Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,927 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law (14339 Views)

Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) / 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot / Female Soldier Shares Photos Of Her Experience At The Nigerian Army Depot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law by jidxin(m): 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
just like d rules of professional conduct......rpc
Re: Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law by eezeribe(m): 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
herzern:
Somethinq should be done about Medical doctors handwritinq.

Their handwritinq is more like a drawinq..The comical part is that no matter what is written..A Pharmacist will always decode..

Sometimes, those pharmacists decode the wrong thing and complicate issues
Re: Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law by herzern(m): 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
eezeribe:

Sometimes, those pharmacists decode the wrong thing and complicate issues

I thouqht as much bro.

I went to see a doctor,narrated thinqs to him,He took a piece of paper and drew wrote some words and asked me to take it to the Pharmacy.

Walkinq from the doctor's office to the pharmaceutical store,I couldn't pronounce or mumble those words..As soon as I showed it to the pharmacist. He didn't even lament,He went in to qive me the druqs.

I was just astonished on that particular day.

1 Like

Re: Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law by ThinkSmarter: 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
herzern:

Their handwritinq is more like a drawinq..The comical part is that no matter what is written..A Pharmacist will always decode..

The fact z that most drugs name re like names of compound in chemistry /biochemistry and re always long, somethings like tetraoxosulphate, trioxophosphate, chloro~,ibuprofen, tetracycline, phenyl amine, etc, and both pharmacist n doctors hv offered the same courses pharmacology, Medical biochemistry and they are very conversant with the names even when only the 1st or middle alphabets z emphasized.
I am not a doctor but I hv an idea of it Bc I am a science student and I hv a friend that z a medical doctor.
I guess they do indulge that method of writing to save time, also they knew that most people that will read the report/recommendations re likely people that re conversant with their terminologies like the nurses, medical lab scientists, pharmacists.
Hope I made sense?
Re: Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law by Mbediogu(m): 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2016
blackaxe78:
Saving life's should be on the list.

Cos Nigerian doctors re good at killing there patients
Saving life comes at a financial cost that health professionals should be spared. Why do Nigerians love money more than life? They will not pay their small medical bills but will spend ten times the amount on their cars or wardrobe. Even healthy people are sometimes killed and their body parts used for money rituals so they can enjoy life in their generally poor state of health. Abeg free health workers and blame the Nigerians.
Re: Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law by NdRuby(m): 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
herzern:

Re: Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law by slowbreeze(f): 11:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
Mercy killing/ euthanasia...
Re: Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law by chyket(m): 5:58am On Dec 20, 2016
herzern:

Sometimes I feel that this bad handwriting contributes immensely to common drug misadministration in Nigeria because sometimes the pharmacist may misinterpret the handwriting.If the medical profession feels that it wants a handwriting that is unique to them,they should have introduced shorthand to their curriculum where all their members with pharmacists should then learn it to be on the same page.
Re: Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law by gemale(m): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2016
My own ques b say if doctor no fit do abortion 4 9ja, who dey do abortion 4 all those girls wey carry Belle during my university days?

1 Like

Re: Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
Add treating patients without first showing them money.
Attending to patients not registered in their hospital even if dying.
Helping patients to recover before sending them to their croonies labs for useless tests that cost more than would have helped the patient stay alive and relieved.

(1) (2) (Reply)

167 Policemen Deployed To Northeast Didn’t Abscond – Police / Poor Remuneration: Mass Exodus Of Officers May Hit Customs / Lawyers' Bench: Court Matters & Ors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.