Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

At Their Peak Who Was The Best? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / At Their Peak Who Was The Best? (904 Views)

Chelsea's Drogba Or Barcelona's Eto'o? Who Was The Best At His Peak? / Chelsea's Drogba Or Barcelona's Eto'o? Who Was The Best At His Peak? / Creativity At It's Peak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by Misterdhee1(m): 8:23am On Dec 18, 2016
Ronaldo? Ronaldinho? Zizou? Henry? Drop your comment!

Cc lalasticlala

Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:26am On Dec 18, 2016
George Best from what I read , pity he had a short career.
From the two I watched even though I disliked them,
Thierry Henry at club level
Ronaldo De Lima at international level.
Christaino ronaldos charm has since faded and messi is overrated and overprotected.
In exictment currently I give it to Greizeman hazard, Neymar and Mykitaryan.
Honorary mentions to Modric , Ozil, Iniesta , David Silva, mata, Nedved, Rosiscky and Bojan this are playmakers who weave magic and don't allow size intimidate them.

All in all, what you admire in a footballer varies so there might be really no best.

1 Like

Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by Misterdhee1(m): 9:28am On Dec 18, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
George Best
I never got the chance to watch him play. Though, I have seen some of his clips.. Genius!

But sir, among these four, who was the best in your opinion?
Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by nepapole(m): 9:37am On Dec 18, 2016
Ronaldinho made me fall in love with the game.. Always happy to watch him play.

1 Like

Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:38am On Dec 18, 2016
Misterdhee1:

I never got the chance to watch him play. Though, I have seen some of his clips.. Genius!

Like I always say what you admire in a footballer varies.
I was a winger and I prefer dribbling. Drawing people to you to create space for your colleagues, for this I will go with Ronaldinho. With a little bit of seriousness, he would have been the greatest of all time

1 Like

Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2016
Misterdhee1:

Although your initial question was who was the best at their peak , not the best in general.
So at their peak
Club level Henry
International. Ronaldo De Lima

1 Like

Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by ddippset(m): 9:51am On Dec 18, 2016
ronaldinho had a short time at the top, 2004 to 2005. but in those 2 years he was from another planet.

2 Likes

Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by ddippset(m): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Christaino ronaldos charm has since faded and messi is overrated and overprotected.
Honorary mentions to Modric , Ozil, Iniesta , David Silva, mata, Nedved, Rosiscky and Bojan this are playmakers who weave magic and don't allow size intimidate them.

All in all, what you admire in a footballer varies so there might be really no best.
only you want to comment on the whole thread? messi overrated? the same messi who refuses to fall down even if you use a bulldozer? the only player who is over protected is cristiano ronaldo. Cristiano even falls down when he sees a defender's shadow close to him.

1 Like

Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by Misterdhee1(m): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Messi is overated nd over protected Kwa? Sir, I never hear this kind thing for my life tho. grin Infact some of the players you mentioned are nothing but average. They won't even make the top 20 list currently, (apart from Neymar, hazard Iniesta, Modric, Ozil nd Griezmann).
Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by ddippset(m): 9:57am On Dec 18, 2016
Misterdhee1:

Messi is overated nd over protected Kwa? Sir, I never hear thus kind thing for my life tho. grin
nor mind am. the list from the op has ronaldinho on it. he didn't even talk about ronaldinho, and then talked negative about messi. you can clearly tell he's an EPL fan boy.

1 Like

Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:01am On Dec 18, 2016
Misterdhee1:

Messi is overated nd over protected Kwa? Sir, I never hear thus kind thing for my life tho. grin
ddippset:
nor mind am. the list from the op has ronaldinho on it. he didn't even talk about ronaldinho, and then talked negative about messi. you can clearly tell he's an EPL fan boy.
Yes Messi is overrated, because Messi himself was surprised to be awarded the best player in the last world cup, He was not even the best in the Argentine team. Mascherano was.
Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by Misterdhee1(m): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Yes Messi is overrated, because Messi himself was surprised to be awarded the best player in the last world cup, He was not even the best in the Argentine team. Mascherano was.
Possibly, James was more decisive than him during the tournament nd deserved the golden shoe. But, Messi was by far the best in that Argentine team. He scored the most goals, created the most chances and made key differences. Masch was most of the times, average. Let's not derail the thread sha.
Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:15am On Dec 18, 2016
ddippset:
only you want to comment on the whole thread? messi overrated? the same messi who refuses to fall down even if you use a bulldozer? the only player who is over protected is cristiano ronaldo. Cristiano even falls down when he sees a defender's shadow close to him.
Its because of comments like yours I rarely comment on Nairaland again What do you mean by commenting on the whole thread, is this thread not meant for discussion.
Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by ddippset(m): 4:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

of course that was the propaganda ronaldo fans enjoyed very much after ronaldo was booted out of the group stage with only one gifted goal from the Ghanian keeper. mascherano had only one exceptional game and that was the semi final against Netherlands. messi almost singlehandedly took them to that semi final. that propaganda, ronaldo fans loved very much.
Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by ddippset(m): 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
Misterdhee1:

Possibly, James was more decisive than him during the tournament nd deserved the golden shoe. But, Messi was by far the best in that Argentine team. He scored the most goals, created the most chances and made key differences. Masch was most of the times, average. Let's not derail the thread sha.
don't mind him. masherano was not even among the top 5 players of the tournament. all that masherano talk came from ronaldo fan boys who struggled to justify how their god was booted out of the first round with only one goal gift from Ghana's goalkeeper.

1 Like

Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by polymath01(m): 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ronaldinho was phenomenal, unpredictable and magical, infact during his playing days, he embarked on a voyage of discovery to extra terrestrial world of football.

1 Like

Re: At Their Peak Who Was The Best? by gulfer: 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2016
El phenomeno.........@Ronaldo de Lima kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Two Footballers Iruobev Can Never Follow On Twitter And Why / Tothenham Pays Record Bid For Sanchez / Saturday Odds Of 2. (bet9ja)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.