Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Stranded Arik Air Passengers At Benin Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stranded Arik Air Passengers At Benin Airport (703 Views)

"Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" / Trailer Nearly Landed On A Bus Filled With Passengers At Berger Cement Bustop / Kenyan Motorcyclist Carries 4 Passengers At Once (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stranded Arik Air Passengers At Benin Airport by Blurryface(m): 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2016
Our Arik air-operated flight was scheduled from Benin city to Lagos for 5:30pm yesterday and was later cancelled. I was rescheduled on another flight today that was supposed to operate at 11:30 am. I rushed to the airport with my colleagues early to catch the flight, lo and behold at 7:30am nobody was at the check-in counter of Arik. However, their counterpart, Air Peace staff were already at their duty posts.

At exactly 9:30am, I noticed that their small kiosk outside was open and on asking I was told that the flight time was rescheduled to 3:30pm. I was angry but hey I had no option than to get a taxi and we went back to our hotel.

We checked out from the hotel by 1 pm and straight to check-in counter of April but was told to hold for another 95 minutes. We later checked in waiting for the flight to arrive from Lagos but up till now, 5:50 pm, we no flight in sight and Arik ground staff are not even talking to us. Meanwhile, Air Peace flight have come and gone since 2pm.

We are tired, hungry and angry. Never again Arik.

Arik is the most unreliable airline I have ever seen. I think we should all stay away from Arik for now till they sort themselves out.

Re: Stranded Arik Air Passengers At Benin Airport by spartacus11(m): 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
why not take First bus this morning you for don dey lagos since airline and disappointment na 5 and 6
Re: Stranded Arik Air Passengers At Benin Airport by nextprince: 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
Abeg is ARIK back?
Re: Stranded Arik Air Passengers At Benin Airport by chidexSmokey(f): 7:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
I'd advice you either book wit airpeace tomorrow(though afternoon flight) or go by road. A customer of mine was to go to Abuja on 4th and return to benin 11th. flight was cancelled on 4th,had to wait till the nxt day. to return to benin on d 11th,flight was also cancelled! she just had to book wit airpeace...
bottom line, if you have to be in lagos tomorrow don't wait for arik
Re: Stranded Arik Air Passengers At Benin Airport by otokx(m): 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2016
Benin to Lagos is a straight road, this is penny wise, pound foolish.

(1) (Reply)

Azerbaijan Visa Inquiry / Danfo Bus Sinks Inside Gutter Water In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos) / Houston Airports: What Will Happen To These Set Of People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.