Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Buying Dollar From Bdc.naij.com - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Buying Dollar From Bdc.naij.com (1673 Views)

The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria / MMM Founder's Open Letter To Bloggers, Naij.com Fires Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Dollar From Bdc.naij.com by osolaif: 9:46am On Dec 16, 2016
I was attracted to the site because of the competing rates many of the sellers are selling but I am surprised with the responses I got from many of the sellers. For instance you call someone that posted an advert that has lasted barley 12 hours and he starts claiming to be in a different state from where he claims to be. They all want you to pay money to them first then they will fund your dormicilliary account.

I am not in a hurry to label some of the sellers as fraud, so I put it up to you:
Have you bought Forex from bdc.naij.com?
Did you meet physically with the seller?
How did it go?
What safety tip would you recommend for a newbie.
Thanks
Re: Buying Dollar From Bdc.naij.com by resocorp: 10:05am On Dec 16, 2016
I've called a couple of the sellers before... same format, they first get you to reveal your location then they say "oh i'm in one other state, let me do transfer" it bares all the hallmark of a scam. Dont dare, I wonder why that site is still up.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Dollar From Bdc.naij.com by dipsonladi(m): 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
I CAN CATEGORICALLY CONFIRM TO YOU THAT THE WEBSITE IS OPEN TO DEFRAUD PEOPLE. I AM A VICTIM. BEWARE. PLEASE INFORM UNSUSPECTING NIGERIANS. EFFORTS TO REACHING NAIJ.COM CONTACTS FAILED IN ORDER TO LODGE MY COMPLAINS OFFICIALLY.
Re: Buying Dollar From Bdc.naij.com by bettercreature(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
dipsonladi:
I CAN CATEGORICALLY CONFIRM TO YOU THAT THE WEBSITE IS OPEN TO DEFRAUD PEOPLE. I AM A VICTIM. BEWARE. PLEASE INFORM UNSUSPECTING NIGERIANS. EFFORTS TO REACHING NAIJ.COM CONTACTS FAILED IN ORDER TO LODGE MY COMPLAINS OFFICIALLY.
I got screwed of $1300 as well and no one respond to my complaint till this moment
I was such a fool! how is it possible to get dollar at those rates

1 Like

Re: Buying Dollar From Bdc.naij.com by fizyalasdair(m): 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
Beware oo!! That site is a hub for fraudsters. My uncle lost his cool 100,000 naira, he could have even lost more if he had been more careless.

Let me give you their mode of operation.

Someone will put up an advertisement claiming to sell USD at 350 naira per dollar, some of them even put impossible rates of 320, 317. My uncle decided to buy from the guy with 350 since it seemed more realistic. His location was Enugu, and my uncle lives in PH, my uncle called me to transact with the seller and request a meet-up.

The advert to sell was posted at 8:20 am, I called the seller by 9:13am or thereabout and I kid you not, the seller said he was not in Enugu at the moment, that he is in Delta to supply one of his clients who needs dollars. Chaai I smelt the scam all over like fresh pepper, he said I should send my naira to his account and he would send the dollars to my uncle's account, imagine the Konkobility.

I told my uncle to avoid any seller that doesn't want to meet up, and after advising my uncle, he still went behind my back to send the guy 100,000 naira, because my uncle thought I was just a small boy without any experience and mostly because he had the money to waste.

Now after 3 days my uncle called me to narrate how the fraudster used his brain, he called the fraudster and said he wanted to buy 100,000 naira worth of dollars, around $285 via the guys rate. He said he would pay half first to test the seller. After sending the 50,000 to the guy, 2 hours passed and the guy was now claiming not to have received any money, he then asked my uncle what method he used to transfer the money, my uncle said he used mobile transfer, he complained to my uncle that mobile transfers Don't usually go through nowadays, that my uncle should proceed to the ATM and send another 50,000 naira, he said that if my uncle's initial transfer of 50,000 was successful he would receive the whole 100,000, and that if it was not successful, he would receive only 50,000.

He assured my uncle that ATM transfer was instant, immediately my uncle sent the 50,000 naira through ATM, he called my uncle and said he had received only 50,000, meaning my uncle's first transfer of 50,000 wasn't successful. The fraudster told my uncle that he has sent the whole $285 to my uncle's domiciliary account and that he would receive the transfer in no time.

He then told my uncle that he sent everything because he believed my uncle was an honest and serious trader, he then requested that my uncle send the remaining 50,000. My uncle was about to send another 50,000, but then he told the guy that he would pay him immediately he received it, the fraudster satisfied with the 100,000 naira said okay. If my uncle had sent another 50,000 the fraudster would have collected 150,000.

He actually received the first transfer of 50,000. 3 hours after the transaction passed, my uncle did not see any funds he expected, he started calling the fraudster and guy has been ending his calls. So my uncle keeps getting "number busy"

bdc.naij.com was setup by naij.com to help sellers and traders, instead Fraudsters now have a sea where they can fish for unsuspecting fishes, BEWARE!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buying Dollar From Bdc.naij.com by victus10(m): 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
They are all bunch of scammers there

1 Like

Re: Buying Dollar From Bdc.naij.com by victus10(m): 1:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
Same thing happened to me too

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Invest My House Rent / LIVE: See The Online Business That Gives Me Daily Income With My Current Profits / Earn One Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.