Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview (16950 Views)

Is This Job Interview Real? / WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS CV ??? / How To Nail Every Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by ahamonyeka(m): 8:48am On Dec 17, 2016
Is there any wrong with having a plenty of bears properly lined and neat with a shave head to a job interview?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by Fizzyflex(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2016
ahamonyeka:
Is there any wrong with having a plenty of bears properly lined and neat with a shave head to a job interview?
Nt rilli
Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 17, 2016
Mr Man, its better to be part of the employed gang than to be part of the beard gang.

215 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by AssLeeKar: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2016
Salamalekun Alfa mai ghemu. Don't worry very soon all that bear bear wil Start falling off by the time hunger start to wire your body.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by westlius(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
notin is really wrong do as long as its neat I went to a job interview with beards luckily d GM has beards also and I got d job not cos of d beards do cos of my appearance and d way I answered questions

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by ahamonyeka(m): 2:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
AssLeeKar:
Salamalekun Alfa mai ghemu. Don't worry very soon all that bear bear wil Start falling off by the time hunger start to wire your body.
hunger wire who?guy am self employed just asking on behalf of a brother.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by ahamonyeka(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
westlius:
notin is really wrong do as long as its neat I went to a job interview with beards luckily d GM has beards also and I got d job not cos of d beards do cos of my appearance and d way I answered questions
good.because some thinks that carrying bears makes one look irresponsible which I do not think so.

1like from me to you jare.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by chccho(m): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
It depends on a lot of factors like the industry the company belongs to e.g it is not advisable to carry beards to an by a hotel because it's against the grooming culture for males in a hotel to carry beards.male hotel staffs are expected to be clean shaved at all times.
Also some banks prefer clean shaved staffs, the interviewer may also get uncomfortable or irritated with the looks of an applicant carrying beards.Although to some other interviewers or organizations it might not matter if u are heavily bearded.However I would advise that when going for an interview try as much as possible to maintain a clean shave that might be the only reason why an applicant may get disqualified.

10 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by Kurupt01: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
chccho:
It depends on a lot of factors like the industry the company belongs to e.g it is not advisable to carry beards to an by a hotel because it's against the grooming culture for males in a hotel to carry beards.male hotel staffs are expected to be clean shaved at all times.
Also some banks prefer clean shaved staffs, the interviewer may also get uncomfortable or irritated with the looks of an applicant carrying beards.Although to some other interviewers or organizations it might not matter if u are heavily bearded.However I would advise that when going for an interview try as much as possible to maintain a clean shave that might be the only reason why an applicant may get disqualified.

Well said

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by AssLeeKar: 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
ahamonyeka:
hunger wire who?guy am self employed just asking on behalf of a brother.
if you are not Lie Muhamed oya show us pix of you sitting as the CEO in your self employed.. b4 6pm today or we have no option 4now than to belive you really want to hit that monday interview with your gotee like tttt...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by ahamonyeka(m): 5:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
AssLeeKar:
if you are not Lie Muhamed oya show us pix of you sitting as the CEO of your self employed.. b4 6pm today or we have no option 4now than to belive you really want to hit that monday interview with your gotee like...
hahahahaha you sound so funny.Is not compulsory I have an office,am self employed and my adverts which place on sites gets clients for me.my first contract job was in minna and it was on nairaland the client got my contact.so,oga I no need to make noise.

That's the job I do.is called epoxy flooring you also help me to market it and any client you get there will be percentage for.

29 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by AssLeeKar: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2016
ahamonyeka:
hahaha.. ...my first contract job was in minna and it was on nairaland the client got my contact.so,oga I no need to make noise.

That's the job I do.is called epoxy flooring you also help me to market it and any client you get there will be percentage for.
Epoxy? Business Deal. No problem. I don dey now follow you now sharpardly... I go start 2dey look4client
Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by Holarbizzy042(f): 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
@OP, Which "BEAR" you dey talk about? Is it "Polar BEAR" or "Grizzly BEAR". Because me am not understanding o.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
Holarbizzy042:
@OP, Which "BEAR" you dey talk about? Is "Polar BEAR" or "Grizzly BEAR". Because me am not understanding o.

Everyone here got it wrong. Example...

The OP has a beard.

