.lifesitenews.com/waronfamily/nssm200/nssm200.pdf

From the United Nations themselves (March 2009 this year!!!!!)
http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/UNPD_policybriefs/UNPD_policy_brief1.pdf

Documentary Video: Apocalyse Africa - America Plan To Depopulate Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O19p7oc7Y6U

Documentary Video: Mercury, Autism and the Global Vaccine Agenda
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6890106663412840646#

Have any of you ever wonder why with our high infant mortality rate and the so called low life expectancy of less than 50years, the West and the UN still keep pushing abortion( sorry Family Planning) and other means to reduce childbirth. If we are dying more than others, shouldn't we then be having more children. It only makes logical sense unless you're from the UN, Worldbank or IMF of course.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by No2Atheism(m): 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2009
femfem2000:

If we are dying more than others, shouldn't we then be having more children. It only makes logical sense unless you're from the UN, Worldbank or IMF of course.

I never thought of it that way before . . . thats a very good insight . . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately for me, I just woke up around 2008 and I have been trying to assimilate as much information as possible in order to form an informed opinion on the issue without making dogmatic statements.

I must confess that I am also shocked by the things i am finding out through my own deep appetite for issues relating to African History.

I am even suprised that Black Africa has not yet been wiped out. . .

Most people (including me) do not realise that Black Africa included North Africa and Parts of the so called Middle East . . .Blacks African have been killed and pushed further and further into inner Africa . . .either by Europeans or Arabs . . .

What the Europeans are doing is just much more sophisticated than what Arabs are doing . . .

It would be a miracle if 1000 years from now , there are still people known as Black Africans. . . . . . our leaders are corrupt and asleep. Even the populace themselves are brainwashed by religion hence its almost like a person whom the witches are sucking his blood and is still drinking blood tonic (grin grin grin grin rough translation of a yoruba saying)
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by Guardian(m): 4:53am On Nov 18, 2009
U lot are a pack of lost souls. Arguing over what can't change a thing.
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by Nezan(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2009
God help us!!
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by pharmacy1: 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2009
why grin
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by agathamari(f): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

[b]It would be a miracle if 1000 years from now , there are still people known as Black Africans. . .

in a 1000 years there will be only one race. with the way people are giving up on remaining "racialy pure" and marring the ones the love regardless of who they are or what color they are in 1000 year there will be no whites, blacks, asians, hispanics, orienals, native indians, pacific islanders. get over yourself
Re: Polio Vaccine Blamed For Outbreaks In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2009
People like Agathamari are what we we call Loud Ignoramuses.

So she thinks in 1000 years all races would have ''melded into one''?

Has she read anything about world history stretching back the last 200,000 years?

Nope. She can barely tell you what happened YESTERDAY on earth.

How then will she know that humans have been interracting and intermarrying on earth for thousands of years with the racial differences remaining intact?

Meaning there is absolutely nothing to suggest for a second that the global population, now much more expanded, is about to ''meld into one'' this year, or in the next 100,000 years.

Why don't people read and learn before typing rubbish?

(1) (Reply)

Botcho Cream & Yodi Pills For Bigger Bums & Hips +256759895568 / The Health Benefits Of Scent Leaves You Need To Know / Are Instead Soft Cups Available Anywhere In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.