Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,090 members, 7,825,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Help! My Windows 10 Is Annoying, Automatic Updates, Sucks Data - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! My Windows 10 Is Annoying, Automatic Updates, Sucks Data (1259 Views)

Microsoft Begins Automatic Updates For Windows 10 Version 1909 / HELP! My Worpress Blog Has Been Infected With Malware / Why Is This Annoying Bird Trending On Facebook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Windows 10 Is Annoying, Automatic Updates, Sucks Data by bamangar: 6:27am On Dec 16, 2016
Hello house, I need your help on this.
I have been using windows 10 for my laptop for a year now. We all know that the os has too many bugs, which one of them is automatic download and update. For the past 3 months now, my data has been finishing at a rapid rate. My windows will keep downloading updates which I don't like. I have tried to disable the updates with the method I saw online but it seem all is not working for me. It would still be downloading and updating at the background. It seem I will be going back to windows 7. It's really painful that 3gig can finish in a day just in 30minute yet the download is not completed. I keep on subscribing almost every week. How can I do this thing?? ?
Re: Help! My Windows 10 Is Annoying, Automatic Updates, Sucks Data by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2016
Remove the windows 10 na... Xp... 7 or 8.1 doesn't automatically update
Re: Help! My Windows 10 Is Annoying, Automatic Updates, Sucks Data by AnodaIT(m): 8:22am On Dec 16, 2016
Use Group Policy Editor (To control the Updates)
Run gpedit and navigate to the following policy setting:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
On the right-side, double-click on Configure Automatic Updates and change its settings to suit your requirements.
I recommend you use the Option 2 = Notify before downloading and installing any updates.

Or

Use the Windows Update service (To disable it completely)
Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process. To turn it off, right-click on the process, click on Properties and select Disabled. That will take care of Windows Updates not being installed on your machine.

Click to check out other common Windows 10 issues

1 Like

Re: Help! My Windows 10 Is Annoying, Automatic Updates, Sucks Data by bamangar: 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
AnodaIT:
Use Group Policy Editor (To control the Updates)
Run gpedit and navigate to the following policy setting:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
On the right-side, double-click on Configure Automatic Updates and change its settings to suit your requirements.
I recommend you use the Option 2 = Notify before downloading and installing any updates.

Or

Use the Windows Update service (To disable it completely)
Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process. To turn it off, right-click on the process, click on Properties and select Disabled. That will take care of Windows Updates not being installed on your machine.

Click to check out other common Windows 10 issues
OK.. Your first step, I have tried it but it didn't work. I tried another step I saw online but when I turn on my data to browse, without opening any webpage my mb will be drastically reducing.
Well I will try the second step
Re: Help! My Windows 10 Is Annoying, Automatic Updates, Sucks Data by lorein0688: 9:04am On May 26, 2017
Try to disable the automatic update in Windows 10 and manually download the latest released updates. To do so, follow the steps

Go to the Windows Update service > Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process.

If still you are unable to disable the automatic update then follow the given steps:

1. Click Computer Configuration.
2. Click Policies.
3. Click Administrative Templates.
4. Click Windows Components.
5. Click Windows Update.
6. Double-click Turn off the upgrade to the latest version of Windows through Windows Update.

For other Windows 10 update issues visit this: https://windows10upgradeissuesandfixes.jimdo.com
7. Click Enable.
Re: Help! My Windows 10 Is Annoying, Automatic Updates, Sucks Data by bedfordng(m): 10:26am On May 26, 2017
like some one mentioned, make use of the administrative tool to disable it . that should fix your problem .
Re: Help! My Windows 10 Is Annoying, Automatic Updates, Sucks Data by Rexology: 12:15pm On May 29, 2017
[quote author=lorein0688 post=56888280]Try to disable the automatic update in Windows 10 and manually download the latest released updates. To do so, follow the steps

Go to the Windows Update service > Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process.

If still you are unable to disable the automatic update then follow the given steps:

1. Click Computer Configuration.
2. Click Policies.
3. Click Administrative Templates.
4. Click Windows Components.
5. Click Windows Update.
6. Double-click Turn off the upgrade to the latest version of Windows through Windows Update.

For other Windows 10 update issues visit this: https://windows10upgradeissuesandfixes.jimdo.com
7. Click
Re: Help! My Windows 10 Is Annoying, Automatic Updates, Sucks Data by Nobody: 2:15am On May 30, 2017
I had this problem too. Just turn on metered connection for the wifi u ae using
Re: Help! My Windows 10 Is Annoying, Automatic Updates, Sucks Data by nzubechipeter(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Need A Professional Web Designer? Come In! / UK Adsense For Sale At A Very Cheap Price / Paypal Funds For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.