Im carrying my beard to the interview.

There are not many men who like to grow their beard these days.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by KealDrogo: 11:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
Hmm having plenty beards. Unless it is intimidating like mine which is very good to your advantage. There was this interview i went to, the lady couldn't look at me straight in the face she was so nervous and sweaty. I tried to ask if there's any problem but she won't say. I guess my beautiful nicely shaved bears unbalance her and she couldn't cope with my cute bearded face staring at her. She ended up asking me some simple personal questions, sweet chat then a handshake.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by pocohantas(f): 1:24am On Dec 18, 2016
KealDrogo:
Hmm having plenty beards. Unless it is intimidating like mine which is very good to your advantage. There was this interview i went to, the lady couldn't look at me straight in the face she was so nervous and sweaty. I tried to ask if there's any problem but she won't say. I guess my beautiful nicely shaved bears unbalance her and she couldn't cope with my cute bearded face staring at her. She ended up asking me some simple personal questions, sweet chat then a handshake.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by Christane: 6:58am On Dec 18, 2016
very bad ..neatly shaved beard and well barbed hair make u luk lyk a responsible gentle man ...bt aving a beard make u luk dirty nd can make u lose dat job opportunity cus dy may tink u re irresponsible and dirty. dat cnt contribute anythng positive bt negative cus of ur luk ...in lyf pple judge u first on ur luk b4 knwing wat insyd u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by fulaniHERDSman(m): 6:58am On Dec 18, 2016
Na ISIS job interview? grin cheesy

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by mickeyenglish(m): 6:59am On Dec 18, 2016
Na wa o... Dis one wey dem dey sack people instead of employing more Na hin U see Job, u still dey do yanga. shocked u wan wear beards go interview.. If them no call ona for interview, Na ona go blame Buhari and APC. E be like say Owu never blow you undecided. U better shave all that nigga nonsense commot for face make u turn Shaolin monk ASAP angry. Abi u be Kublai khan nii?

Post No Bill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by dingbang(m): 6:59am On Dec 18, 2016
Nothing wrong with it.. It is just the unprofessionalism of nigerian HR team that makes useless things like these become an issue.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by jazinogold(m): 6:59am On Dec 18, 2016
Nothing really but you just gave the HR a reason not to give you the job
Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by nmreports: 7:00am On Dec 18, 2016
Nothing wrong.
Consider the job interview you are going for and dress or groom accordingly
Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by abatisegun: 7:02am On Dec 18, 2016
Those that against it are enemies of Islam ie those that hate someone who is practicing his religion because beard has nothing to do with what us can deliver

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by iamphotoshoot(m): 7:03am On Dec 18, 2016
Dreamwaker:
Mr Man, its better to be part of the employed gang than to be part of the beard gang.

Hey! Nothing is wrong with wearing a beard! undecided even to an interview.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 18, 2016
Nothing wrong with it just people try to make it an issue
Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by Kompressor: 7:03am On Dec 18, 2016
My 2cents

Facial look has never been a criteria for any job. A firm cannot expect you to alter your look when you're not even sure of getting the job.

I had a friend sometime ago who was quite bearded but kept it neat, after the interview he was successful and told to cut of the beard before resumption.

Look good, smell good, dress good! If they're gonna employ you, they will regardless of your appearance

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by Doctorfitz: 7:05am On Dec 18, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Hahahaha.hilarious.....unemployed beard gang

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by Pavore9: 7:09am On Dec 18, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
Na ISIS job interview? grin cheesy

This one is a no-no! cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by Ghost447(m): 7:09am On Dec 18, 2016
Dreamwaker:
Why not an employer?
Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by sakalisis(m): 7:12am On Dec 18, 2016
Nothing
Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by chrisxxx(m): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2016
In the north it will give u instant job especially in federal parastatal. However down south it is important you play safe by appearing neutral- l mean appearing with no beard. Most offices especially in south East/South have phobia for any person who appears bearded- the fear of bomb.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Bearded Bears To A Job Interview by MrSly(m): 7:19am On Dec 18, 2016
KealDrogo:
And grand question is "were you hired?"

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA RECRUITMENT 2019 EXERCISE / PVTI Invitation Message. / Esther Breakthrough Nig. Ltd - Just Out To Hammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.