Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

What My Generation Want To Hear Their Pastor Say - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What My Generation Want To Hear Their Pastor Say (350 Views)

COZA Members Attempt To Stop Protest Against Their Pastor Fatoyinbo / Church Members Kneel Down To Welcome Their Pastor.photos Go Viral / Church Members Carry Their Pastor On A Chair During Deliverance Session. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What My Generation Want To Hear Their Pastor Say by Earthkumy(m): 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
THE MASSAGE MY GENERATION WANTS TO HEAR
The Lord will bless you in Jesus name, you will receive divine favor as you go out today, your destiny helpers must locate you, and any power that’s blocking your destiny helper must be broken in Jesus name. The type of favor you will receive even your enemies’ will rejoice with you. Anyone who doesn’t want you to succeed will be put to shame. Do I hear you say amen? Jesus loves you so much, he won’t want any evil to befall you; he doesn’t care if you are a thief, a liar, a prostitute etc. What a wonderful prayer and prophetic utterances, is that all the scripture all about?
When I go out on the street to share the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ and call men to repentance, once I announce that I came to share Jesus most people will be like “why is the massage all about repent from this and repent from that, to me everyone is a sinner, I’m tired of hearing all about that” they in the world are not alone in this. I have spoken to friends, even pastors who believe that a call for repentance, changing from bad to good as a gift of our Lord Jesus Christ is out dated. The quest to be better than the rest is now the center of massage in our churches, you must be awesome, you have to be better than the rest before you can make in life. Pastors are now competing who will be the best motivational speaker; church is now about motivating the members to be the best. The truth is I don’t have a problem with motivational speakers, but I do have a problem with the effect they are having on the youths and the new converts. This call for us to be the best had turned the gospel to a self-centered massage, because the massages is now self-centered we have brought the world in to the Church, thereby making serving God a call for earthly ambition. While bible says “seek yee first the kingdom of God and it righteousness every other thing will added unto you”, Matt 6:33. Motivational speakers are now making the gospel no more about our Lord Jesus Christ but about us and about what we must get out it. Whereby making earthly rich members and heavenly poor souls, and the devil is ok with that, the Churches can grow if that’s all the gospel is about. There is now a lot of pressure on Christian youths because the gospel have been turned to mean all about us, is no more about winning souls, enduring suffering for our faith, pleasing the master who have called us.
My generation is now saying to the seers, "See no more visions!" and to the prophets, "Give us no more visions of what is right! Tell us pleasant things, prophesy illusions. Isaiah 30:10, “emphases mine”. They don’t want to hear right and wrong anymore, my generation wants the preachers to tell them what they want to hear. They want to hear God is all loving, they don’t want to hear Hebrew 12:29 which says, God is a consuming fire. My generation want to hear John 3:16-17 they don’t want to hear John 3:18-20. But one thing is sure the gospel will not reduce it standard for anyone, the way to heaven will never change.
I respect preachers out there who haven’t changed their massages because of the demand of the world: but maintained the massage of the CROSS which we are called to preach. May the Lord God who has called us to preach the massage others are afraid to preach, bless and prosper you all and keep you and your family in Jesus name.

Pastor Eze Chukwu

(1) (Reply)

Man And His Findings / My Christmas Musings _ Mary, Jesus, Holy Spirit / Household Witches - Does Praying With Exodus 22:18 Work In Defeating Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.